X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by einnod23
    Galen needs to watch out for Kenyans, Ethiopians and Moroccans leaving him in the dust by a minute in a half syndrome at the Worlds syndrome!
    He past that test; he had no trouble staying on the same lap and there KB in the race!

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Funny thread - good stuff, guys!
    Home-brewed ale residue on the 'stache... Hey, it's just another filter...

Leave a comment:

• Dutra
    replied
    Re: Galen needs to watch out for Zola Syndrome at the Worlds

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
    International running can be very nasty,but when you are running in a race packed together, its up to each individual to lightly use your hand to cause seperation.I hope Galen doesnt get tripped up by someone.
    He's got nothing to worry about since he's going to be splitting a 52 on these mofo's.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied
    On a realistic note (oh no, off the board, pagan), I think Rupp will run a pretty good race and finish 5th or 6th.

To get the right shade of yellow/orange on teeth, amber ale & Cheezits.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Galen, you will be warming up before the World 10,000 final and someone, who you think is your friend, will approach you. He will smile, a knowing smile, and you will respond in kind. He will get close to you, gain your confidence, and he will take you.

The other athletes will pretend they did not notice the muffled shot but the truth is they, along with "Zola the Monster", are all contributing Chefs in this stew of deception and murder.

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    Galen needs to watch out for Kenyans, Ethiopians and Moroccans leaving him in the dust by a minute in a half syndrome at the Worlds!

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    So what should Rupp do? Let's see...
    Run US-president-style, with bodyguards running on each side of him on the track? Done. Ritz is now working with Rupp following USATF. He'll run point. Goucher has the rear.
    Wear a motorcycle helmet to protect him from rivals wanting to punch him in the face? The use of such equipment should be limited to pole vault. May be in the cards for the future as it may be the only event where he is able to defeat the Africans before 2012.
    Run the entire race in lane 8? That may be an option, but he'll peak in Lausanne and never improve.
    What would you recommend? Quit while he's behind or run backward and face the opposition square on.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Speak for yourself. I prefer the black tongue from the pound of Oreos . . .

I only eat Oreos right before I go in for teeth cleaning.

I like to get my money's worth.

[Old joke.]

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    I dunno, Powell, that might actually be reminiscent of a guy not having courage.

Rupp also needs to remember to not take birth control pills, drink excessive amounts of wine, have a large amount of (receptacle) sex [receiving testosterone via semen--the flawed Dennis Mitchell claim of innocence!] and whatever else I can't remember that a certain "best female distance runner ever" claimed she did the night before the test to accidently up her "natural" testosterone to epitestosterone level.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    I dunno, Powell, that might actually be reminiscent of a guy not having courage.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    So what should Rupp do?
    Run US-president-style, with bodyguards running on each side of him on the track?
    Wear a motorcycle helmet to protect him from rivals wanting to punch him in the face?
    Run the entire race in lane 8?
    What would you recommend?

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    I dunno, Malmo. You may dismiss this whole thing as an urban myth, but this thread has started me thinking that there may be a real danger that Zola Budd might jump out of the stands and try to push Galen Rupp to the ground during races in Europe this summer!! Isn't there some way to place her in preventative detention to keep her from tripping Rupp or attempting to influence other runners to be her dupes and do the deed for her? She is an evil doer, I am pretty sure.

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied
    Re: Galen needs to watch out for Zola Syndrome at the Worlds

International running can be very nasty,but when you are running in a race packed together, its up to each individual to lightly use your hand to cause seperation.I hope Galen doesnt get tripped up by someone.
    Urban legend.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    Originally posted by guru
    :shock: oh no its a grammar attack
    Umm, no.
    I'll explain, shall I? There's another Plymouth somewhere else in the world, other than New England. In Ye Olde England in fact, which is where nevetsllim resides. It's official name is actually Crappy Plymouth, which is why the Pilgrim Fathers left as they got offended by the swearing.
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    oh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X