8 Ayre, Sanjay 29 Unattached 46.46 46.60

Comment

• VCB 22.40
      SAF
      Facey

Tough luck for Aleen

Comment

• Event 3 Women 200 Meter Dash
        ================================================== ============================
        World Record: W 21.34 12/21/1988 Florence Griffith-Joyner, USA
        NATIONAL Rec: N 21.64 09/13/1991 Merlene Ottey
        Meet Qualifying: 23.25
        Name Age Team Seed Finals Wind
        Finals
        1 Campbell-Brown, Veronica 27 Unattached 21.76 22.40 -1.1
        2 Fraser, Shelly-Ann 22 Mvp Track Club 23.44 22.58 -1.1
        3 Facey, Simone 24 Unattached 22.65 22.96 -1.1
        4 McLaughlin, Anneisha 23 University OF TE 23.11 22.99 -1.1
        5 Bailey, Aleen 28 Unattached 22.96 23.05 -1.1
        6 Anderson, Nickesha 24 University OF KA 23.03 23.73 -1.1
        -- Simpson, Sherone 24 Mvp Track Club 22.11 SCR

Comment

• Impressive time... and with such a strong wind

Comment

• Bolts jogs 20.25 to win
            Cows need love too

Comment

• Event 4 Men 200 Meter Dash
              World Record: W 19.30 08/10/2008 Usain Bolt, Jamaica
              NATIONAL Rec: N 19.30 08/20/2008 Usain Bolt
              Meet Qualifying: 21.25
              Name Age Team Prelims Finals Wind
              Finals
              1 Bolt, Usain 22 Racers Track Club 20.75 20.25 -2.4
              2 Mullings, Steve 26 Unattached 20.44 20.40 -2.4
              3 Anderson, Marvin 27 Racers Track Club 21.07 20.63 -2.4

4 McKenzie, Ramone 18 Calabar High School 20.56 20.68 -2.4
              5 Blake, Yohan 19 Racers Track Club 20.72 20.85 -2.4
              6 Ashmeade, Nickel 19 St. Jago High 20.86 20.90 -2.4
              7 Waugh, Ainsley 27 Unattached 21.15 21.08 -2.4
              8 Williams, Christopher 37 Unattached 20.89 21.11 -2.4

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
                Yea, but ramgoat got it for free. That's not fair.
                hmm...I should have mentioned I am watching it from Jamaica.. I wonder if it will work if I create another account and give it to you guys?

That 200m final Was pure entertainment!

Comment

• Originally posted by t_monk
                  Kerron comments:

re: the start of the 100 m
                  **the gun was quick
                  **noise in the stands

"you win some you lose some, I am human, I am just Kerron"

re: not running the 200 m
                  **she was really injured after the 2008 last year and doesn't want to double
                  **she wants to give 100% to the 100
                  **still nursing injuries from last year due to the double

She is just upset she didn't win yesterday. Why overnight she decide not to run 200m at trials.

The bad news for her is that she is not going to win in Berlin. She keeps complaining, she is a professional. You don't listen to crowds, when your on your marks..you main objective is to listen for the GUN. That is exactly what SAF said...she just was listening for the gun!!

I watch Kerron Stewart doing the same in the BERLIN Golden League a couple weeks ago. Laverne-Jones from SVI (I think) got out to a rocket start and Kerron had to run her down (Laverne-Jones) evetually faded to six place, but this is just an example of a pattern Kerron Stewart has.

Laverne-Jones is no SAF. Kerron needs to concentrate and focus on her race when she is in the blocks and stop worrying about what's going on with everything else. Once you in the blocks and on your marks...listen for gun, that is one of the fundamentals in track and field.

Last year trials, she catch Fraser and I'm sure Fraser is working on her speed endurance in her training. She is no slow pow either, so once she got that head start, she better be there with her...because that's 10.78 speed she running down.

Comment

• Not because an athlete registers for an event means they will actually run it. Don't make assumptions. We just have to take her word for it and be satisfied.
                    Cows need love too

Comment

• Originally posted by RamGoat
                      Originally posted by The Atheist
                      Yea, but ramgoat got it for free. That's not fair.
                      hmm...I should have mentioned I am watching it from Jamaica.. I wonder if it will work if I create another account and give it to you guys?

That 200m final Was pure entertainment!
                      Ramon Mckenzie was funny with the mask...did he realize the could've gotten that third spot!! He was right their with Anderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                        Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                        Originally posted by t_monk
                        Kerron comments:

re: the start of the 100 m
                        **the gun was quick
                        **noise in the stands

"you win some you lose some, I am human, I am just Kerron"

re: not running the 200 m
                        **she was really injured after the 2008 last year and doesn't want to double
                        **she wants to give 100% to the 100
                        **still nursing injuries from last year due to the double

She is just upset she didn't win yesterday. Why overnight she decide not to run 200m at trials.

The bad news for her is that she is not going to win in Berlin. She keeps complaining, she is a professional. You don't listen to crowds, when your on your marks..you main objective is to listen for the GUN. That is exactly what SAF said...she just was listening for the gun!!

I watch Kerron Stewart doing the same in the BERLIN Golden League a couple weeks ago. Laverne-Jones from SVI (I think) got out to a rocket start and Kerron had to run her down (Laverne-Jones) evetually faded to six place, but this is just an example of a pattern Kerron Stewart has.

Laverne-Jones is no SAF. Kerron needs to concentrate and focus on her race when she is in the blocks and stop worrying about what's going on with everything else. Once you in the blocks and on your marks...listen for gun, that is one of the fundamentals in track and field.

Last year trials, she catch Fraser and I'm sure Fraser is working on her speed endurance in her training. She is no slow pow either, so once she got that head start, she better be there with her...because that's 10.78 speed she running down.[/quote

How do you know that she decided overnight she wasn't going to run the 200m?

Not because an athlete registers for an event means they will actually run it. Don't make stupid assumptions. We just have to take her word for it and be satisfiedl
                        I think she has a better chance to win now that she is not doubling and all her major competitors seem to be doubling except Jeter (who has a cramp) and Williams (who I think she will outrun anyways)

Comment

• I guess we take her word for. This is big news and the commentators would've mention it or hint etc.

She showed up. Again I guess i'll take her word for it.

SAF didn't look bad in that race. For a minute I thought she was going to get the lead from VCB. She could spring a surprise, when we least expect her to make any noise in the 200m at Berlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by t_monk
                            I think she has a better chance to win now that she is not doubling and all her major competitors seem to be doubling except Jeter (who has a cramp) and Williams (who I think she will outrun anyways)
                            Unless I am reading the schedule incorrectly, all of the 100m races for women will be over before the first round of the 200m. The IAAF web site lists the 100m Final for the afternoon session on Aug 17, with the first round of the 200m in the morning session on the 19th.

So if the 100m is all over before the 200m, does Stewart really have an advantage over anyone in the 100m? I'd better see that argument for someone doing the 200m only versus to competition doing both.

I accept what she has said about the pain and injury doubling caused in and post Beijing but I also think that Jamaica just lost one of its better chances for a medal in the 200m in Berlin.
                            Regards,
                            toyracer

Comment

• Yea, I think it is pretty stupid for Kerron to not double if the first round of the 200 isn't until after the final of the 100. Because she could literally just not even train at all for the 200, and ONLY train for the 100 (since she wants the 100 gold so badly, and also doesn't want to overtrain or risk injury or whatever) and then it literally hos no effect whatsoever on her 100m training or racing in Berlin. Cuz the 200 is just something she would be doing for shits and giggles AFTERWARDS. If she gets injured AFTERWARDS it isn't going to have any effect on the 100, that's already OVER WITH.

Sigh... it doesn't sound like she thought this through very carefully. What a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by toyracer
                                Originally posted by t_monk
                                Unless I am reading the schedule incorrectly, all of the 100m races for women will be over before the first round of the 200m. The IAAF web site lists the 100m Final for the afternoon session on Aug 17, with the first round of the 200m in the morning session on the 19th.

So if the 100m is all over before the 200m, does Stewart really have an advantage over anyone in the 100m? I'd better see that argument for someone doing the 200m only versus to competition doing both.

I accept what she has said about the pain and injury doubling caused in and post Beijing but I also think that Jamaica just lost one of its better chances for a medal in the 200m in Berlin.
                                You also have to take into consideration the training that goes into preparing to double. Yeah am sure she would have gotten a medal but I doubt she would have gotten any individual gold medals. Right now I think SAF would have gotten the better of her in the 100 and VCB and Allyson would have gotten her in the 200. Her sole focus for the season being the 100 m will work to her advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X