• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    They really are in some Deep doo doo.. I don't know how US are going to come out of this one! It sticky.

I know! Trackdaddy and Speed Just print three of these, Jeter and crew can fill them out with their immigration form when they land in Berlin.

http://www.teachersparadise.com/c/certi ... 55249.html
    Ha

Ha

Very funny, RG.

I cant wait til Muna wipes that smile off your face.
    :wink:

Berlin will not be another Beijing!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Henry
    replied
    As for PH's comments about Muna. Please. Muna won the Olympic trials 100m last year and was the only American to double in Beijing. And we werent high on her? :roll:

.[/quote]

As far as hyping her on this board goes, I guess it was latent!!???

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta
    When I threw in
    Instead of wasting bandwith...

Why didnt you "throw in" a time where someone other than Shelly Ann had EVER run 10.88 or faster into a -1.5 or greater wind?

My point is and has been that its NEVER happened before Saturday.

Ever.

Again...get Oscar to help you with that.
    I'm getting the sense that your point impresses few here. We've had runners break 11.00, and a few who have run 11.0x, with even bigger headwinds. It seems your intention to make a big deal out of that performance is driving it closer to the background, even to irrelevancy. Not that it really matters much, given all of the other 10.8x performances with a -1.0 or greater wind. Hell, Evelyn once ran 22.30 with an enormous hurricane in her face (-4.3), with everyone else (Flo, for one) 23.09 or slower. That impresses me much more, even today.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Been on the Muna train since 2004 when she came 7th in the Oly 200. Been missing her ever since.... I thought she was extremely humble and poised. Was extremely glad she came back last year and I have been predicting all season that comes trials she will be ready. And I still see her improving as a better rate than Jeter who is at or near peak in my opinion. Lee trumps Jeter come Berlin finals.
    Trust me when I say, Jeter is nowhere near peak...believe that! I know the training all too well.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    Jeter doesn't have a great start. With SAF having a killer start and drive phase, Jeter will be hard pressed to catch her in Berlin
    Nice post. On this last part, having something where she can improve gives her a bit of an advantage in a way. Specifically, if she is, say, 0.03 'behind' with her current start/drive phase, SAF cannot expect to improve her start/drive but Jeter might do so. [I am not trying to argue which one is better, just working into your insights on the relative strengths of these two.]

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Been on the Muna train since 2004 when she came 7th in the Oly 200. Been missing her ever since.... I thought she was extremely humble and poised. Was extremely glad she came back last year and I have been predicting all season that comes trials she will be ready. And I still see her improving as a better rate than Jeter who is at or near peak in my opinion. Lee trumps Jeter come Berlin finals.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by knite

Exactly, I'm not sure where folks been...however, I've been hyping Muna since her Frosh yr at LSU!
    I can confirm that this is a true statement.

Muna...knite has ALWAYS had your back! guruoftrack too, I believe.
    Man...remember those days on dyestat when we ALL was goin at it over LSU, Texas, and South Carolina, w/a few USC/UCLA heads....those were some fun times on the boards back then.

Muna was killin' it back then, but has come into her own now, and I am thoroughly happy to see that!

its good to see Jeter doing her thing as well, plus she a nice look. Hahaha...but something about that voice that make me shrill....LOL

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by knite

Exactly, I'm not sure where folks been...however, I've been hyping Muna since her Frosh yr at LSU!
    I can confirm that this is a true statement.

Muna...knite has ALWAYS had your back! guruoftrack too, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    she ran a wind-aided 21.9 last year prior to trials as well (France). This year she has raced much less frequently than up to this time last year.

Muna is the real deal, I've seen her since my freshman year of HS and been a fan since LSU days (sorry STL and KC had a rivalry).

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    I think the only reason Muna "tied" with Jeter at the US trials was because Jeter cramped up at 70m and thus allowing Muna to catch up.

One thing I like about Jeter is that she always seem to remain humble in her post race interviews because she knows that its not what you do now, its what you do in Berlin.

Jeter doesn't have a great start. With SAF having a killer start and drive phase, Jeter will be hard pressed to catch her in Berlin
    Jeter is undefeated this year and has been killing people. But just I predicted Muna's been getting closer and closer to Jeter as the season progressed. So yes, Jeter cramped, but Muna has closed the gap this season inspite of that.

As for Fraser's start, I agree. But if someone is able to get out with her, she can be run down. Kerron had a horrible start at trials. Horrible. And still nearly walked her down barely running out of real estate.

It CAN be done.

As for PH's comments about Muna. Please. Muna won the Olympic trials 100m last year and was the only American to double in Beijing. And we werent high on her? :roll:

And I've been saying all year that Muna would close the gap and eventually pass Jeter.

However, specifically, Muna has ALWAYS had a solid core base of fans who spoke well of her. Jeter has had the beenfit of a TON of races prior to US nationals, as I think that helped her in winning the US title. However, as you stated TD, I believe Muna will be where she needs to be come August as she has altered her schedule from running so much before nationals to making sure she performs better between and right on up to WC's.

Put my check mark down for Muna....And ya know this....MAAAAAAANNN!

My guess is that last yr, Muna had about 2-3 200's and 4 100's last year? prior to nationals, plus a leg at the Texas and Penn Relays 4x100's that went on, maybe even Mt Sac. This yr, she ran Reebok, Pre, and and Texas relays 4x1, and the Kansas Relays 200m's race, where she had a stiff headwind in her 1st outing of the year. Though I could be wrong on the approximation of how many races she had last yr.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    I think the only reason Muna "tied" with Jeter at the US trials was because Jeter cramped up at 70m and thus allowing Muna to catch up.

One thing I like about Jeter is that she always seem to remain humble in her post race interviews because she knows that its not what you do now, its what you do in Berlin.

Jeter is undefeated this year and has been killing people. But just I predicted Muna's been getting closer and closer to Jeter as the season progressed. So yes, Jeter cramped, but Muna has closed the gap this season inspite of that.

As for Fraser's start, I agree. But if someone is able to get out with her, she can be run down. Kerron had a horrible start at trials. Horrible. And still nearly walked her down barely running out of real estate.

It CAN be done.

And I've been saying all year that Muna would close the gap and eventually pass Jeter.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Henry
    I still maintain that Lauryn Williams is a better bet for an American medal than Lee and Jeter. As a matter of fact seems kind a all of a suddenish that Lee has started to get so many props watching this board from say; January until now never heard a quarter of this many superlatives attached to her. What happened to the posters?

That said, an American medal in the women's 100 in Berlin might be more difficult to come by than in Beijing and Lauryn is the best bet. All this said in the board'sapparent ignorance of Baptiste who could be a spoiler (Trinnies got that weaselish way you know boy) :lol:
    Well many of these Muna fans were supplanted by the closing of TS.

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Jeter doesn't impress me at all, Just all power.
    That early win doesn't mean anything! She still doesn't have the World leading time.
    She doesn't have to impress you. She has impressed her competition.
    She just needs to keep impressing all the way to the WC finals...

I still say Muna beats her though.

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Jeter doesn't impress me at all, Just all power.
    That early win doesn't mean anything! She still doesn't have the World leading time.
    She doesn't have to impress you. She has impressed her competition.
    She just needs to keep impressing all the way to the WC finals...

I still say Muna beats her though.
    I think the only reason Muna "tied" with Jeter at the US trials was because Jeter crapped up at 70m and thus allowing Muna to catch up.

One thing I like about Jeter is that she always seem to remain humble in her post race interviews because she knows that its not what you do know, its what you do in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• Fortis4Eva
    replied
    Lots of women can win this event .... it's going to be who is best on the day ... it could be one of many , Veronica , Shelly Ann , Kerron , Jeter and Muna Lee can all win ....... I'm Jamaican and would love to see another sweep, it's possible, but a lot of things would have to fall into place. Right now I'm going with VCB SAF and Jeter for my top 3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X