Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Setgo
    Can really be disappointed with LoLo, she's been hurt and looks like she gave it her best shot.

Also wasn't really surprised with Dix, hasn't run much all year, trouble with agent.... Saw that one coming.
    Dix didnt run much last year until trials and still managed to medal in the Olympics.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Most disappointing? Whoever chose to have the national anthem butchered twice in one session.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        Can really be disappointed with LoLo, she's been hurt and looks like she gave it her best shot.

Also wasn't really surprised with Dix, hasn't run much all year, trouble with agent.... Saw that one coming.
        Dix didn't run much last year until trials and still managed to medal in the Olympics.
        Yeah, but he was training with his coach, this yr, he allowed too many factors jeopardize his season and while it might have been a good decision, it COULD have been prolonged til after he finished the season or at least qualified for WC's.

Comment

Dix didnt run much last year until trials and still managed to medal in the Olympics.

:shock: Didn't run much last year???? You must not have been following him at FSU. He helped the Seminoles 3peat as national champs. Also won 200m title for third consecutive season... If anything I thought he would be burnt out and not make the olympic team last year.. He definitely didn't have the races under his belt this year as he did in years past
          On your Mark, Set,go!

Comment

Originally posted by gm
            Most disappointing? Whoever chose to have the national anthem butchered twice in one session.
            AMEN!!!! I would not want to accuse anyone of "milking the moment" but....inflicting that blackboard-scratching, agonizing, interminable rendition of the SSB TWICE???

Comment

Gabe!

Comment

Most Disappointing & Who goes to Berlin

Fam most disappointing, but he could still go to Berlin. Only he and Solinsky have A qualifiers. Teg and Jager have B's, so if either gets under 13:20, Fam is out.
                No fourth miler as only Lagat, Lomong and Manzano have an A or B.
                In the LJ Kitchens doesn't even have a B, so Pate could use his A.
                HT--only Kruger
                I don't think any walker has a B.

On the women's side, only Clark has an A in the 800. The next three have B's.
                In the 5K, Goucher and Rhines have A's, though Goucher won't run it in Berlin. The only other lady with a B is Slattery.
                Vaill has a 20K walk B
                TJ--only Welsch has a B
                Jav--Patterson got an A in the meet. Yurkovich and Kreiner have B's.

Comment

Dix, hasn't run much all year, trouble with agent.... Saw that one coming.

:shock: Didn't run much last year???? You must not have been following him at FSU. He helped the Seminoles 3peat as national champs. Also won 200m title for third consecutive season... If anything I thought he would be burnt out and not make the olympic team last year.. He definitely didn't have the races under his belt this year as he did in years past
                  You're the one who didn't watch him at FSU apparently.

Last year he ran a whopping THREE MEETS before NCAAs...one in early April where he only ran the 100, one in mid May and then Regionals....for a grand total of 6 races before NCs.

TD is right...he didn't run much before NCAAs and never pressed until the finals...same thing at Trials...then he didn't run at all between Trials and Beijing...

He had anything but what a typical collegiate season would be, mainly because he was injured even at NCAAs last year.

Comment

Yes, I am aware that Dix was injured last year, it didn't look promising after the NCAA 100.
                    I guess my point is he did press and test himself before the trials last year, something that I'm not sure that he did this year.
                    Atleast after seeing him win 200m NCAAs last year we knew he could be a possibility to make the Olympic team, he was not much of a suprise after seeing his times from 07.
                    I saw nothing this spring to convince me that he was ready to make the team this year.
                    Obviously there will be no comparison this year for his race schedule post trials as he did not make a team this year.
                    On your Mark, Set,go!

Comment

Re: Most Disappointing & Who goes to Berlin

Originally posted by arbiess
                      Fam most disappointing, but he could still go to Berlin. Only he and Solinsky have A qualifiers. Teg and Jager have B's, so if either gets under 13:20, Fam is out.
                      No fourth miler as only Lagat, Lomong and Manzano have an A or B.
                      In the LJ Kitchens doesn't even have a B, so Pate could use his A.
                      HT--only Kruger
                      I don't think any walker has a B.

On the women's side, only Clark has an A in the 800. The next three have B's.
                      In the 5K, Goucher and Rhines have A's, though Goucher won't run it in Berlin. The only other lady with a B is Slattery.
                      Vaill has a 20K walk B
                      TJ--only Welsch has a B
                      m1500 - Will Leer has the B; Lagat has the bye
                      mHT - Freeman has the A by virtue of winning the 2007 NACAC title, Mai has the B

wTJ - McLain has the A...Shani Marks has the A

Comment

Rock. I mean that - obviously - on a personal level.

Comment

Carter
                          Dix
                          Felix not running the 400

Comment

Re: Most Disappointing & Who goes to Berlin

Originally posted by arbiess
                            I may have missed a Kreiner 59m throw this year, but her best last year was 58.31. It's moot, of course, as Rachel goes, so Kim needs an A. I am assuming that USATF is letting the athletes have the full IAAF time frame for qualifying.

Comment

Women's 800

Four respondents have mentioned women's 800m run where Maggie Vessey, coming to USATF champs with a 2:00.18 best, placed a disappointing fourth behind Geena Gall (2:01.01) and Phoebe Wright (2:01.12) as well as Clark (2:00.79).

Clark had already met the 2:00 cutoff for World Champs at Berlin via a 1:59.82 "A" qualifier in 2008 which is acceptable to IAAF.

Now note, from USATF procedures:
                              each athlete among the top four (4) finishers who has not achieved the “A” standard will have until midnight PDT on July 31, 2009 to achieve the “A” standard.

That gives Clark's three pursuers, including Vessey, one month to pursue an "A" standard -- presumably in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X