X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EZSum
    Originally posted by dj
    Carter out, 45.55, 5th in semi I.
    A big surprise for Carter's fans. Not so big a surprise for the reality based community.
    Hahaha......that's why they run the races on the track, always have and always will. The results are NEVER determined or decided on message boards, barbershops or by the water cooler.
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by dj
      A big surprise for Carter's fans. Not so big a surprise for the reality based community.
      EXACTLY!!!
      Hopefully this is THE END of talking about what X man might do based on his 2006 season.
      If you really follow T&F, you know that the best predictor of an athlete's current race, is his previous couple of races.
      2006? -fuggitaboutit !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
        EXACTLY!!!
        Hopefully this is THE END of talking about what X man might do based on his 2006 season.
        If you really follow T&F, you know that the best predictor of an athlete's current race, is his previous couple of races.
        must my nose be rubbed in it... 45.5 is a heck of a time. It is a very solid 400m field he was up against.
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
          Hush! ops:
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
            EXACTLY!!!
            must my nose be rubbed in it... 45.5 is a heck of a time. It is a very solid 400m field he was up against.
            He got unlucky with the way the semis stacked up as well. On pure times he deserved to be in the final.

Comment

EXACTLY!!!
              He got unlucky with the way the semis stacked up as well. On pure times he deserved to be in the final.
              EZ all due respect, if that is your sentiment, why wouldn't the X fans not continue to believe in him?
              on the road

Comment

Just watched the semi's...Kerron looked nice and smooth, he will be a factor in the finals. X tighten up at about 320 meters, he looked to be in good position coming off the curve, he let all the guys outside him, get him. That shouldn't happen, cuz you can see them better.
                on the road

Comment

You wanna know whats funny??? Kerron making the team doesn't even matter because whoever fourth is still going to world in the 400m due to Kerron running the 400mh.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    EXACTLY!!!
                    EZ all due respect, if that is your sentiment, why wouldn't the X fans not continue to believe in him?
                    The times they tend to predict for him which seem to bear no relation to his current form. He's capable of fantastic things but I don't think he's anywhere near his potential at the moment.

Someone predicted a 20 flat for the deuce in the other thread. The chances of him running that right now must be pretty slim. At least I haven't seen anyone predict him running a p.b. in the deuce, as some did in the 400, as that would be setting the bar at an impossible height.

Still, it must be good for his confidence to have fans that believe in him so much.

Comment

...X tighten up at about 320 meters, he looked to be in good position coming off the curve, he let all the guys outside him, get him. That shouldn't happen, cuz you can see them better.
                      The importance of relaxation and running within himself were half the battle of being able run well at these championships. That's unfortunate for him, because it is a factor tantamount to his continued progression which continues to need addressing. Merritt worked on it between the fall of 2007 and the spring of 2008 and ran remarkably better down homestretches at any number of tracks around the world.

Comment

Just watched the semi's...Kerron looked nice and smooth, he will be a factor in the finals. X tighten up at about 320 meters, he looked to be in good position coming off the curve, he let all the guys outside him, get him. That shouldn't happen, cuz you can see them better.
                        Ah but Speed, you know as well as I do (well..I definitely do, as does Taliban and 400ih), your 400m is only as good as your last 100m. You can come out with your house on fire but if you don't have the strength to finish, you don't really have anything. Not to put my boy Gus on blast, but ask him about Nate Olson walking him down bad in the final 150m of his leg in 2005 (sorry Gus!) - the 400m caters to the strong and the fit, things that X cannot say. It feels like a broken record - potential, potential, potential - but it's about fitness and the mental strength to keep relaxed through the last straight and it seems like he just doesn't have it.

Comment

Call me nuts, but I am going with Darryl for third.

Merrit, Clement, Darryl. Come on Darryl, just think of the final as a relay leg.

One love.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                            Originally posted by 2 cents
                            Carter is simply not the same athlete he was in 2006. He has no chance of running a 44.53.
                            You're so right.
                            And then EPelle proceeds to tell us later in this thread that Carter can run under 44.53 "with relative ease," and "beyond a shadow of a doubt." Well, well, well...

Comment

[quote=2 cents]
                              Originally posted by EPelle
                              Originally posted by "2 cents":3bdvzuoh
                              Carter is simply not the same athlete he was in 2006. He has no chance of running a 44.53.
                              You're so right.
                              And then EPelle proceeds to tell us later in this thread that Carter can run under 44.53 "with relative ease," and "beyond a shadow of a doubt." Well, well, well...[/quote:3bdvzuoh]
                              Yup, people mess up, just like you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 cents
                                And then EPelle proceeds to tell us later in this thread that Carter can run under 44.53 "with relative ease," and "beyond a shadow of a doubt." Well, well, well...
                                Yes, I did say so, didn't I? I firmly believe that as well in a one-off. I'll back it up all season until he reaches his peak.

Comment

Working...
                                X