• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by bhall
    [code]
    1 Brad Walker Nike 5.75m 18-10.25
    5.40 5.55 5.65 5.70 5.75 5.80 5.85
    PPP O PPP PPP O PPP XXX
    Did Walker really miss thrice at 5.85? I was under the impression that he had passed out of the competition after 5.75.
    Brad and Toby took 2 attempts at 5.85 then called it a day, Derek and Jeremy took 3 attempts.

Comment

Stevenson had no choice but to only jump twice; he was still packing a first-try miss from 5.80 with him. It was a zooie time; I somehow missed both of Walker's attempts. (glad to know I only missed two, not three!)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Stevenson had no choice but to only jump twice; he was still packing a first-try miss from 5.80 with him. It was a zooie time; I somehow missed both of Walker's attempts. (glad to know I only missed two, not three!)
        I did not record Stevenson taking any attempts at 5.80, only Hollis. I suppose it is possible I missed a jump.

Comment

You may be right on Stevenson; I'm just citing what the official chart says.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            Originally posted by Powell
            Speaking of which, has Jeff Hartwig officially retired?
            I suspect so. He's almost 42 years old and he hasn't competed all year.
            He obviously would make a great coach at some school.

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
              Originally posted by tandfman
              Originally posted by Powell
              Speaking of which, has Jeff Hartwig officially retired?
              I suspect so. He's almost 42 years old and he hasn't competed all year.
              He obviously would make a great coach at some school.
              He's focusing on being an agent and working for Gill Athletics, but he has coached a lot of Earl's camps, and I think he helps out vaulters from time to time at meets and he is good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                I get the impression that those hand held hy-tek devices don't always deal with passing well, especially at the end of the competition.

Comment

Brad confirms he was xxp; official sheet is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Brad confirms he was xxp
                    I guess that's better than being a hermaphroditic xxy!

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                      Originally posted by gh
                      I get the impression that those hand held hy-tek devices don't always deal with passing well, especially at the end of the competition.
                      I have a similar impression from dealing with them. Never put them in the hand of the head vault official, it detracts from paying attention to all of the real stuff. I have found that the larger the field and the longer the event goes, the slower the device works and it is easier to make a mistake (delayed feedback-> double entry, etc). They also seem unnecessarily difficult to 'reverse' a mistaken entry or doing anything different from its programming, which is not necessarily exactly perfect.

Comment

Working...
                      X