• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILoveTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan Shank
    Originally posted by Speedster
    I haven't seen the race yet but did Muna run from Lane 1 or Lane 2? I think I saw some of the races in Eugene run from 2-9 or am I wrong?
    She ran from lane one. My impression is that, had Lee been in lane 8 or some better lane, Felix would have had to run faster to win, but would have done so.

As far the as WC 200 is concerned, if Veronica is in her Beijing form and Felix in her Osaka form, it is going to be ONE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL of a race!! Here's hoping!
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA
    I agree Alan. This is not the first time the two have faced each other. No matter what the lanes, Felix has won when it counted in the 200m. Last year it was Lee in 6 and Felix in 5. And both had run the same number of heats in the 100m and 200m.

I don't think there is a better runner than Lee out of lane 1. I nominate her for the 3rd leg of the 4x1!

Leave a comment:

• Medal
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Medal
    That was Muna's race. If muna got a more reasonable lane she would have won. I expect to see a much better felix come berlin. I wouldnt be surprised to see usa take 2 of the 3 medals in the 200m final.
    I ma respectfully disagree, a couple of things. 1.) Allyson didn't have to run with a sense of urgency to make the team (her bye)....2.) with that beng the case she didn't have to push thru out the entire race, she got to work on some things as well.

She ran the race very relaxed, turned it on when needed, when there will be a sense of urgency, there will be an entirely different outcome, we've seen this before from Allyson.
    I agree that she didnt have that urgency, but felix doesnt like to lose. I do believe that she did push through the entire race. Its not like she ran a great curve and eased it in the last 100 meters. What she wanted to work on was the first 50 meters, which didnt go good. IMO felix always looks relaxed, regardless of whether she is running fast of slow. Even when that hitch becomes more pronounced.

I think muna and felix will be faster come WC's. With kerron out and VC playing catch up, muna and felix's odds of going 1-2 at WC's just went up.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by rasb
    If I'm advising Muna, I am saying.....choose 1 event, and win the Gold !
    (and the relay, of course) :wink:
    Do you realize that she's doubled all her life????

ALL OF IT!

Why should she choose 1 eve4nt when she challenged for the win in BOTH to WC & Oly medalists....

She is stronger this yr, and that's evidenced by her results thus far on a limited schedule. She should do what SHE feels like doing, and stay a medal threat in BOTH events.

She's coming back with some hardware this year...watch!
    Yes.....hardware for sure. And yes, It's her final call, because she has earned that right.
    I am just saying there are a lot of fast gals out there, and some are only running the 1, or the 2. So, my thought is, and I'm only playing of course, is that Muna may want to work on 1 Gold, vs. 2 Bronze, or whatever...
    This is just a chatline....don't get bent...

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by rasb
    Do you realize that she's doubled all her life????

ALL OF IT!

Why should she choose 1 eve4nt when she challenged for the win in BOTH to WC & Oly medalists....

She is stronger this yr, and that's evidenced by her results thus far on a limited schedule. She should do what SHE feels like doing, and stay a medal threat in BOTH events.

She's coming back with some hardware this year...watch!

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan Shank
    I haven't seen the race yet but did Muna run from Lane 1 or Lane 2? I think I saw some of the races in Eugene run from 2-9 or am I wrong?

She ran from lane one. My impression is that, had Lee been in lane 8 or some better lane, Felix would have had to run faster to win, but would have done so.

As far the as WC 200 is concerned, if Veronica is in her Beijing form and Felix in her Osaka form, it is going to be ONE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL of a race!! Here's hoping!
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA
    Agreed, Allyson was running very economically thru out the trials, even in the 100m :shock: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied

Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Gleason...

Puleeeeaaaasssseeee

Lost her confidence?

She's a two time WC who's beaten VCB before.

I think you had a different vision for the way Felix should have approached this season, but I told you way back on TS that I thought you were being unfair.

Allyson will explode in Berlin and VCB will more than have her hands full.

Watch!

It will be a battle down to the wire between two great competitors.

Lost her confidence...*sigh*
    I agree, I think she is just taking it REALLY slowly this year. She is definitely timing her season to a T

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Gleason...

Puleeeeaaaasssseeee

Lost her confidence?

She's a two time WC who's beaten VCB before.

I think you had a different vision for the way Felix should have approached this season, but I told you way back on TS that I thought you were being unfair.

Allyson will explode in Berlin and VCB will more than have her hands full.

Watch!

It will be a battle down to the wire between two great competitors.

Lost her confidence...*sigh*

Leave a comment:

• skiboo
    replied
    Sure looked to me like she was very relaxed, but that is what makes her such an outstanding sprinter. Also looked like she was run to the wire by Lee and was running her butt off not to be caught. I agree with those who think Lee would have won without that horrible lane assignment.

Given the times from yesterday's Jamaican meet, it will be a tough call between VCB {who should be faster in Berlin but doesn't look like she has last year's form, or will}, Lee, and Felix {who will also be faster in Berlin}. I'll pick AF to win title no. 3.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Medal
    That was Muna's race. If muna got a more reasonable lane she would have won. I expect to see a much better felix come berlin. I wouldnt be surprised to see usa take 2 of the 3 medals in the 200m final.
    I ma respectfully disagree, a couple of things. 1.) Allyson didn't have to run with a sense of urgency to make the team (her bye)....2.) with that beng the case she didn't have to push thru out the entire race, she got to work on some things as well.

She ran the race very relaxed, turned it on when needed, when there will be a sense of urgency, there will be an entirely different outcome, we've seen this before from Allyson.

Leave a comment:

• ILoveTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by Gleason
    I would have expected Felix to make the 100 final as she did in 2007 & 2008 but she said after Adidas that she had done no speed work. I assumed that she was doing major endurance work for 400. Her start in the 100 semi showed that she had not been taking many starts. I suspect that she developed "cold feet" a week ago, so her running the 100 was a last minute choice--that is why she ran so poorly. I fear that VCB has destroyed her confidence.
    You are so out in left field --- read her twitter and you might get a glimpse into what happened with her start. All of your assumptions are wrong! She didn't run the 400 like you wanted her to --- get over it!

P.S. I didn't realize that EPelle had correctly responded to Gleason.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Crystal ball time, after the 100m VCB is going to be more fatigued than she was in Beijing, but not so tired that she won't lead the world of the bend, particularly as there is no real improvement in Felix's start this season. I am sure they will work on it over the next eight weeks but I am not sure if it will ever be as good as the rest of her race.

Question is can VCB off her interupted preparation get far enough ahead of Felix to ensure that the 400m strength of Felix doesn't get run her down?

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    I would have expected Felix to make the 100 final as she did in 2007 & 2008 ... Her start in the 100 semi showed that she had not been taking many starts. I suspect that she developed "cold feet" a week ago, so her running the 100 was a last minute choice... .
    Gleason, yes, I am picking on you. Do you know why she didn't make the final? "i thought someone flinched and I didn't react so I tried the best I could." How does that equate to not taking many starts and/or having 400m endurance rather than 100m speed and/or developing cold feet?

19-august won't prove to you if Felix fears VCB any more than 3-january or 27-december will.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    I fear that VCB has destroyed her confidence.
    Considering that Felix consistently and without fail states where she gains her confidence, I don't believe for a minute that one particular person would shake her belief in her own ability to be the best.
    We'll know on August 21.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X