Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    You mean right behind 3 Ethiops who run 51s?
    Who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
      Originally posted by gh
      You mean right behind 3 Ethiops who run 51s?
      Don't forget the 3 Kenyans who run 51.25, the two Ugandans who run 51.5, the Moroccan who runs 51.75 and the Eritrean who runs 51.9. Oh, and the imports from Bahrain and Qatar.
      and them too?

Comment

They don't exist, Malmo, but as you know, williamwindham's comment about Rupp closing a 27 minute 10000 in 52 is even more ridiculous.
        Cyril, Rupp does not have just as good of a chance as anybody in mixing it up in the front, and I guess you must have intended to say 2 summers ago that Teg was a factor. Last summer he was not.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 cents
          They don't exist, Malmo, but as you know, williamwindham's comment about Rupp closing a 27 minute 10000 in 52 is even more ridiculous.
          Duh, Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor! The number of runners who've run 53s in a low 27 10k you can count on one hand. The number who've run 52s you can count on one finger. The number of 51s? .. that shit you're smoking is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
            Duh, Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor! The number of runners who've run 53s in a low 27 10k you can count on one hand. The number who've run 52s you can count on one finger. The number of 51s? .. that shit you're smoking is illegal.
            You missed the point malmo. Albeit I was exaggerating, and riffing off our Great Leader's post, but the actual closing time isn't the issue. The point was to (jokingly, I admit) take note of the amount of people who can run a fast (53-56) last lap off sub-27/low-27 pace that Rupp has to learn to get past.

I just used arbitrary numbers of people from the usual countries. In no way was it a statement of fact! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
              I just used arbitrary numbers of people from the usual countries. In no way was it a statement of fact! :lol:
              Your arbitrary numbers caught me off guard. It looked like you were naming specific runners and using specific times down to the 100th of a second. I'll get my glasses checked.

Comment

When Rupp beats Lagat and Teg at 5,000 then he wears crown. If you said he's the U.S. king at 10k, yes.
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                  skiboo I changed my mind, you get the trunks with the hearts on them :lol:
                  And you get restraints. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                    To tell you the truth, I think Rupp is capable of medaling now.It always comes down to a kick and I think Galen can run a 52 400 off a 27 minute pace.
                    Pass the J.

Comment

So, it's official then: 26.47,20 from a 52 final circuit.

Comment

Cyril, Rupp does not have just as good of a chance as anybody in mixing it up in the front, and I guess you must have intended to say 2 summers ago that Teg was a factor. Last summer he was not.
                        Yes, I stand corrected, two summers ago Teg was running near the front.

As for Rupp, we will just have to wait and see what this summer holds. He is a very promising talent, but until he runs the real fast times, we are just speculating one way or the other.

Obviously there is no arguement that his collegiate career has been nothing short of spectacular.

Comment

Galen is among the smoothest runners I've ever seen.

One thing I've noticed this year that I didn't notice before (not saying he wasn't doing it, just that I didn't notice if he was) is that when he accelerates, there is virtually no visible sign of acceleration (change in stride, etc.) aside from the fact that he's flying away from everybody. His gear changes are just seamless. Really fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zat0pek
                            Galen is among the smoothest runners I've ever seen.

One thing I've noticed this year that I didn't notice before (not saying he wasn't doing it, just that I didn't notice if he was) is that when he accelerates, there is virtually no visible sign of acceleration (change in stride, etc.) aside from the fact that he's flying away from everybody. His gear changes are just seamless. Really fun to watch.
                            Yep, poetry in action.
                            phsstt!

Comment

world lists have about 25 with faster 10k times....

so he's equivalent to being the fastest WHITE sprinter

Comment

William...your enthusiasm for Galen Rupp would be more palatable if it was realistic. He's a fine, young USA runner who is improving and looking good, but he's not ready to be a serious contender with the best Africans....yet. Give him a couple more years and he may. I'd love to see it as much as anybody.

Comment

Working...
                                X