Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attendance was 38,451--a record. I think that the fans enjoyed seeing Gay run a 100% effort in his 100 heat, Clement finish third in the 400, Lagat trying the 800 and Wariner trying the 200.

Considering the global recession this suggests that it is probable that only the journalist and Logan disliked athletes choosing different events.
    none

Comment

I thought this guy's article was dumb. Period.

It was a lot of huff and puff; not much understanding.

Plus, I agree with some others on this thread that it can be interesting and fun to watch athletes cross over to other events (e.g., was interesting to see what Clemont could do in the flat 400; Wariner in the 200; one good heat from Gay was enough for me - given what he went through in Eugene last year).

My only dissapointment on this front was Lagat: I would have enjoyed watching Lagat mix things up in the 800. I thought he was going to go as far as he could and use a series of 800's to sharpen up his speed.

Comment

I think that gh wrote that Lagat will run a 100% attempt at a fast 800 in Lausanne on July 7.
        none

Comment

that will be interesting to see. I just would have liked to watch him work his way through the heats in Eugene. It could have made for a more interesting final. I would have thought that running 3 800's over 4 days would have benefited Lagat's training - and would have given the fans a bit of a show as a bonus.

otherwise, I have no complaints. I like the WC bye system. It allows nations that are strong in an event to take 4, which is closer to what it should be.

really, the WC should consider opening up to something like 6 as a max from one country, in order to get the absolutate best of world there.

Perhaps there could be.. ok, this is a new thread..

Comment

I agree. Lagat's sub - 13:00 ability at 5K should have tolerated three 800 races in four days. He would have a week to travel to Europe, do a few one hour runs and a serious workout before Lausanne.

A meet exists where the top six athletes compete at the end of the season--WAF, but it will end in 2010 due to a lack of interest by athletes and fans.
            none

Comment

Working...
            X