Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier "X-MAN"Carter ????

:shock: :shock: :shock: Dudes, How the hell this "superhero" sprinter couldn't qualify himself for a world champ ? we over estimate him or what ?
    i mean , i know that he was struggling with the injuries since 2006 , but s*** Our "hero" got a lot of money from Nike and still can't be capable to prove that he diserves it...... I don't know , maybe the X-man has a parent originaire from the Carribean ? so he could swicht for that country or run for Qatar LIKE S.Francis ecc.... so we could finally see him on a champ or oly !!!
    DO YOUR BEST!!!

Why don't we call him the EX-man.?

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
      Why don't we call him the EX-man.?
      :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or ?-man :lol: :lol: :lol:
      DO YOUR BEST!!!

Comment

I still have some love for the X, but it sure seems like he labors when he runs. Would losing a quick 10 lbs help? Dwight Phillips said he lost 20 for this year and look what it's done for him.

Comment

He got a lot of money alright...and is gonna get his contract cut to the bone after not making ANY teams since he's been pro.

Comment

Too much fame and money too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
              He got a lot of money alright...and is gonna get his contract cut to the bone after not making ANY teams since he's been pro.
              I agree and I wonder why he has not entered every possible race in Europe in July. He seems to thrive on racing, but entries for Oslo omitted his name. As Elvis sang: "its now or never!" He needs to break 20 and 45 in 2009. He ran 19.92 in 2007 after injury and ran 44.70 in 2008 before injury, so it is possible--not probable.
              none

Comment

I suggest a new coach, someone to get him motivated.. Looked out of shape after the 200s in eugene.
                On your Mark, Set,go!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Setgo
                  I suggest a new coach, someone to get him motivated.. Looked out of shape after the 200s in eugene.
                  I agree. Based on his work with Crawford, I suggest Kersee.
                  none

Comment

I don't suggest a new coach, I believe that Xman does not have the base that he's had when/while eh was at LSU. Remember he was seriously FIT by playing football, then going into indoor and outdoor track. Now, he's had to yrs where he's had 2 consecutive seasons of injuries and not even running a lot of 400's. His base strength is certainly not there. I would not be surprised to see him do very well by season end, but it will and is obviously too late by then. He would obviously be on course for a big yr next yr, but it does nothing for him in terms of big time money cuz he's been injured hurt for the majority of all the money making seasons.

He can stick with his coach, and his coach right now was good at having him run 400's, but he needs quite a few more of those efforts. Seriously, his efforts have been up and down and from what I gather is not fully healthy from a comment that someone said in another thread. Either way, he isn't fit enough yet, not off of the last 2 yrs.

Comment

I agree with knite. The only way I would agree with a coaching change is if he goes back to Shaver. However I do think they need to have X running more races than they had him running leading up to the Champs. X does better off running more races, not less. Doubling at meets wouldnt hurt him either, but when the Champs are his first time running multiple races this season at a high level, i don't think his body was in the BEST shape to handle that.

The body reacts well to memorization.

Comment

Might not be so much the workouts, as in not enough 400s as far as the coach goes. Might be more about the discipline to be in shape and someone to light a fire under his ass.
                        On your Mark, Set,go!

Comment

Exactly, and remember his body lost a lot of that over the span of 2 injury riddled seasons. Its not easy to come back from injuries and his camp should know that. he was SUPER fit when he was at LSU, runing 45x in a 400 heat and then coming back running a 100m heat, all fast times. He was finely tuned, right now, not so much!

Comment

Well this has been his most focused training season since 2006. Coming off that a major surgery often gets lost and clouded by results.

Let us not forget he is only 23.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                              I don't suggest a new coach, I believe that Xman does not have the base that he's had when/while eh was at LSU. Remember he was seriously FIT by playing football, then going into indoor and outdoor track. Now, he's had to yrs where he's had 2 consecutive seasons of injuries and not even running a lot of 400's. His base strength is certainly not there. I would not be surprised to see him do very well by season end, but it will and is obviously too late by then. He would obviously be on course for a big yr next yr, but it does nothing for him in terms of big time money cuz he's been injured hurt for the majority of all the money making seasons.

He can stick with his coach, and his coach right now was good at having him run 400's, but he needs quite a few more of those efforts. Seriously, his efforts have been up and down and from what I gather is not fully healthy from a comment that someone said in another thread. Either way, he isn't fit enough yet, not off of the last 2 yrs.
                              I agree IF he follows that prescription. He needs to run a lot of races. In 2006 he broke 45 for the first time in his 50th race. His PRs for 100(bettered only once in 2008) and 400 were in his 57th and 58th races. Finally his 19.63 was in his 61st race. He needs to run at least 2 races/week in Europe and forget about appearance $. High placings at WAF 400 & 200 are a minimum and running a lot of "B" 100 races wouldn't hurt.
                              none

Comment

Working...
                              X