Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gleason
    Dixon held Powell off and Bolt ran second leg at 2007 World Championships. Rogers was faster than Dixon by 0.25 seconds at USAT&F final.

Spearmon second and Gay third has a proven track record.
    Eh Dixon, BARELY held Powell off, having had what 5 tenths on him? and Bolt wasn't even sub 10 at that point, never mind the botched handover. why compare to 2007 and pretend 2008's 37.2 (with room for improvement) didn;t happen.

But they've never come up against Bolt on third and Powell on 4th. If Gay isn't on anchor, they'll have to hope JAM drop the baton.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
      Originally posted by 3a
      Originally posted by t_monk
      Anderson runs good curves? And I mean world class level, as in can at least keep up with VCB or be somewhere close to her.
      Has anyone ever seen VCB run a curve in a relay? WHy would she start doing it now.

And does anyone really think you could have Rogers or Patton on anchor and not be run down by powell or Bolt?
      Powell aint running Patton or Rodgers down- BEIEVE THAT!
      The whole idea is for the U.S. to be out front the whole way (like Penn). Rodgers on the blocks would get us out. The real chore is having a big enough lead so that by the time Gay & Bolt face off on 3rd, Gay just needs to maintain his position, which he will. I like Rodgers on scratch because I think he's the best substitute strategy for Dix. If you saw Penn, you know what I mean. Never saw a lead-off like that :shock: .Padgett maintained it- and so would Patton. We know what Gay can do on 3rd. And Edwards or Crawford would bring it in with no problem.
      SOrry, but remind me ....by how many tenths did Jamaica DESTROY the world record last year. Bottom line is, Jamaica have the best relay team in the history of the sport. USA not only lacks the footspeed, but they are known for exchange disasters. The only way they are winning is if the Jamaican boys drop, or screw a change over. Ergo, the order of the US team is elementary. However, for an optimum time...and I believe they may be capable of running a 37.7 / 37.8 ....it's not just good enough to go with tried and tested... Remember, the Jamaican team made their debut (in terms of order and make up) in Beijing and STILL did what they did.

Comment

You might wanna check the record books son...you'll see who has the most WR in history, keep thinking the U.S. doesn't have the foot speed. By the way it's how fast the stick get's around.
        on the road

Comment

Some thoughts on the US women:

Williams - I see her being nowhere but first

Hooker - if run, she'll be on 2nd or anchor no doubt

Lee - I think she'd destroy a bend and is probably as good as if not better than Lauryn on first BUT I don't think we have anyone else that can do what she is capable of doing on 3rd leg. That being said, Muna is capable of running any leg on the relay.

Jeter - terrible passer which makes me feel she's going to anchoring this thing when its all said and done

Felix - I'd love to be able to say "she has no business being on the relay" but we all know how that goes.

Anderson - I don't see her value on the team to be honest...she'd only be considered for a straight and I can't see the coaches running her over Hooker.

Knight - made the final in the 100 and runs a decent enough curve to possibly used during the heat, particularly given that it would be her only event

From my understanding the final 6 are to be selected in early August..3 are already set (Jeter, Lee, Williams) and the other 3 can come from anywhere else on the team. I think in a way things aren't as complicated as last year by people like Torri, Angela Williams, Mechelle Lewis, etc taking themselves out of the running by not performing well at the Champs.

They are also having a true relay camp this year in Berlin (well atleast that's what they're saying) that the 6 possible relayists will be required to attend beginning August 6th. There won't be anymore 8 (or 9) women being on the possible relay in the days leading up to the meet. The final 6 (effectively, barring injury, final 3) will be known in early August.

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
            Originally posted by 3a
            Anderson runs good curves? And I mean world class level, as in can at least keep up with VCB or be somewhere close to her.
            Has anyone ever seen VCB run a curve in a relay? WHy would she start doing it now.

And does anyone really think you could have Rogers or Patton on anchor and not be run down by powell or Bolt?
            Powell aint running Patton or Rodgers down- BEIEVE THAT!
            The whole idea is for the U.S. to be out front the whole way (like Penn). Rodgers on the blocks would get us out. The real chore is having a big enough lead so that by the time Gay & Bolt face off on 3rd, Gay just needs to maintain his position, which he will. I like Rodgers on scratch because I think he's the best substitute strategy for Dix. If you saw Penn, you know what I mean. Never saw a lead-off like that :shock: .Padgett maintained it- and so would Patton. We know what Gay can do on 3rd. And Edwards or Crawford would bring it in with no problem.
            SOrry, but remind me ....by how many tenths did Jamaica DESTROY the world record last year. Bottom line is, Jamaica have the best relay team in the history of the sport. USA not only lacks the footspeed, but they are known for exchange disasters. The only way they are winning is if the Jamaican boys drop, or screw a change over. Ergo, the order of the US team is elementary. However, for an optimum time...and I believe they may be capable of running a 37.7 / 37.8 ....it's not just good enough to go with tried and tested... Remember, the Jamaican team made their debut (in terms of order and make up) in Beijing and STILL did what they did.
            Oh boy! :roll:
            First off, the ONLY reason JA ran 37.1 is becuz they had two 9.7's. Frater and Carter werent superior to anybody we had. Second, what makes you so sure the U.S. will drop the baton again??? Youre assuming it already happened again. Third, WE DONT HAVE THE FOOT SPEED????? :shock:
            :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
            Rodgers? Patton?? GAY FOR CHRISTS SAKE??????
            What team do you think they'll field?
            Powell hadnt done anything yet this season that would indicate he's where he was last year. To even think we wont compete with JA is ludicrous.
            Ridiculous.

Comment

Texas_Speed... Do you seriously believe Anderson is of NO VALUE???
              She beat Hooker for Gods sake.
              And she's steadily improving. I think she deserves to be in the pool, although they'll probably lean toward Hooker's experience and her 200 achievement. But saying Anderson couldnt contribute is a terrible slight. She beat EVERYBODY we had except Lee, Williams, & Jeter. Not saying she's a lock at all. But the fact she beat Felix and Hooker in the final shouldnt be disgarded.
              JMO

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                Jamaica

Jamaica 4 x 100m men for Berlin
                Bolt
                Asafa
                Frater
                Yohan
                36.95 WR
                In that order?

I'd prefer Blake to Frater to Bolt to Asafa.
                Mullings run a far better curve out of the blocks than Blake.

Mullings >> Frater >> Bolt >> Asafa

Blake-Frater-Bolt-Asafa, but come to think of it, Frater is best at starter, than Blake. Frater is more sound in this kind of atmosphere, so order should be. Frater-Blake-Bolt-Asafa

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                  You might wanna check the record books son...you'll see who has the most WR in history, keep thinking the U.S. doesn't have the foot speed. By the way it's how fast the stick get's around.
                  For crying out loud....I don't need to check anything. 37.2 is what Jamaica did in Beijing. No one else has come close. Good luck to USA trying though. If they even get within 2 tenths of the US record I'll be surprised. Relays are crap shoots anyway, year after year I spend time choosing my dream teams only for them all to crash out and leave the likes of Russia and Belgium to take the medals. So, whatever....

Bottom line, whoever wins, if they don't run 37. 2....then I don't really care. USA aren't even going to break their own national record. They don't have the talent at the minute.

Comment

First off, the ONLY reason JA ran 37.1 is becuz they had two 9.7's. Frater and Carter werent superior to anybody we had. Second, what makes you so sure the U.S. will drop the baton again??? Youre assuming it already happened again. Third, WE DONT HAVE THE FOOT SPEED????? :shock:
                    Powell hadnt done anything yet this season that would indicate he's where he was last year. To even think we wont compete with JA is ludicrous.
                    Ridiculous.

No!! JA have a 9.60's guy (possible 9.50's) and a 9.70's guy. Last time I check, they haven't gone anywhere.

Powell looked easy on Saturday and maybe in sub 9.90's shape if he really push it in the final of JA trials, and he not's even fully recover from his ankle injury(say's he's basically running on one leg). Powell, will show up running RELAYS in Berlin that I am certain of.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1

Ridiculous.
                      definitley

No!! JA have a 9.60's guy (possible 9.50's) and a 9.70's guy. Last time I check, they haven't gone anywhere.

Powell looked easy on Saturday and maybe in sub 9.90's shape if he really push it in the final of JA trials, and he not's even fully recover from his ankle injury(say's he's basically running on one leg). Powell, will show up running RELAYS in Berlin that I am certain of.

Comment

You have seen what VCB does to 'average' curve runners on curves right?

SAF (doubling) beats Williams (running only 100 and thusly fresher) out of the blocks
                        Lee (doubling) reels back in and possibly passes Brooks (running 100 and thusly fresher)VCB (doubling) even things up with Jeter (running only 100)
                        Kerron (running only 100 and thusly fresher) beats Hooker (coming off running the 200)

And I say SAF beats Williams because SAF has yet to show me that she can be beat out of the blocks come crunch time

She is not catching Sherri-Ann Brooks, because Brooks is not chop liver in the relays. The relay legs I saw her in she was assume, and I don't think anyone on US team can catch her if she has a lead to start with.

Order will be: SAF - Brooks - KS- VCB

Note that SAF had passed to Brooks before (Beijing), and Kerron practice passing to VCB. I say keep less complicated is best. The only new exchange will be Sherri-Ann Brooks passing to KS.

Comment

Ridiculous.

I said 2 9.7's becuz thats what they average together. Dont get caught in semantics. I didnt see Powell Saturday. All I can go by is what I've seen thus far...and I still say, if he's not where he was a year ago in August, JA wont do it. And youre still underestimating the US talent. We still beat the JA's at Penn and we didnt have Gay or Rodgers. 3/4 of JA's team was there. You cannot discount that just becuz it was April. We're not where we were then either.
                          We havent gone anywhere either.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                            Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                            Jamaica

Jamaica 4 x 100m men for Berlin
                            Bolt
                            Asafa
                            Frater
                            Yohan
                            36.95 WR
                            In that order?

I'd prefer Blake to Michael to Bolt to Asafa.
                            Mullings run a far better curve out of the blocks than Blake.

Mullings >> Frater >> Bolt >> Asafa
                            I had almost put Mullings in instead of Blake but in my rush I also forgot Marvin Anderson. The three of them have shown identical 100m speed this season, with Anderson proving he can deliver when it counts by making the 100m (alternate) and 200m teams.

It might just be Anderson - Michael - Bolt - Asafa.
                            Regards,
                            toyracer

Comment

Ridiculous.

I said 2 9.7's becuz thats what they average together. Dont get caught in semantics. I didnt see Powell Saturday. All I can go by is what I've seen thus far...and I still say, if he's not where he was a year ago in August, JA wont do it. And youre still underestimating the US talent. We still beat the JA's at Penn and we didnt have Gay or Rodgers. 3/4 of JA's team was there. You cannot discount that just becuz it was April. We're not where we were then either.
                              We havent gone anywhere either.
                              Okay...
                              I just saw what Powell ran Saturday.
                              9.97????
                              ...and you say he eased up, eh?
                              Question for you-
                              WHEN THE HELL DOES POWELL NOT EASE UP????
                              hahahahahahahahaha
                              :lol: :lol: Gotta be kidding me.
                              Nobody's scared of Powell, dude.

Comment

Texas_Speed... Do you seriously believe Anderson is of NO VALUE???
                                She beat Hooker for Gods sake.
                                And she's steadily improving. I think she deserves to be in the pool, although they'll probably lean toward Hooker's experience and her 200 achievement. But saying Anderson couldnt contribute is a terrible slight. She beat EVERYBODY we had except Lee, Williams, & Jeter. Not saying she's a lock at all. But the fact she beat Felix and Hooker in the final shouldnt be disgarded.
                                JMO
                                I'm speaking in terms of REALITY not in your fantasy world.

She beat Hooker in the open 100 from the blocks...not from a rolling start.

Show of hands who would take Anderson on 2nd or anchor over Hooker...don't worry...I'll wait.

The pool and final 6 are two different things entirely. And please remove the word DESERVE from your vocab...the only ones who DESERVE anything were the top 3. Hooker beat EVERY American last year (before and after Trials and the games) except for Torri, Muna and Lauryn in the finals of the 100 at OTs and yet in the prelims of the 4x1 in Beijing there was Angela Williams and Mechelle Lewis on the track (both who finished well behind Hooker in the finals of OTs). And please believe the politics had Allyson, not Marshevet, on 2nd leg in the Beijing final had they not dropped the stick in the heat and how many times did Allyson beat Marshevet in the 100 last year? Don't worry...I'll wait again.

Now to clarify, when I said Anderson has no value I meant in terms of comparison to the other women that would be the candidates on a straight. No way in the hell will the coaches run Alex over Jeter, Hooker, Felix on a straight and that's what it boils down to...reality, not what we THINK should happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X