Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Rodgers on first. I've been saying that for a while.

And I'm not sure Anderson will get the nod over Hooker who made the 200m team yesterday.

Hooker has more international experience (and top end speed, IMO), albeit not necessarily on the relay.
    I feel you on Hooker.
    I thought about that (experience) too.
    She'll probably make it. You know, politics and all.
    Thing is, I'd rather see Lee on that backstraight. Top end is off the meter.
    What about this scenario:
    Williams
    Lee
    Jeter
    Hooker

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
      Anderson runs good curves? And I mean world class level, as in can at least keep up with VCB or be somewhere close to her.
      Has anyone ever seen VCB run a curve in a relay? WHy would she start doing it now.

And does anyone really think you could have Rogers or Patton on anchor and not be run down by powell or Bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
        Anderson runs good curves? And I mean world class level, as in can at least keep up with VCB or be somewhere close to her.
        Has anyone ever seen VCB run a curve in a relay? WHy would she start doing it now.

And does anyone really think you could have Rogers or Patton on anchor and not be run down by powell or Bolt?
        Good point but we all can agree that she is THE BEST FEMALE CURVE RUNNER BAR NONE and she would destroy ANYONE that she runs against on that leg. All she needs is to practice the passes, practice, practice, practice and she destroys ANYONE on that curve. She is already good at accepting the baton, she just has to be competent enough to pass it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3a

Powell aint running Patton or Rodgers down- BEIEVE THAT!
          The whole idea is for the U.S. to be out front the whole way (like Penn). Rodgers on the blocks would get us out. The real chore is having a big enough lead so that by the time Gay & Bolt face off on 3rd, Gay just needs to maintain his position, which he will. I like Rodgers on scratch because I think he's the best substitute strategy for Dix. If you saw Penn, you know what I mean. Never saw a lead-off like that :shock: .Padgett maintained it- and so would Patton. We know what Gay can do on 3rd. And Edwards or Crawford would bring it in with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
            Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            Rodgers on first. I've been saying that for a while.

And I'm not sure Anderson will get the nod over Hooker who made the 200m team yesterday.

Hooker has more international experience (and top end speed, IMO), albeit not necessarily on the relay.
            I feel you on Hooker.
            I thought about that (experience) too.
            She'll probably make it. You know, politics and all.
            Thing is, I'd rather see Lee on that backstraight. Top end is off the meter.
            What about this scenario:
            Williams
            Lee
            Jeter
            Hooker
            Lee is the best curve runner out of that three and I think all three of those girls are top end queens. Lee actually might not be DESTROYED by someone like VCB on the curve... I think both Hooker and Jeter would be. Hooker's strength is a straight and I am guessing Jeter's strength is the straight too. Willliams can run any leg but there is just a baton scare there that the time just doesn't need. Muna can run any leg too. Jeter and Hooker need to be put on a straight to be most effective. So first and third legs seem to be set with Lee and Williams. Its just where to put Hooker and Jeter, provided that they do use Hooker.

Comment

^^ You have a point. Especially about Lauryn. Thats why she needs to lead off. Lee sure as hell can run any leg. But I wouldnt underestimate Jeter on 3rd. I think if Lee is on 2nd, we'll have the lead and Jeter is fast enough to hold down 3rd...even against VC. Hooker's as straight no doubt. But I guess I could see:
              Williams
              Hooker
              Lee
              Jeter

Comment

Something else I considered about Jeter on 3....
                In 1988, Flo Jo was our fastest female. She had the total package. I thought they'd run her 4th. But I understood why 3rd was better. They had a similar make-up as this team (top end studs). Its because Flo had the total package that they placed her where she'd extend the lead, and she did. In this case, if VC's 3rd, we'll likely have the lead. I think Jeter would hold it with no problem.

Comment

In 1988, Flo Jo was our fastest female. She had the total package. I thought they'd run her 4th. But I understood why 3rd was better. They had a similar make-up as this team (top end studs). Its because Flo had the total package that they placed her where she'd extend the lead, and she did. In this case, if VC's 3rd, we'll likely have the lead. I think Jeter would hold it with no problem.
                  You have seen what VCB does to 'average' curve runners on curves right?

SAF (doubling) beats Williams (running only 100 and thusly fresher) out of the blocks
                  Lee (doubling) reels back in and possibly passes Brooks (running 100 and thusly fresher)
                  VCB (doubling) even things up with Jeter (running only 100)
                  Kerron (running only 100 and thusly fresher) beats Hooker (coming off running the 200)

And I say SAF beats Williams because SAF has yet to show me that she can be beat out of the blocks come crunch time

Comment

SAF (doubling) beats Williams (running only 100 and thusly fresher) out of the blocks
                    Lee (doubling) reels back in and possibly passes Brooks (running 100 and thusly fresher)
                    Kerron (running only 100 and thusly fresher) beats Hooker (coming off running the 200)

And I say SAF beats Williams because SAF has yet to show me that she can be beat out of the blocks come crunch time
                    I dont think you could say Jeter is average at anything.
                    And you make it sound as though Fraser would DESTROY Williams outa the blocks. I dont see it that way at all. I think Muna kills the backstretch and sets Jeter up for a superb curve. But if Hooker's not comfortably in front- which she wont be, I could see your scenario on anchor. So what about switching:
                    Williams
                    Jeter
                    Lee
                    Hooker???

Comment

I dont think you could say Jeter is average at anything.
                      And you make it sound as though Fraser would DESTROY Williams outa the blocks. I dont see it that way at all. I think Muna kills the backstretch and sets Jeter up for a superb curve. But if Hooker's not comfortably in front- which she wont be, I could see your scenario on anchor. So what about switching:
                      Williams
                      Jeter
                      Lee
                      Hooker???
                      Switch Jeter and Hooker for me and I see you actually possibly beating Jamaica, and this is solely because I think Jeter has the confidence to hold off a storming and hungry (especially is she doesnt get that gold in the 100) Stewart.

Comment

[quote="3a"
                        And does anyone really think you could have Rogers or Patton on anchor and not be run down by powell or Bolt?[/quote]
                        Dixon held Powell off and Bolt ran second leg at 2007 World Championships. Rogers was faster than Dixon by 0.25 seconds at USAT&F final.

Spearmon second and Gay third has a proven track record.
                        none

Comment

You know what, Monk???
                          Normally I'm pretty stern when I set a relay order...But you've managed to make me rethink a few things. Provided JA uses the order you wrote, I think you're right (dammit! :lol: ). The thing I was looking at on 2nd with Jeter was based on Fraser dominating lead off. Personally, I still dont think she'd run off and leave Lauryn, but I'd put a top gun on 2 just to make up for any disasters. With Jeter 2nd and Lee 3rd, I think it'd be too much for JA to make up on Hooker. Still up in air.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                            Jamaica

Jamaica 4 x 100m men for Berlin
                            Bolt
                            Asafa
                            Frater
                            Yohan
                            36.95 WR
                            In that order?

I'd prefer Blake to Frater to Bolt to Asafa.
                            Regards,
                            toyracer

Comment

You know what, Monk???
                              Normally I'm pretty stern when I set a relay order...But you've managed to make me rethink a few things. Provided JA uses the order you wrote, I think you're right (dammit! :lol: ). The thing I was looking at on 2nd with Jeter was based on Fraser dominating lead off. Personally, I still dont think she'd run off and leave Lauryn, but I'd put a top gun on 2 just to make up for any disasters. With Jeter 2nd and Lee 3rd, I think it'd be too much for JA to make up on Hooker. Still up in air.
                              The US needs to load up whatever leg VCB, SAF or a RESTED Kerron is on to win I think. Accumulate enough of a lead there and we might actually be in trouble.....

I still say we are winning though... :lol: :lol: :lol:
                              Hard for me to see SAF >> _____ >> VCB >> Kerron lose... as long as we have a competent runner on second and smooth changes.. WE ARE GOLDEN!

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                                Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                                Jamaica

Jamaica 4 x 100m men for Berlin
                                Bolt
                                Asafa
                                Frater
                                Yohan
                                36.95 WR
                                In that order?

I'd prefer Blake to Frater to Bolt to Asafa.
                                Mullings run a far better curve out of the blocks than Blake.

Mullings >> Frater >> Bolt >> Asafa

Comment

Working...
                                X