Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican Nationals

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kerron surely would have run the 200 if she didn't make the team for the 100. That's why she signed up at trials for both even though she wasn't planning to run both at the WC.

    Comment


    • Bolt looking absurdly so absurdly easy in the 200 that it boggles the mind:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFMhirOhxTQ

      Comment


      • My current estimates for Bolt for Berlin are now as follows:

        100m:

        If slight headwind: 9.6-high

        If 0 wind: 9.6 low to 9.5 high

        If slight tailwind: 9.5 low to 9.4 high



        200m:

        If slight headwind: 19.2x

        If 0 wind: 19.1x

        If slight tailwind: 19.0x



        Therefore, as long as he doesn't get injured, I am predicting that he breaks both world records, regardless of the wind (unless HURRICANE force headwinds or something maybe, but would need to be maaaaassive).

        I can't wait.

        Comment


        • In the IAAF report, Kerron's coach said that she has a sore ankle.

          If that's true, that would be reason enough not to run the 200m. She didn't mention it yesterday during her interview but we will just have to let it stand like that.


          Now unto Berlin
          Cows need love too

          Comment


          • Despite a -1.1 wind, those women's times were a whole lot slower than they ran at last year's trials, where VCB ran 21.94 and SAF 22.15. I thought Fraser would be faster given her amazing 100 run, and I thought VCB would be faster too. Yes I know she has a toe injury, that must be it. Looking like Felix will be harder to beat than last year, and Muna Lee too.

            Comment


            • People talking about Muna maybe beating Allyson from a different lane...

              Could the same be said about SAF and VCB?

              SAF, who was in lane two, was pretty close to VCB coming off the turn.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Atheist
                Bolt looking absurdly so absurdly easy in the 200 that it boggles the mind:

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFMhirOhxTQ
                His 200m race is next week Tuesday (July 7). This look to be his only 200m race before Berlin. I can't wait to see what he does.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                  People talking about Muna maybe beating Allyson from a different lane...

                  Could the same be said about SAF and VCB?

                  SAF, who was in lane two, was pretty close to VCB coming off the turn.
                  For a minute I thought she was going to past her and VCB took a peak over to her left.. They both, took it easy in the last meters. We all know what VCB can do, but I think SAF has something up her sleeves. In that race she look easy and comfortable. Might be just keeping low profile in the 200m, and we have to wait and see in Berlin.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by skiboo
                    Despite a -1.1 wind, those women's times were a whole lot slower than they ran at last year's trials, where VCB ran 21.94 and SAF 22.15. I thought Fraser would be faster given her amazing 100 run, and I thought VCB would be faster too. Yes I know she has a toe injury, that must be it. Looking like Felix will be harder to beat than last year, and Muna Lee too.
                    Don't think both SAF and VCB were running hard in that race, so can't take much of this. VCB will be running a combination of 100m and 200m races 4 all together. I'm looking to see what she does in those races, she's confident she will be ready for Berlin.

                    SAF ending to Europe with MVP camp this week. Waiting to see which meets in Europe she will be running.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                      For a minute I thought she was going to past her and VCB took a peak over to her left.. They both, took it easy in the last meters. We all know what VCB can do, but I think SAF has something up her sleeves. In that race she look easy and comfortable. Might be just keeping low profile in the 200m, and we have to wait and see in Berlin.
                      I agree with the easy and comfortable. What struck me while watching the race is that SAF didn't try for her usual explosive start. When that is added to the mix it will be very interesting indeed.
                      Regards,
                      toyracer

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                        Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                        People talking about Muna maybe beating Allyson from a different lane...

                        Could the same be said about SAF and VCB?

                        SAF, who was in lane two, was pretty close to VCB coming off the turn.
                        For a minute I thought she was going to past her and VCB took a peak over to her left.. They both, took it easy in the last meters. We all know what VCB can do, but I think SAF has something up her sleeves. In that race she look easy and comfortable. Might be just keeping low profile in the 200m, and we have to wait and see in Berlin.
                        i so agree i think she held back too.. aleen came off the turn ahead of her and we know who is much quicker

                        Comment


                        • Athletes from Glen Mills camp or rather unfortunate drivers or are they taking the name of the club too literal "Racers" or is there a particular sprinter not calling names or nationality sticking pins in a voodoo doll lol . First it was Remaldo Rose , Usain Bolt now Ricardo Chambers all had car accidents in the past 3 months.
                          http://www.trackalerts.com/?p=1403

                          Comment


                          • Any link to watch the W400m dash?

                            Comment


                            • More disappointing news


                              MVP just announced tonight that Fraser will not run the 200m in Berlin.

                              Thus, no Kerron, No Fraser. All of our burdens will be on VC shoulders.

                              Not happy about that.
                              Cows need love too

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                                More disappointing news


                                MVP just announced tonight that Fraser will not run the 200m in Berlin.

                                Thus, no Kerron, No Fraser. All of our burdens will be on VC shoulders.

                                Not happy about that.
                                They are saving their legs for the finals ( less rounds less pressure)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X