X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by Smoke
    I agree Marlow. I believe our World champs should be about the best running not a mirror image of the Games. Why do we send the top three from each country? It does not make sense? Last year at the Games the hurdles were lackluster and subpar because as is the case every year, the US dominates the event like no other.
    We dominate the highs more than the 100.
    The top 8 or 12 ranked hurdlers should be automatic qualifiers, then fill in the rest of the fields. That is a true world championships. We should do it for all the events. It is silly to have medalists and finalists that would get crushed in varying countries depending on the event.
    We have a meet where the best compete. It is called the World Athletics Final. After 25 years in various forms it will run for the final time in 2010 due to a lack of interest from athletes and fans.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by cacique
    why are you starting another thread on an already existing topic?
    PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 17:52

Note the starting time of the other thread and post your comment there maybe? Maybe you should have looked at the marker yourself before commenting?

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    why are you starting another thread on an already existing topic?

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Re: 110H as of July 1

Originally posted by Marlow
    here's the top 11 in the world half-way through the year. USA's doing OK. I'd give Robles the WC Gold today, if we could just send all these guys to the WC!

13.04 Dayron Robles CUB
    13.09 David Oliver USA
    13.12 Terrence Trammell USA
    13.12 David Payne USA
    13.13 Dexter Faulk USA
    13.15 Aries Merritt USA
    13.21 Ryan Wilson USA
    13.24 Antwon Hicks USA
    13.24 Eric Mitchum USA
    13.27 Ronnie Ash USA
    13.29 Jason Richardson USA
    WOOOO WEE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Smoke
    replied
    I agree Marlow. I believe our World champs should be about the best running not a mirror image of the Games. Why do we send the top three from each country? It does not make sense? Last year at the Games the hurdles were lackluster and subpar because as is the case every year, the US dominates the event like no other.
    We dominate the highs more than the 100.
    The top 8 or 12 ranked hurdlers should be automatic qualifiers, then fill in the rest of the fields. That is a true world championships. We should do it for all the events. It is silly to have medalists and finalists that would get crushed in varying countries depending on the event.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    started a topic 110H as of July 1

110H as of July 1

here's the top 11 in the world half-way through the year. USA's doing OK. I'd give Robles the WC Gold today, if we could just send all these guys to the WC!

13.04 Dayron Robles CUB
    13.09 David Oliver USA
    13.12 Terrence Trammell USA
    13.12 David Payne USA
    13.13 Dexter Faulk USA
    13.15 Aries Merritt USA
    13.21 Ryan Wilson USA
    13.24 Antwon Hicks USA
    13.24 Eric Mitchum USA
    13.27 Ronnie Ash USA
    13.29 Jason Richardson USA

Working...