Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my post fucked up, i was agreeing wit sportsfanx i think

Comment

If you want to call that a win against JA in Penn Relays, more power to you.

What is the average four the 4 US guys that you say is your best team right now?

I guess if you didn't see a sub 9.90 shape Powel in that race on Saturday, maybe you need to go watch it. Powel 9.97 is more impressive than the US 100m finals results. Go figure!! Powel will be ready for Relays in Berlin.

Then again, it's your own perception of things, so who i'm I to say.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
        Originally posted by scratchman
        Texas_Speed... Do you seriously believe Anderson is of NO VALUE???
        She beat Hooker for Gods sake.
        And she's steadily improving. I think she deserves to be in the pool, although they'll probably lean toward Hooker's experience and her 200 achievement. But saying Anderson couldnt contribute is a terrible slight. She beat EVERYBODY we had except Lee, Williams, & Jeter. Not saying she's a lock at all. But the fact she beat Felix and Hooker in the final shouldnt be disgarded.
        JMO
        I'm speaking in terms of REALITY not in your fantasy world.

She beat Hooker in the open 100 from the blocks...not from a rolling start.

Show of hands who would take Anderson on 2nd or anchor over Hooker...don't worry...I'll wait.

The difference between the pool and final 6 are two different things entirely. And please remove the word DESERVE from your vocab...the only ones who DESERVE anything were the top 3. Hooker beat EVERY American last year except for the finals and in the prelims of the 4x1 in Beijing there was Angela Williams and Mechelle Lewis on the track who finished well behind Hooker in the final. And please believe the politics had Allyson, not Marshevet, on 2nd leg in Beijing had they not dropped the stick and how many times did Allyson beat Marshevet in the 100 last year? Don't worry...I'll wait again.

Now to clarify, when I said Anderson has no value I meant in terms of comparison to the other women that would be the candidates on a straight. No way in the hell will the coaches run Alex over Jeter, Hooker, Felix on a straight and that's what it boils down to...reality, not what we THINK should happen.
        Ummm...don't BEATING HER from a dead start means more than a who looks faster on a rolling start??????? You can't use the whole rolling start thing in your argument for one reason alone.

If I got a 10.9 girl running lead off vs. a 11.2 girl, which outgoing runner is going to be in better position or look better to the naked eye???

Other thing, when you have to decide whos running on the relay when you got two ladies close in time, what do much coaches do in this matter??? have a run off....FROM THE BLOCKS!!!!

But I do agree with you about the whole politics and other stuff from last season...to me that was crazy. At the same time, most of those athletes was the cause for alot of the nonsense that took place.

Other than that, Anderson will be there, probably run in the prelims, then as years go by and she gets better, she'll be on final teams.

And to keep it funky, Jeter didn't even run on the relay in 2007 and she was third in the 100m so who knows. So in closing you both got good points.

Ok I'm done

Comment

I think Anderson, Frater, Bolt, Powell is better than last year's Jamaican team...I'm a hugh Nesta Carter fan but I think this team will be fire. I also believe if the U.S. gets the stick ahead of Bolt going into third....ITS OVER!!! Lets keep it real, Bolt will not catch Tyson, just like Tyson won't catch Bolt from behind. The first two legs for both teams will be crucial.

My sleeper team...Trinidad and Tobago!!!

They finally can run the team we all have been dying to see. Darrel Brown, Marc Bunrs, Aaron Armstrong, and Richard Thompson...OOOOH WEEE!!!!

Comment

I know exactly what you're sayin JB.

My point was basically that the ONLY thing the US staff HAS been consistent about is basically ignoring the "from the blocks" results and putting who they want on the relay.

I personally feel like the reason Alex beat Marshevet is because Marshevet did too much tooling around with her race and didn't have enough time to ever get comfortable with it. Alex had a great collegiate season and plenty of races and put it down...plain and simple. That being said, I don't think she's faster than Marshevet...I don't think you even think that and I know you LLLLOOOVVVVEEEE you some Alex.

I honestly do not see Alex being on the relay in the prelim..not because she isn't capable but because I just don't see them running her over the other possibles being that the only leg she'd be considered for would be a straight.

Comment

relays

Everybody is sleeping on Crawford. Runs a hell of a curve. Crawford leadoff, Patton 2nd, Tyson 3rd, Rodgers anchor.

Comment

US Womens' 4x4

Speaking of Anderson, I see her appearing prominently in the women's 4x4 along with Beard. I know that there are several who feel that the latter will either have overfatigued sprinting characteristics or suffer big stage fright. Hopefully a sufficient training phase will be afforded for both to recover a good deal of their high qualities in Berlin.

Dunn has been on several US soil long relays, so I'll look positive on this since she earned the spot. Of course as I mentioned previously, perhaps efforts similar to Olga I & II of '88 from Felix/Richards might be required to win it!

I'll also be interested to see what Kersee is able to provide in the way of a Hastings' rejuvenation. We could end up seeing something very exciting from her on the 23rd of August.

It won't be long - will it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                  Originally posted by t_monk

You have seen what VCB does to 'average' curve runners on curves right?

SAF (doubling) beats Williams (running only 100 and thusly fresher) out of the blocks
                  Lee (doubling) reels back in and possibly passes Brooks (running 100 and thusly fresher)VCB (doubling) even things up with Jeter (running only 100)
                  Kerron (running only 100 and thusly fresher) beats Hooker (coming off running the 200)

And I say SAF beats Williams because SAF has yet to show me that she can be beat out of the blocks come crunch time

She is not catching Sherri-Ann Brooks, because Brooks is not chop liver in the relays. The relay legs I saw her in she was assume, and I don't think anyone on US team can catch her if she has a lead to start with.

Order will be: SAF - Brooks - KS- VCB

Note that SAF had passed to Brooks before (Beijing), and Kerron practice passing to VCB. I say keep less complicated is best. The only new exchange will be Sherri-Ann Brooks passing to KS.
                  Your delusional if you think Muna can't reel back Brooks, I am not saying Brooks is a walkover, I am just saying that Muna is THAT good. As for the passing thing you are talking about.. TRUST that Kerron will not be in the best curve running form with her FOCUSING on the 100. If Kerron were to run against Muna on a curve she will probably be beaten!

VCB on the curve is the best choice and is the best choice because that is utilizing her GREATEST advantage. I can understand why she was not running curve more but I know why seeing that we really didn't have much other choice before. VCB is our ultimate trump card on curve against ANYONE. Thats what I think...

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    You might wanna check the record books son...you'll see who has the most WR in history, keep thinking the U.S. doesn't have the foot speed. By the way it's how fast the stick get's around.
                    For crying out loud....I don't need to check anything. 37.2 is what Jamaica did in Beijing. No one else has come close. Good luck to USA trying though. If they even get within 2 tenths of the US record I'll be surprised. Relays are crap shoots anyway, year after year I spend time choosing my dream teams only for them all to crash out and leave the likes of Russia and Belgium to take the medals. So, whatever....

Bottom line, whoever wins, if they don't run 37. 2....then I don't really care. USA aren't even going to break their own national record. They don't have the talent at the minute.

Look at you losing confidence in yourself that fast...LOL ...Check the bold, relays mean any team who has one. Every team has to get the stick around and again it's about the stick getting around the fastest. You're the one brought up the world record fastest team ever, again homie check the history, the U.S. is more than capable of breaking world records, we have a patent on it, simply look at the history.
                    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by "3a"
                      Spearmon second and Gay third has a proven track record.[/quote
                      Eh Dixon, BARELY held Powell off, having had what 5 tenths on him? and Bolt wasn't even sub 10 at that point, never mind the botched handover. why compare to 2007 and pretend 2008's 37.2 (with room for improvement) didn;t happen.
                      But they've never come up against Bolt on third and Powell on 4th. If Gay isn't on anchor, they'll have to hope JAM drop the baton.
                      FACT #1 Powell ran 9.96 INTO a wind to earn his highest placing at WCh/OG, so he was at his best because he only lost by 0.11 seconds to Gay.
                      FACT #2 Gay has said that he prefers to run third leg because he receives the baton in his RIGHT hand, but would receive the baton in his LEFT hand as an anchor runner.
                      FACT#3 2005, 2006 and 2007 wins by teams with Spearmon runing second and Gay running third are not theories. The only difference between 2007 winning team and 2009 team would be Rogers on the anchor--0.25 seconds faster than Dixon on Friday.
                      none

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                        Texas_Speed... Do you seriously believe Anderson is of NO VALUE???
                        She beat Hooker for Gods sake.
                        And she's steadily improving. I think she deserves to be in the pool, although they'll probably lean toward Hooker's experience and her 200 achievement. But saying Anderson couldnt contribute is a terrible slight. She beat EVERYBODY we had except Lee, Williams, & Jeter. Not saying she's a lock at all. But the fact she beat Felix and Hooker in the final shouldnt be disgarded.
                        JMO
                        I'm speaking in terms of REALITY not in your fantasy world.

She beat Hooker in the open 100 from the blocks...not from a rolling start.

Show of hands who would take Anderson on 2nd or anchor over Hooker...don't worry...I'll wait.
                        The pool and final 6 are two different things entirely. And please remove the word DESERVE from your vocab...the only ones who DESERVE anything were the top 3. Hooker beat EVERY American last year (before and after Trials and the games) except for Torri, Muna and Lauryn in the finals of the 100 at OTs and yet in the prelims of the 4x1 in Beijing there was Angela Williams and Mechelle Lewis on the track (both who finished well behind Hooker in the finals of OTs). And please believe the politics had Allyson, not Marshevet, on 2nd leg in the Beijing final had they not dropped the stick in the heat and how many times did Allyson beat Marshevet in the 100 last year? Don't worry...I'll wait again.
                        Now to clarify, when I said Anderson has no value I meant in terms of comparison to the other women that would be the candidates on a straight. No way in the hell will the coaches run Alex over Jeter, Hooker, Felix on a straight and that's what it boils down to...reality, not what we THINK should happen.
                        Bold #1- Ahahaha... The reality IS that she beat Hooker. And she's not the only one.
                        Bold #2- Why not???...She beat her, didnt she? You saw it. Ahahaha
                        Bold #3- I said THE POOL, didnt I? :roll:
                        Bold #4- And SHE got beat this year. :wink:
                        Bold #5- Oh you aint gotta wait pilgrim. Everbody knows that.
                        Bold #6- I like that. Thats your best statement.
                        ...Thank you for playing.

Comment

Re: relays

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar
                          Everybody is sleeping on Crawford. Runs a hell of a curve. Crawford leadoff, Patton 2nd, Tyson 3rd, Rodgers anchor.
                          Absolutely!
                          I might switch Rodgers and Patton, since Doc's been working on 4th some during the regular season and has big stage experience.
                          Still a great order!

Comment

Absolutely!
                            I might switch Rodgers and Patton, since Doc's been working on 4th some during the regular season and has big stage experience.
                            Still a great order!
                            IF it ain't broke, don't fix it. Gay was exhausted from winning 100/200 at WCh and USAT&F, so he skipped the WCh heat. Rogers is 0.25 seconds faster than Dixon. Crawford to Gay was the botched handoff in 2008. Spearmon & Gay have handoff & receive, Patton would hand off, Rogers would receive.
                            Spearmon's relay skill isn't obvious by looking at his 100 time or his curve skill--he runs the straight. Switching is the problem. Use the 2007 team with Rogers replacing Dixon. Edwards/Padgett/Crawford/Dixon would be good competition at London, Stockholm & Monaco in late July.
                            none

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                              If you want to call that a win against JA in Penn Relays, more power to you.

What is the average four the 4 US guys that you say is your best team right now?

I guess if you didn't see a sub 9.90 shape Powel in that race on Saturday, maybe you need to go watch it. Powel 9.97 is more impressive than the US 100m finals results. Go figure!! Powel will be ready for Relays in Berlin.

Then again, it's your own perception of things, so who i'm I to say.
                              Not only was that a win, it was the first indicator of the U.S.'s potential to beat JA this summer. Had it been the other way around, you guys woulda said the same thing about JA for Worlds, particularly becuza Beijing. Dude, you act as though we dont have a sub 9.8 guy, let alone 4 others who are between 9.89- 9.98 legal. :roll: I dont have to see the race to know what Powell did. He was getting beat by Bolt, so he slowed up at the end- again. :roll: You got anything new to say? And as for this our trrials vs. JA's...You dont know he would've beaten Rodger's if he'd been in our race...OOOPS!(snapn my fingers) Thats right. Rodgers ALERADY beat him in NY this year :lol: :lol: :lol: .
                              ...Guess that answers that. HHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                                Absolutely!
                                Still a great order!
                                IF it ain't broke, don't fix it. Gay was exhausted from winning 100/200 at WCh and USAT&F, so he skipped the WCh heat. Rogers is 0.25 seconds faster than Dixon. Crawford to Gay was the botched handoff in 2008. Spearmon & Gay have handoff & receive, Patton would hand off, Rogers would receive.
                                Spearmon's relay skill isn't obvious by looking at his 100 time or his curve skill--he runs the straight. Switching is the problem. Use the 2007 team with Rogers replacing Dixon. Edwards/Padgett/Crawford/Dixon would be good competition at London, Stockholm & Monaco in late July.
                                This doesnt have anything to do with Dixon/Rodgers, although I know what you mean. We're not even considering Crawford to Gay. Gay's on 3rd. He's saying put him on lead off, and I agree. And yeah, if Spearmon ran, it'd be 2nd. Everybody already knows Spearmons a great 2nd, and that would be their whole reason for considering him- his handing to Gay. Patton is much more well rounded now than he was in 07, and has had some anchoring experience
                                since then. Thats all I meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X