Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's got nothing to lose and everything to gain. For a post Olympic year these championship trials are going to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
      TD, Yes (a couple of times), although a surprising number of people thought I stopped 150 yards early.
      Why is that?
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
        Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        If VCB doubles in Berlin, then just like in Osaka, Felix becomes the favorite.
        That's plain silly TD. VCB 2008 was an entirely different creature from Osaka, and if she's as good again this year, she'll double just fine. Methinks you make much too much out of doubling back from the 100. It has been done throughout history by many notables and still is today. VCB won the Athens 200, btw, after winning a 100 medal, or have you forgotten?
        No its not silly.

Sure alot of people have attempted the 100/200 double.

But what you fail to mention is how many women have been successful at it in a major?

Let me help you...in the last 30 years or so...

FloJo
        Marion Jones
        Kelli White

Is that it?

Now I'll let you tell me what ELSE they have in common. 8-)

In fact Kelli is the only American ever double and win both in a WC.

So if you're suggesting that someone doubles for the heck of it...fine.

But if the assertion is that its easy to do it AND WIN BOTH (which is the objective)...you're the one who's being silly.

Now let me add that when someone doubles it can negatively affect their marquee event. Felix decided NOT to double in 07 so it wouldnt effect her deuce...and it paid off big time. VCB on the other hand was fatigued from the rounds and nearly lost to Lauryn in the 100.

We know what happened in the 200.

I'm never silly.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
          Originally posted by guruof track
          VCB wins the 200 regardless if the doubles and Felix doesn't.
          I doubt that
          Word.

If VCB runs rounds in both...the 100 final will take enough out of her so that Felix is in the driver's seat in the 200.

We've seen this before people. Remember the margin of victory?

Felix probably wont win by the margin she won with in 07 but...

She doesnt need to.

Comment

[quote="Speedfirst"
            If Allyson has no intentions of running the 400m at Worlds, what would be the point of competing in the 400m at Nationals?[/quote]

To learn if she can handle rounds. She has never run three 400s in three days at a Senior level.
            none

Comment

[quote=Gleason]
              Originally posted by "Speedfirst"
              If Allyson has no intentions of running the 400m at Worlds, what would be the point of competing in the 400m at Nationals?[/quote

To learn if she can handle rounds. She has never run three 400s in three days at a Senior level.
              I can see that scenario, were she not scheduled to run the 100 & 200m.
              on the road

Comment

[quote="TrackDaddy"
                If VCB runs rounds in both...the 100 final will take enough out of her so that Felix is in the driver's seat in the 200.
                She doesnt need to.[/quote]

Why are you concerned about fatigue from running the 100? OG/WCh requires eight races in six days. "X-Man" ran nine races in four days at 2006 NCAA. His other race was 400. His 44.53 was his eighth race, but it would have placed second in the 2008 OG.

Have you ever run or coached the sprints? It seems that you don't understand fatigue from running 100s. "X-Man's" 44.53 was 32 minutes after his 100 PR.
                none

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

She doesnt need to.
                  Back to the broken record TD, VCB in '07 was hardly the woman she was in '08, but that doesn't jibe well with your thinking so you keep ignoring it. Gleason is rignt about the amount of fatigue from running `100s. And yes, sometimes you are silly. Don't be so pompous.

Comment

Gleason.....fatigue will have an impact on the person who runs more rounds, even if it's the 100m. There is a difference between X competing on the collegiate scene and VCB going up against arguably the 2nd best female 200m runner in the world. Again my money on Allyson with fewer rounds under her belt.

Gleason if you asked any runner, would they rather have fewer or no rounds to run going into another event over runnings rounds, I'm sure you know the answer to that.
                    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                      I dunno why everyone is so up in arms, she is all about retaining that title this yr in HER marquee event. She's not taking anything else for granted. Its not about what others want...but what SHE wants.

Well I hope SHE doesn't want a possible 200/400 double opportunity in 2012, something she did want in '08, because the chance to hold sway on Olympic scheduling is now gone.
                      Well from the looks of it, SHE is fine with that decision.
                      That's just the problem. She's burning bridges 3 years before she may wish to cross them,

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Gleason.....fatigue will have an impact on the person who runs more rounds, even if it's the 100m. There is a difference between X competing on the collegiate scene and VCB going up against arguably the 2nd best female 200m runner in the world. Again my money on Allyson with fewer rounds under her belt.
                        The point is that X PRd, not who he was running against. If VCB is as strong as last year, she can jog the 200 rounds. Ah well, we shall see soon enough.

Comment

The point is that X PRd, not who he was running against. If VCB is as strong as last year, she can jog the 200 rounds. Ah well, we shall see soon enough.
                          X still didn't compete against the top runners in the world. If VCB jogs or not, those rounds of the 100m already over. She won't jog, she'll want and NEED a favorable lane in the finals of the deuce.
                          on the road

Comment

X still didn't compete against the top runners in the world. If VCB jogs or not, those rounds of the 100m already over. She won't jog, she'll want and NEED a favorable lane in the finals of the deuce.
                            He defeated Dix, Martina and Padgett in the 100 then defeated Neville and Larry in the 400. His 400 time would have placed second at 2008 OG.
                            none

Comment

Gleason.....fatigue will have an impact on the person who runs more rounds, even if it's the 100m.
                              Perhaps nine out of 10 times. The one exception which came immediately to mind was Steve Lewis, who ran all the 400m rounds at USA OT, all the 400m rounds and final at the 1988 OG and topped it all off by running each and every round and final of the 4x400m which 2.56,16 = WR

Comment

Gleason if you asked any runner, would they rather have fewer or no rounds to run going into another event over runnings rounds, I'm sure you know the answer to that.
                                Why did Brisco, Johnson and Perec win OG 400/200 doubles against sprinters who hadn't run 400?
                                none

Comment

Working...
                                X