Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skiboo
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    And that's of much more importance to YOU and obviously not her and/or her coaches.

Build a bridge and get over it.
    Enjoy watching AF finish out of the running in the 100 when she owns history's 4th best 400 relay split.
    Guess what.....its a RELAY SPLIT...nothing more! It shows potential, but not nearly a indication that she WILL go sub 49.0.

You're harping on her because of a relay split when she is not going to run either the 100 or the 400 in Berlin is not important.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
      Seems a pretty good reason to be running this event. She was a HS kid in 2004 and racing in August is a pretty big deal. Last year she had a hitch in her stride and looked not as good all season long, including in the 400.

Also, It seems to me that AF is a better bet to still be going strong at 200 in 2012 than is VCB, several years her senior.
      `1) Assuming that VCB is the only Jamaican to give her trouble at 200 meters betweeen now and 2012. I doubt it.

2) Her potential at 400 is staggering. She's wasting her time running the 100, but certainly it is her prerogative to do so if she wishes.

Comment

It's possible she just doesn't have a love for the open 400 and just wants to do the 200 and the relays.

Comment

Originally posted by 502CD
          It's possible she just doesn't have a love for the open 400 and just wants to do the 200 and the relays.
          So how did Kersee convince Valerie BH to do both? Sorry, but Felix will get another silver in London - what a crying shame - if she continues with this plan.

Comment

Add to the fact that whomever doubles in the sprints suffers being at a disadvantage come the finals, since it will take from the 200m event.

Comment

VBH and AF are the same person now?

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                VBH and AF are the same person now?
                If only, what times we should see..

Comment

Williams is always in the hunt. Jeter will win, and the other place is totally up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
                    Originally posted by 26mi235
                    Seems a pretty good reason to be running this event. She was a HS kid in 2004 and racing in August is a pretty big deal. Last year she had a hitch in her stride and looked not as good all season long, including in the 400.

Also, It seems to me that AF is a better bet to still be going strong at 200 in 2012 than is VCB, several years her senior.
                    `1) Assuming that VCB is the only Jamaican to give her trouble at 200 meters betweeen now and 2012. I doubt it. [I did not say she was, but the comment was for the VCB specifically as chasing her to the 400]

2) Her potential at 400 is staggering. She's wasting her time running the 100, but certainly it is her prerogative to do so if she wishes.
                    While I am not a sprint guy, my guess is that there are two reasons for her running the 100. 1) to get speed to help counter a deficit to VCB; and 2) to qualify for a relay, because she wanted to get triple golds (not too many in that league).

She runs a fabulous 400r but is not as good in the open 400 (an 'anti-"O"?). She was stupendous in that 2007 Final and pretty good for having something awry in the 2008 Final. When you get the credentials her coach has she might listen to your advice, until then I am pretty sure that she and her coach know what they are doing (much less that is so obvious that they have it wrong-headed).

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                      Felix in the 100 is mind boggling. I'll play arm-chair QB on this on and venture to say she finishes outside the top 5.
                      No way.

Although she may not run the final.

I just hope she protects her hammy.

She's been running 400s all year.

And remember....for all the people who want her to run the 400, this (the 100/200 double) was her recipe at trials in 07.

And we know what happened in Osaka. :shock:
                      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Oh...

Lee
                        Jeter
                        Hooker

I'm tempted to flip flop Hooker and Jeter though.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                          I can see Allyson finishing in the top 4 in this 100m.
                          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by 502CD
                            I agree. Certainly a different mindset (at least what has been observed and reported) than his two firebirds of the '80's. Felix reminds me more of Pam Marshall (for those who remember) and less of the former.

But perhaps, at some later point...

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              Oh...
                              Lee
                              Jeter
                              Hooker
                              I'm tempted to flip flop Hooker and Jeter though.
                              Why? 2009 seems to be Jeter's year.
                              none

Comment

[quote="ChuiTai"
                                But perhaps, at some later point...[/quote]

Will the schedule allow a 400/200 double then?
                                none

Comment

Working...
                                X