Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Originally posted by BillVol
    "I'm tired of racing against drugs." What is James talking about here? Or who?

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage ... mpionships
    WOW!!!
    I remember reading some quote, I think from Joaquin Cruz regarding FloJo where it was something like "Athletes know. We can tell. We're out there running, we know what's legit and what isn't."

Could be something like that but yeah..wow. I don't really know how to respond to that, he really sounded defeated and he was just going to lay it out there on the line.

Looking at his IAAF profile now: two 4th places in the Olympics, and another 4th in Osaka. Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      Reading some of his comments, Carter just strikes me as being frustrated at his race today - he makes no mention of any injury in his post-race twitter posts. He may have pulled up when the outcome became obvious(leading to the DQ). The drug stuff, and quitting the hurdles, likely heat of the moment comments.
      Did you listen to the entire interview on flotrack ? He sounded calm and composed and he has so much experience in all aspects of track that I don't think he would just announce his retirement from the 400 hurdles if he wasn't serious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
        Men 400 Meter Hurdles
        ================================================== =============
        World: W 46.78 8/6/1992 Kevin Young, USA
        American: A 46.78 8/6/1992 Kevin Young, Foot Locker AC
        Hayward: S 47.69 1993 Kevin Young, USA
        Name Year Team Finals
        ================================================== =============
        Finals
        1 Bershawn Jackson Nike 48.03
        2 Johnny Dutch South Carolina 48.18
        3 Angelo Taylor Nike 48.30
        4 Michael Tinsley adidas 48.53
        5 Jeshua Anderson Washington State 48.77
        6 Justin Gaymon Georgia 49.31
        7 Brandon Johnson unattached 50.73
        -- James Carter Nike DQ
        Dutch beating the current Olympic Gold Medalist(Taylor) quite a feather in his cap!!!!!!!!!And my pre-race prediction of a sub 48 nearly came true

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
          I don't think he would just announce his retirement from the 400 hurdles if he wasn't serious about it.

Considering he's also talking about moving to the decathlon, I'll give him a day or two to collect his thoughts.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
            Originally posted by croflash
            I don't think he would just announce his retirement from the 400 hurdles if he wasn't serious about it.

Considering he's also talking about moving to the decathlon, I'll give him a day or two to collect his thoughts.
            Agreed Guru he's not going anywhere.

Comment

I wonder if Carter would have made the team ,if the tone of the interview would have been different. He mentioned his hamstring, well that obviously contributed to his performance, which he stated. So is it the hamstring or running against drugs?

He definitely opened up a can of worms, with the drug comments.
              on the road

Comment

Working...
              X