Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the athlete who impressed me most in Eugene....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 26mi235
    What he said, except there were four (Teg, Solinsky, Jager, and do not forget the 10,000, Tim Nelson).
    Yes, of course ops: .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Curtis Beach

Comment

Hmmm, I recall a passenger asking GH this question on the flight out of Eugene.

Guess I will go with Nicole Bush running 9:57.06 in the SC prelim after apparently developing a cuboid avulsion fracture.

http://www.mypacs.net/cases/CUBOID-PLAN ... 41997.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
          Gotta give Toby Stevenson points for making the team after a multi year slump.
          I gotta go with Toby as well. He not only jumped the highest he has since September 2006, but he looks like he can make a few higher heights as well.

My former teammate James Jenkins was also very impressive in the triple jump with a HUGE PR (and the wind was 2.4, not far over legal) for third place.

Also I was super impressed by Stacy Dragila. She looked AWESOME. I have seen her have some wretched meets in recent years, and it was great to see her on fire and leading the competition until she went out. It's probably still a stretch to say she's a medal contender in Berlin, but she has a good shot at making finals, and I wouldn't completely count her out either.

Comment

I'd like to throw out an honorable mention to Dathan Ritzenhein, in taking charge during the 10000, and Shawn Crawford, for dominating the 200. Of course Galen Rupp was impressive in responding to Ritzenhein, and Charles Clark surprised me in the 200.

Comment

For me it was without a doubt Hyleas Fountain up until her injury!

Comment

The continued revitalization of Dwight Phillips - including his work in Eugene this season. Will be looking forward to equal performances at other venues throughout the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome Dome
                  For me it was without a doubt Hyleas Fountain up until her injury!
                  Second that: It is impossible to tell what she would have done
                  in the last two disciplines, but she could well have exceed
                  anything non-Klüft, non-Barber in the new millenium,
                  (Minus points for the wind, though.)

Comment

dwight phillips. he could have quit the sport last year when he did not make the olympic team and no one would have faulted him with two world championships and an olympic title. but he has come back better than ever at age 31, something great for us guys in our 30s !!!

Comment

Perhaps, as gh recently pointed out, I'm looking at it through my powder-blue-hued glasses, but this seems rather impressive from any perspective....

MASON FINLEY broke two National HS records in 2 days with the Jr. implements:
                      DT -- 204-3
                      SP-- 66-1.50 outdoor (Mike Carter threw 67-9 indoors)

Finley's feat is one of the many things that was kinda lost in the shuffle by mixing up the Junior and Senior schedules into one big confusing stew (as mentioned in the RG story on front).

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
                        SP-- 66-1.50 outdoor (Mike Carter threw 67-9 indoors)
                        Finley's jr shot weighs 13.2 lbs., Carter's 16 lbs.

I think Lashinda Demus' 53.8 400h was top performance.
                        Go with Cantwell's 71-7 on men's side.

Comment

Originally posted by tm71
                          dwight phillips. he could have quit the sport last year when he did not make the olympic team and no one would have faulted him with two world championships and an olympic title. but he has come back better than ever at age 31, something great for us guys in our 30s !!!
                          He attributes some of his success to losing 15 Lbs. Hard to fathom why he thought being 15 Lbs. heavier wasn't a problem before! Glad he lost the weight, good to see him back, better than ever.

Comment

I think who impressed me most were Alberto Salazar's runners. They run with such tenacity and that long finishing surge is a thing of joy, quite Africanesque in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                              Originally posted by Marlow
                              ... Brad Walker jumping 18'10 from 6 lefts....
                              Does he go back to what would be considered a full run at some point?
                              What do you think when everyone one else was twice as far back as Walker was. Of course him will then you will see multi 6.00 jumps.

Comment

Chalonda among women and Gay among men.

Special recognition to 14yo Trinity Wilson in the jr. women's hurdles.

Also though Tora Harris showed tremendous heart overcoming what looked to be an unjust early DQ, only to make the height on his third attempt before winning the title. Very dramatic.
                                "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Working...
                                X