Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Champs: expand from 3 max per Country? Pros/Cons?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive always wanted to see a championships were you represent yourself rather than country so you could have the top 64 in the world all there for each event. i understand the floors with this and paying for travel, accomodation and so on.

imagine the 200 final

crawford
    dix
    gay
    bolt
    spearmon
    merritt
    martina
    x man
    rodney martin

Comment

Who cares about places 5 - 9? IF the Berlin final is Bolt, Gay, Crawford and Spearmon I'm "grateful for the plateful" as my late father used to say. Besides, Dix is injured and Martin is running poorly.
      none

Comment

Originally posted by LSR
        ive always wanted to see a championships were you represent yourself rather than country so you could have the top 64 in the world all there for each event. i understand the floors with this and paying for travel, accomodation and so on.

imagine the 200 final

crawford
        dix
        gay
        bolt
        spearmon
        merritt
        martina
        x man
        rodney martin
        tha'ts assuming they are all at top shape at the same time. and as x-man demonstrated, that's not always the case.

just because the US might be dominant in the top lists, it doesn't mean they'll all perform well at the championships or peak at the same time. if the 110m finals were held with 8 US entrants, not all would make the final.

Comment

Working...
        X