Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justblaze1011
    **As I exit this type of thread because its pretty much a slap in the face to those thats there, while most of the people making comments are home wishing they can be them***
    JB...it's not a slap in the face, simply the expectations that we as a fan have for them. At least I know I'm not doing a slap in the face. I both respect and appreciate the work and effort that goes into competing at this level.
    on the road

Comment

I thought that the meet went pretty well as expected, without big surprises (less the unexpected injuries, of course). From a prognosticators view it was an easier than usual one to predict.

I was disappointed in Vessey's run, but had no great expectations of her, considering her recent(?) risky tactical history. I can't think of any major athlete who performed under expectations. Quite remarkeable really in such an up and down sport.

Comment

Meb and Abdi in the men's 10,000m...hoped they'd be in better form to push Rupp to a faster time.

Comment

The hurdler Ash
          "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Tommy Skipper continued his woes of no heighting. Hard to see him struggle as he has great physical tools and a nice guy to boot. But there is something wrong.

Comment

yes, what was the deal with Ash apparently just shutting down over the last hurdle and run in.

he did not appear to be injured, nor did he crush a hurdle. he just eased off drastically.

that cost him advancing.

looked like a rookie mistake.

Comment

I was really disapointed with a number of runners. Fam had to be one of the biggest . He was in shape but just ran stupid. Jonathan Johnson was another. I keep waiting for a resurgence but it is probably too late...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                  Originally posted by justblaze1011
                  **As I exit this type of thread because its pretty much a slap in the face to those thats there, while most of the people making comments are home wishing they can be them***
                  JB...it's not a slap in the face, simply the expectations that we as a fan have for them. At least I know I'm not doing a slap in the face. I both respect and appreciate the work and effort that goes into competing at this level.
                  I thought twice before beginning the thread but figured that for other professional sports, no one would have a bit of doubt asking the same question. In golf, no one would have a problem posing the same question. Second guessing athletes in the NBA, NFL, MLB is a cottage industry.

Comment

Could someone tell me if the ladies Hept top 3 have all made the A standard?

Same with the women's 800/1500/5K?

The men's are the same correct? I was out of the loop this weekend in terms of checking the boards and am nto sure who actually made the team due to these A/B marks.

Also, I agree that X is still struggling, he simply does not have the base to perform at his former level, my guess is that he will be OK, by seasons end when he has plenty of races under his belt and consistent training/health. Hastings a bit of a disappointment. And was a tad bit disappointed in Hooker nto making top 3. Dexter Faulk was also affected by this being his 1st champs final. He was off his rhythm from the starting gun, and couldn't adjust to others start.

Webb's fault is really not his own, but more of his coaches. They changed too much with his training, and no way he was going to be the same athlete by doing less of what he's done in the past. Lolo unfortunately made the mistake of being too loyal to her fan base at home in the Drake Relays and thus paid the price of not being sharp or healthy enough to compete with the likes of the top hurdlers in the world. Too tough in the US to not come in to nationals less than fit.

Comment

Originally posted by knite

For the Hept: both Pickler & Day have the "A" standard; Wade has the "B" standard.

Women's 800: Clark has an "A" and I believe Gall has an "A"...Wright has a "B"

Women's 1500: Rowbury & Wurth both have "As"...Willard has a "B" (I'm not sure if she has a faster time; thus qualifying for the "A" standard).

Women's 5K: Goucher is running the marathon in Berlin. I believe Rhines may have a "B"...not sure about Bizzarri.

Comment

Any idea what happened to Adam Goucher? He was listed for the 10K but didn't run. Is he injured, not fit, or retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                          Scott Sellers. He needs to totally retool, I think.
                          Considering he had competed in the NCAA Champs (and pretty much a full collegiate season schedule) prior to USAs, I'm sure he didn't plan to drop-off his performance in Eugene.

Comment

Originally posted by ndamix
                            Originally posted by knite

For the Hept: both Pickler & Day have the "A" standard; Wade has the "B" standard.

Women's 800: Clark has an "A" and I believe Gall has an "A"...Wright has a "B"

Women's 1500: Rowbury & Wurth both have "As"...Willard has a "B" (I'm not sure if she has a faster time; thus qualifying for the "A" standard).

Women's 5K: Goucher is running the marathon in Berlin. I believe Rhines may have a "B"...not sure about Bizzarri.
                            OK< thanks. Willard has the mark from Pre, where she ran a 4:01, which I am sure is under the standard. I don't think she should double however. She's not going to have anything left for the 2nd event, whichever that will be.

Just checked, the A standard for the w 1500m's is 4:06.00.

None of the women's 5K team has the A or B standard.

I don't think 3 guys have the men's 1500 A standard. Well Lagat and Manzano does and Lopez does have the B.

Hazel Clark is the only other women to have the A standard in the 800m's. And if it were't for a poor tactical race for Vessey, she might have that standard. But both Gall and Wright have the B standard.

Comment

Originally posted by ndamix
                              Originally posted by Dietmar239
                              Scott Sellers. He needs to totally retool, I think.
                              Considering he had competed in the NCAA Champs (and pretty much a full collegiate season schedule) prior to USAs, I'm sure he didn't plan to drop-off his performance in Eugene.
                              Honestly, if you look at his collegiate career after his 2.33m during his sophomore season, there has been a considerable drop-off. He's having trouble reaching heights he did in high school presently. I think there is more going on than just a NH in one meet. Hopefully, since he's now out of school he'll be able to focus a bit more.
                              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Can really be disappointed with LoLo, she's been hurt and looks like she gave it her best shot.

Also wasn't really surprised with Dix, hasn't run much all year, trouble with agent.... Saw that one coming.
                                On your Mark, Set,go!

Comment

Working...
                                X