Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can Eugene Improve as a T&F Venue?

It's a tie for number one: stadium seating and more leg room!

That means within the context of the east and west grandstands fewer seats with happier fans. And you cannot just replace the current benches with stadium seats without increasing the leg room. I went to a concert last night with stadium seats and minimal leg room and that was worse that Eugene - I have the bruised knees to prove it!

Number two?? Discuss . . .

Like it or not--that stadium is getting pretty old. Considering the forum topic, "what would make it a better venue," the current economy, the appearance that Eugene is going to host many major meets in the future, I would recommend the following:

1. Keep the track and interior field as is.
    2. Tear down the stadium, put up a two multi-level stadium complete with box-suites for officials, press, etc.
    3. Have a European style roof, or go with a retractable roof like the Dallas Cowboys or Phoenix Cardinals are currently using.
    4. Build one, possibly two, complete warm-up tracks.
    5. More restrooms and expand the stadium concourses
    6. More parking

This is just off the top of my head. If Eugene is truly "track town USA" then it should have the brightest and best of the true track & field facilities. No doubt about the fan base. But, is the facility better than Arkansas, Sacto, Provo, Austin, Rikers Island, so on and so forth?

Comment

Changes...

All events inside the track oval, per IAAF requirements. More parking in the area would be nice too.
      "Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records." - William Arthur Ward

Comment

9 lanes are a must have.
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Another meter (or two) separation between the horizontal jump runways/pits.

Comment

The 1972 OT was my third (as a spectator) and the best IMHO despite no events for women. Improvements since then are impressive. With the global recession a sad reality, I see no money for further improvements even if Eugene is the permanent site.
            none

Comment

What kind of beer do the sell?
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                I see no money for further improvements even if Eugene is the permanent site.
                There are former Ducks who were in on the ground floor with Nike and made loads of money. As they age there will be attempts to establish/further their legacy and, as bad as this sounds, lucrative wills. There's plenty of money if you ask the right people.

Comment

And I'm sure that they will read this message board for guidance to spend those $. :P
                  none

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    What kind of beer do the sell?
                    This time around they had a most excellent pale ale form a company I had not heard of nor remember the name of. But it was tasty . . .

Comment

1) More events. It would be nice if there were 2-3 events per year that were slightly below the level of Prefontaine.
                      2) Additional parking would be really nice. A shuttle service from the football stadium would probably do the trick.
                      3) More leg room.

Comment

Mentioned above, but, Hammer must be on infield.
                        Keep those dorm rooms available as housing!
                        Probably will be an indoor track available as a warmup facility, soon.

Comment

1)More leg room
                          2)Beer allowed in the stands
                          On your Mark, Set,go!

Comment

Less wind!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Setgo
                              1)More leg room
                              2)Beer allowed in the stands
                              Well, while we're at it, why not

3) In seat video monitors with lap times, throw/jump measurements instantaneously beamed to them
                              4) Suzy Favor look-alike seat hostesses. (appropriate male counterparts available for the ladeez)
                              5) Food (and wine) from King Estate Vineyard brought directly to your large luxurious lounge chair (and/or Track Town pizza) Delivered by the aforementioned seat hostess
                              6) 2.0 meters per second wind moving constantly from left to right (hey, if swimming pools can have gutter systems, why can't we have wind systems)
                              6a) Wind would be shut down during lap races. But turned on, at just the right time on the bell lap.
                              7) Personal Q & A time with any athlete (post race, naturally)
                              8) When no significant races are going on, throw in a local high school mile relay made up of rival high schools, just for fun. Or hell, fraternities/sorroties. It's always great to see how out of shape normal humans are in contrast to the national caliber studs.
                              9) Live wagering.

Comment

Working...
                              X