Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two meets for the U.S. 4x1

Apparently the word has come down from on high that the national 4x1 team will be running at the London GP (July 24-25) and Cottbus (August 8). Pass on either meet and you're off the team.

OK, guys, here's your chance to pass under pressure before Berlin. Get 'er done! I sure hope we run the team we expect to in the finals of the WC or we're wasting our time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      OK, guys, here's your chance to pass under pressure before Berlin. Get 'er done! I sure hope we run the team we expect to in the finals of the WC or we're wasting our time.
      I agree whole-heartedly.
      They need to get their ish together this time, seriously. I think they can beat Jamiaica, and the one thing they dont need is baton mishaps if they hope to do it. All the experimenting needs to be done here so there wont be any guess work in Berlin.
      ....Lets roll!!!

Comment

Re: Two meets for the U.S. 4x1

Originally posted by gh
        Apparently the word has come down from on high that the national 4x1 team will be running at the London GP (July 24-25) and Cottbus (August 8). Pass on either meet and you're off the team.
        Thats what I'm talking about!!!! Outside of injury or prior committments, there is no excuse!!!

Comment

I like the firm tone.

I hope the US doesnt restrict itself to top 4 with its new stern approach.

We need to look at putting both Hooker and Crawford on those relays, IMO.
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            I like the firm tone.

I hope the US doesnt restrict itself to top 4 with its new stern approach.

We need to look at putting both Hooker and Crawford on those relays, IMO.
            I would think Hooker, having MADE the team in an open event, is more than capable of being on the team. Had she been blown out, as oppose to just being beaten, then there would be a case to just top 4. However, with Alex having had the long collegiate season and having to stretch that season to August makes me think she won't be as fresh.

I think Hooker needs to now commit to the 200m event, that way, she will make the 100m event, since she's is concentrating on the half lap...lol. I just find it odd that for a women with her talent, she's had this issue in back to back yrs when I still think she's one of our top sprinters, just not having put the best race together when it counts. Either way, she would be on MY team if it were me selecting the other individuals.

Crawford prove his ability on the curve in that 200m race, making him more than capable of being in the relay.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Solomon in her 200m prelims race?

Comment

Two mandatory meets. Big deal.

How many mandatory PRACTICES are there? Because that's where the fate of those 4x1's will be decided.
              There are no strings on me

Comment

They really need to practice getting the stick around. 4 should be chosen. They should run together as a unit way prior to going to Berlin.

Comment

]
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by knite

I would think Hooker, having MADE the team in an open event, is more than capable of being on the team. Had she been blown out, as oppose to just being beaten, then there would be a case to just top 4. However, with Alex having had the long collegiate season and having to stretch that season to August makes me think she won't be as fresh.

I think Hooker needs to now commit to the 200m event, that way, she will make the 100m event, since she's is concentrating on the half lap...lol. I just find it odd that for a women with her talent, she's had this issue in back to back yrs when I still think she's one of our top sprinters, just not having put the best race together when it counts. Either way, she would be on MY team if it were me selecting the other individuals.

Crawford prove his ability on the curve in that 200m race, making him more than capable of being in the relay.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Solomon in her 200m prelims race?
                    I think Hooker and her camp started tooling around with her race and just ran out of time to get it together. You could tell in the early season meets she was uncomfortable with it and then in the finals she reverted to her old form.

I agree she needs to be on the 4x1 though.

Solomon pulled up coming out of the first curve. Looked like she just caught a cramp because she walked all the way down the track and across the finish.

Comment

Re: Two meets for the U.S. 4x1

Originally posted by gh
                      I find it interesting that the 2nd one listed (August 8th) comes AFTER they actually have to report to relay camp on August 6th...

Comment

There are not a lot of quality meets with 4x100 or any other relays on the schedule.

Comment

I have nothing against mandating meets and a relay camp for those who want to be on the US relay squads, but USATF didn't even let agents know about the the required meets in London and Cottbus until the agents seminar during the USATF Champs, well after many agents had already done deals for athletes in Barcelona, on the same weekend as London.

Comment

Originally posted by dl
                            I have nothing against mandating meets and a relay camp for those who want to be on the US relay squads, but USATF didn't even let agents know about the the required meets in London and Cottbus until the agents seminar during the USATF Champs, well after many agents had already done deals for athletes in Barcelona, on the same weekend as London.

Who from the 4x1 pools has a done deal in Barcelona?
                            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Originally posted by dl

Who from the 4x1 pools has a done deal in Barcelona?
                              No idea, but a few agents mentioned they had done just that.

Comment

Working...
                              X