Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what it looked like Kerron Stewart was fussing about after the 100m finals....she looked pissed...maybe because SAF blew the doors off the comp with that start :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
      Originally posted by 3a
      Originally posted by nikko84
      Stewart and Bailey seemed to be really upset at the end of the race? what happened? they didn't hear correctly the starter or smthg?
      Didn't hear the gun, it WAS quite muted. I don't know why people are raving about Shelly and not Kerron. Kerron has started decently all season, here she was brutal...having not heard the gun....but she closed like a DEAMON. If she gets any kind of start in Berlin, she will own Fraser.
      I definitely think Kerron was much faster than SAF in that race. She was wayyyy behind SAF at the 10 meter mark, and she gained back almost all the ground over the next 90 meters.

If Kerron gets a decent start in Berlin, I agree she will win Gold easily. Also, if they get any kind of decent tailwind, I think Kerron will go sub 10.60 in the Berlin final if she gets a decent start. She looked obscenely fast in that race today, given how horrible her start was.
      KS start only looked so bad because she was next to SAF. And SAF could have the same argument about not hearing the gun because she was right next to KS. If you look at it closely enough, removing SAF from the race you would see that KS got one of the better starts in comparison to the rest of the field. Simone Facey had the second best start and it still looked below par because SAF got out so fast.

Comment

• I notice that neither Kerron nor Aileen congratulated Shelly Ann, as a matter of fact they just ignored her. Maybe they thought she got away with a false start, terrible sportsmanship.

Comment

• Originally posted by nony
          I notice that neither Kerron nor Aileen congratulated Shelly Ann, as a matter of fact they just ignored her. Maybe they thought she got away with a false start, terrible sportsmanship.
          Wrong/inaccurate assumption. They are blaming the starter/crowd for not hearing the gun. Don't go start spreading rumors.
          Cows need love too

Comment

• Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
            Originally posted by nony
            I notice that neither Kerron nor Aileen congratulated Shelly Ann, as a matter of fact they just ignored her. Maybe they thought she got away with a false start, terrible sportsmanship.
            Wrong/inaccurate assumption. They are blaming the starter/crowd for not hearing the gun. Don't go start spreading rumors.
            Not spreading rumors just my observation, at the end look at shellyann walking towards them and kerron turns her back. I don't care if the crowd was loud, these things happen, you qualified, suck it up and be gracious in defeat. Walk over and give the girl a hand shake or a hug, simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Originally posted by 3a
              Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
              Finals
              1 Bolt, Usain 22 Racers Track Club 10.11 9.86 -0.2
              2 Powell, Asafa 26 Mvp Track Club 10.03 9.97 -0.2
              3 Frater, Micheal 26 Mvp Track Club 10.15 10.02 -0.2
              4 Anderson, Marvin 27 Racers Track Club 10.18 10.07 -0.2
              5 Mullings, Steve 26 Unattached 10.07 10.08 -0.2
              6 Blake, Yohan 19 Racers Track Club 10.13 10.09 -0.2
              7 Clarke, Lerone 27 Lincoln University 10.19 10.25 -0.2
              8 Barnes, Winston 20 University OF TE 10.27 10.25 -0.2
              Michael Frater shocked me. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAsYzHP-nw

He's so close to the top two, and it's a negative wind. That was worth a 9'8 and as far as I know he has only barely broken 10 seconds once in his life.

To me, he was more impressive than the american top 3. So, Jamaica may well end up with 3 of the top 4 in Berlin?
              American top three :shock:, pinch yourself, cuz your're day dreaming.
              It's really annoying when people refuse to read a post correctly and put words in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3a
                Originally posted by Speedfirst
                Originally posted by 3a
                Finals

He's so close to the top two, and it's a negative wind. That was worth a 9'8 and as far as I know he has only barely broken 10 seconds once in his life.

To me, he was more impressive than the american top 3. So, Jamaica may well end up with 3 of the top 4 in Berlin?
                It's really annoying when people refuse to read a post correctly and put words in your mouth.
                What words did I put in your mouth? :?
                on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by 3a

I don't know why Michael would shock anyone. He is, after all, a former national champion, a WC silver medalist and an Olympic finalist. FYI, he has run under 10.00 twice, 9.97 in Beijing and 9.98 in Rieti. The only serious contender for the third spot would have been Nesta Carter, who withdrew because of hamstring issues. The battle for third would have been better only if Blake or Mullings could have pulled off a significant improvement in their PB. Michael deserves more credit than he gets.
                  Regards,
                  toyracer

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    Originally posted by 3a
                    Originally posted by 3a
                    Finals

Sheesh...You wrote "American top 3? ...You're dreaming" Implying that I thought Americans would sweep in Berlin. When infact I wrote and highlighted for you....that Michael Frater was more impressive than the American top 3 (as in the top 3 finishers at American Nationals) and argued that Jamaica would therefore fill 3 of the top 4 spots at worlds. Perhaps English isn't you first language, however. So I apologise.

Comment

• Originally posted by toyracer
                      Originally posted by 3a

I don't know why Michael would shock anyone. He is, after all, a former national champion, a WC silver medalist and an Olympic finalist. FYI, he has run under 10.00 twice, 9.97 in Beijing and 9.98 in Rieti. The only serious contender for the third spot would have been Nesta Carter, who withdrew because of hamstring issues. The battle for third would have been better only if Blake or Mullings could have pulled off a significant improvement in their PB. Michael deserves more credit than he gets.
                      Michael has been consistent at 10.0 since 2005. Given the amount of races he has run and the fact that his 9'98 was in the Olympics, I presumed that this kind of time was his limit. Which is why I was shocked by his run yesterday, because to me it implies that with a full legal win of +2 he could venture into the 9'8's.....something I hadnt really considered. Infact, I thought he was in danger of losing his spot to Blake.

Comment

• [quote=3a][quote=Speedfirst]
                        Originally posted by 3a
                        Originally posted by 3a
                        Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan":dw6orlyz]Finals
                        8 Barnes, Winston 20 University OF TE 10.27 10.25 -0.2[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAsYzHP-nw
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAsYzHP-nw[/url]

Sheesh...You wrote "American top 3? ...You're dreaming" Implying that I thought Americans would sweep in Berlin. When infact I wrote and highlighted for you....that Michael Frater was more impressive than the American top 3 (as in the top 3 finishers at American Nationals) and argued that Jamaica would therefore fill 3 of the top 4 spots at worlds. Perhaps English isn't you first language, however. So I apologise.[/quote:dw6orlyz]

I knew exactly what YOU were referring to, obviously it is you who didn't know that, no problem. Again pinch yourself, you're day dreaming, the American top 3 at the trials, Frater more impressive, hey but your opinion (dream)

How in the world did you conclude I thought you were talking about an American sweep? It's apparent and clear you stated Frater was more impressive than the American top 3...Wow

P.S. you wrote American top 3, I replied to that :roll: :roll:
                        on the road

Comment

• This is honestly the scariest thing I have seen Usain Bolt do since the time he ran that 9.92 totally jogging the final 40m of the race in the quarterfinals in Beijing.

This time I seriously think he jogged the last SEVENTY METERS of the race and still ran a 10.11 into a headwind lol. LOL. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This is utterly ridiculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjUh...717094&index=3

Man I am glad I sent the guy a personal message on youtube to upload the semi's. I figured it would be something like this. I didn't realize it would be THAT much of a jog though... WOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by nony
                            Originally posted by nony
                            Not spreading rumors just my observation, at the end look at shellyann walking towards them and kerron turns her back. I don't care if the crowd was loud, these things happen, you qualified, suck it up and be gracious in defeat. Walk over and give the girl a hand shake or a hug, simple as that.
                            Nobody hugged each other last year when Kerron won. Nobody hugged each other in the womens 200m last year either(at the trials)

Again, you are looking too much into nothing.
                            Cows need love too

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
                              This is honestly the scariest thing I have seen Usain Bolt do since the time he ran that 9.92 totally jogging the final 40m of the race in the quarterfinals in Beijing.

This time I seriously think he jogged the last SEVENTY METERS of the race and still ran a 10.11 into a headwind lol. LOL. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This is utterly ridiculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjUh...717094&index=3

Man I am glad I sent the guy a personal message on youtube to upload the semi's. I figured it would be something like this. I didn't realize it would be THAT much of a jog though... WOW.
                              I think you better rephrase the meaning of jogging. Or accept the consequence of proposing Bolt to become a real legend by trying to win the marathon.
                              Of cause I also see the lightness and ease with which he ran from a certain distance on (not 30m). Bolt has such a dynamic and has so much kinetic energy at his disposal at a certain point in the race, that he just doesn't lose so much speed as one would expect, when he no longer performs maximally.
                              I have a extreme lot of experience in cycling speed (another matter), but I know for a fact how frustrated it sometimes is how less you can gain by maximal effort towards just coasting. The higher the approaching speed, the less the gain. He would be IMO jogging if he would "skip" the acceleration phase.

Comment

• Bolt's acceleration phase is the whole race!! :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X