Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by marathondave
    Not now. 1500 team is now set after Ulrey's 3:35.23 in Rome.
    Ya know what? He may totally bomb out in the first round in Berlin, but ya gotta give him props for finishing top 3 in Eugene and now successfully chasing the standard. Good for you!
    And now he has a whole month to recoup for the WCs (rather than chasing for weeks; I think that this is his first race).

Does anyone know Teg's schedule; a sub 13.20 would aid his teammate.

Comment

It seems Kitchens got B standard (8.13) im an italian meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Moura
        Gall missed the A-standard with a 2:00.40 at the meeting in Lignano.

http://www.fidal.it/2009/COD1871/Gara108.htm

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          All of which brings us full circle to my statement at this point last year (and probably years before that): enough of this foolishness! Nobody who chases a standard after the Nationals ever does anything significant at the OG/WC anyway. Pick the team at the Trials meet and leave it at that.
          Thank you.

(James Brownin').....Please, please, please put a stop to this mark-chasin' garbage! Now, I'm wishing that every other country has passport rules as strict as Bejing! (the reason why no mark-chasing was allowed in 2008!)

Comment

where, pray tell?

Comment

Lignano
              http://www.fidal.it/2009/COD1871/Gara028.htm

1 77 KITCHENS George 1983 SM USA00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 7.90 +1.0
              1°: N 2°: 7.90 3°: 7.70 4°: N 5°: 7.78 6°: N
              +1.0 +0.4 +0.3
              2 75 DOS SANTOS Rubens 1984 SM BRA00 BRAZIL 7.61 +0.2
              1°: N 2°: 7.37 3°: 7.45 4°: N 5°: R 6°: 7.61
              +0.4 +0.3 +0.2
              3 78 IUCOLANO Ferdinando 1980 SM RM053 C.S. AERONAUTICA MILITARE 7.36 +0.1
              1°: 7.14 2°: 7.19 3°: 7.15 4°: N 5°: N 6°: 7.36
              +0.6 +0.4 +0.4 +0.1
              4 76 AGRESTI Francesco 1977 SM PD131 G.S. FIAMME ORO PADOVA 7.05 +0.3
              1°: 7.05 2°: 7.01 3°: 7.04 4°: 6.87 5°: 7.02 6°: 6.97

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                Does anyone know Teg's schedule; a sub 13.20 would aid his teammate.
                Tegenkamp's only race before the WC will be a 5000 in Heusden, Belgium on July 18.

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23
                  Originally posted by gh
                  All of which brings us full circle to my statement at this point last year (and probably years before that): enough of this foolishness! Nobody who chases a standard after the Nationals ever does anything significant at the OG/WC anyway. Pick the team at the Trials meet and leave it at that.
                  Thank you.

(James Brownin').....Please, please, please put a stop to this mark-chasin' garbage! Now, I'm wishing that every other country has passport rules as strict as Bejing! (the reason why no mark-chasing was allowed in 2008!)
                  Vessey should not have chance at the 800, Tegenkamp only has the B and it makes no sense for Ulrey to even run the 1500 because he will not make the final. Kreiner no way belongs in a JT comp at this level, There is no development aspect to the WCs/OGs and everyone that is not likely to get a medal should stay home -- NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    where, pray tell?
                    Nuoro

Comment

The "big" meet in Nuoro on July 08 was won at 7.65, no sign of Kitchens in results I've seen.

Comment

When was the last time the US LJ men had someone who needed to chase a standard following USATF/OT's? (It may be more recent than I'm assuming, but it seems strange, even during our "slump" years).

Comment

Originally posted by pela2
                          Gall missed the A-standard with a 2:00.40 at the meeting in Lignano.

http://www.fidal.it/2009/COD1871/Gara108.htm
                          You know, I wonder why they haven't relaxed the qual. standard for the women's 800m event. As it's one of the more solid standards that women have a hard time reaching, with with athletes not named Janeth Jepkosgei or Pamela Jelimo (of the past 2 yrs **) the event is wide open.

I can see a high 1:57 winning this yr's event.

Comment

Three of the top 5/five of the top 10 from the women's 5000m WC Trials race are entered in tomorrow's 5000 in Liege.

Comment

Originally posted by REngelhardt
                              Three of the top 5/five of the top 10 from the women's 5000m WC Trials race are entered in tomorrow's 5000 in Liege.
                              Is there a start list/site link available?

Comment

Liege web site:
                                http://www.sport.be/meetingliege/2009/eng/

At this time, only the pre-program lists are posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X