Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 USATF: w100 -1.Carmelita Jeter 10.78w 2.Muna Lee 10.78w

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Oh...
    Lee
    Jeter
    Hooker
    I'm tempted to flip flop Hooker and Jeter though.
    Why? 2009 seems to be Jeter's year.
    Why not? 2008 was VCB's year...what happened at the Jamaican Trials?

    Or to put it differently, is Jeter a GREATER favorite this year heading into the US Championships than VCB was last year heading into the Jamaican Trials?

    I think not....

    At the risk of sounding like a broken record...all it takes is one race...

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by texas_speed
      Originally posted by Gleason
      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      Oh...
      Lee
      Jeter
      Hooker
      I'm tempted to flip flop Hooker and Jeter though.
      Why? 2009 seems to be Jeter's year.
      Why not? 2008 was VCB's year...what happened at the Jamaican Trials?

      Or to put it differently, is Jeter a GREATER favorite this year heading into the US Championships than VCB was last year heading into the Jamaican Trials?

      I think not....

      At the risk of sounding like a broken record...all it takes is one race...
      If you are talking about VCB winning, I think most people expected Kerron to trump her in that department, leading up to trials Stewart seemed clearly superior. That being said though VCB, her finishing out of the top 3 was simply unthought of though.

      That being said though my prediction is...

      Lee
      Hooker
      Williams

      Lee regaining her national title
      Hooker is hungry
      Williams just doesn't know how not to qualify for an individual competition.
      Jeter will suffer her first loss for the season I think.

      Comment


      • #48
        I was referring to her making the team monk. Sorry for not clarifying.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: 2009 USATF: w100

          Originally posted by bhall
          1. Carmelita Jeter (Nike) 6
          2. Lauryn Williams (Nike) 1
          3. Muna Lee (Nike) 3
          4. Shalonda Solomon (Reebok)
          5. Bianca Knight (adidas) 8
          6. Marshevet Hooker (adidas) 2
          7. Stephanie Durst (unattached) 10*
          8. Alexandria Anderson
          9. Tianna Madison
          10. Jessica Young (TCU)

          How does Lauryn rank so high based on season to date performances

          The chart is nonsense

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by texas_speed
            I'll play:

            Hooker
            Lee
            Williams
            Season to date Hooker and Williams have been disappionting
            I quess your thinking is they will step up big

            Cheers

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: 2009 USATF: w100

              Originally posted by longingfornia
              Originally posted by bhall
              1. Carmelita Jeter (Nike) 6
              2. Lauryn Williams (Nike) 1
              3. Muna Lee (Nike) 3
              4. Shalonda Solomon (Reebok)
              5. Bianca Knight (adidas) 8
              6. Marshevet Hooker (adidas) 2
              7. Stephanie Durst (unattached) 10*
              8. Alexandria Anderson
              9. Tianna Madison
              10. Jessica Young (TCU)

              How does Lauryn rank so high based on season to date performances
              Possibly cuz she's made every team since 04. She always comes through in the big ones.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: 2009 USATF: w100

                Originally posted by longingfornia
                Originally posted by bhall
                1. Carmelita Jeter (Nike) 6
                2. Lauryn Williams (Nike) 1
                3. Muna Lee (Nike) 3
                4. Shalonda Solomon (Reebok)
                5. Bianca Knight (adidas) 8
                6. Marshevet Hooker (adidas) 2
                7. Stephanie Durst (unattached) 10*
                8. Alexandria Anderson
                9. Tianna Madison
                10. Jessica Young (TCU)

                How does Lauryn rank so high based on season to date performances

                The chart is nonsense
                I realize this is the 100, but Lauryn has run 22.3x this year in the deuce.

                Which MAY be an indicator of things to come in the 100.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                Comment


                • #53
                  History often repeats itself. I see no reason to bet against a healthy lauren williams.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    When will some people learn that when it comes to certain athletes, if healthy...just throw out the whole early season performances out the damn window!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by longingfornia
                      Originally posted by texas_speed
                      I'll play:

                      Hooker
                      Lee
                      Williams
                      Season to date Hooker and Williams have been disappionting
                      I quess your thinking is they will step up big

                      Cheers
                      What had Fraser done season to date prior to the Jamaican Trials? Just takes 1...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by 26mi235

                        Defending Champion WC 200m:

                        Seems a pretty good reason to be running this event. She was a HS kid in 2004 and racing in August is a pretty big deal. Last year she had a hitch in her stride and looked not as good all season long, including in the 400.

                        Also, It seems to me that AF is a better bet to still be going strong at 200 in 2012 than is VCB, several years her senior.

                        NB VCB born 1982
                        AF born 1985
                        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by justblaze1011
                          When will some people learn that when it comes to certain athletes, if healthy...just throw out the whole early season performances out the damn window!!!!
                          SO TRUE LAURYN Williams is a master at that..and i think hooker is going to spring a surprise too

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by texas_speed
                            I'll play:

                            Hooker
                            Lee
                            Williams
                            Me too

                            Jeter
                            Williams
                            Hooker

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              WOW!! 25 women all crammed between 10.78 and 11.30 is VERY competitive and impressive. Hope the top three regain their mental competitive drive post-final.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Lauryn didn't deiiver in China last August so she has failed big at a major in the past

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X