Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the athlete who impressed me most in Eugene....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the athlete who impressed me most in Eugene....

(well aside from the usual suspects)....

Chalonda Goodman. What a horse! She is going to put up some super-stunning times down the road.

Muna, i like the fact she's a twig who can really scoot. Impressive late speed.
    phsstt!

Comment

Evan Jager, at age 20, showing he can run with his more experienced training mates, Tegenkamp, and Solinsky. Fernandez did what I expected, which is also impressive.

Comment

Yoder-Begley

Comment

Dawn Harper....last year kinda fortunate. This year a full on BEAST. Just by passing 12.4 althogether. :lol:

ETA: Is it okay that we are using terms like Horse and Beast in a complimentary fashion? :?:

Comment

Muna because people kept talking about that she was gonna be blown away in the 100 and yet she proved again that she times her season to perfection. A 10.78 in the final going down to the wire with CJ is excellent.

Then there was the talk about her not doing any 200 prior the championships and maybe not making it when she really ran Allyson to the line from lane 1!

If I wasn't so FOR JAMAICA I would actually want her to win gold in something at WC. She is to me the best all around 100/200 female sprinter the US has and has been seriously under rated. I have missed her the pass two WC glad to see her make a resurgence last year and now this year.

Go MUNA

Comment

For the seniors it was Rodgers proving he's the Real Deal, and Brad Walker jumping 18'10 from 6 lefts, and Harper smokin' the hurdles.

For the juniors it was Davis in the 110H, plus Goodwin and Claye (of course).

Comment

Gotta give Toby Stevenson points for making the team after a multi year slump.

Comment

i'll go with lee, esp. in the 200 from lane 1, guts , not giving up, also liked jagr in the 5000, roberts in the 400 and dutch in the 400 hrdles.

Comment

I ma say Muna, having pulled off the double and coming very close to winning both, very nice performance!!!
                    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      ... Brad Walker jumping 18'10 from 6 lefts....
                      Does he go back to what would be considered a full run at some point?

Comment

I don't know if he impressed me the most, but I thought Johnny Dutch ran a fantastic race yesterday. Will Claye really impressed me as well. Two big stars on their way to the top?

Comment

Yikes. What about Anna Willard? 3rd in the 1500m, 2nd in the 3000m SC.

Comment

Both LJ winners. The duo of the ex-Badgers made me happy .
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                              Both LJ winners. The duo of the ex-Badgers made me happy .
                              What he said, except there were four (Teg, Solinsky, Jager, and do not forget the 10,000, Tim Nelson).

I have to add the 100wh in there too; continued confirmation that the Oly Gold was no fluke (and B-T in the DT ditto).

Comment

Working...
                              X