Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A World Champs USA TV question......

On the days that the Worlds are on NBC (Weekends), will Universal's website show the Champs live on computer, or will it black the meet out, and force us to see NBC's tape delay?

Don't know...but I'm trying to find out if the Worlds webcast at CBC.ca will be accessible in the USA.

Comment

it's not.. I tried that last year and couldn't get the channel online. It was block out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
        it's not.. I tried that last year and couldn't get the channel online. It was block out.
        That was Olys.

I'll say this. I knew there was something going on with Universal buying out WCSN! Remember, 'CSN was the competition. If you already saw the meet live on computer earlier that Saturday or Sunday morning, why would you watch it on NBC in the afternoon? NBC knows this, so there's only one way to deal with the competition!!!!!!! American track viewers may be in for a rude awakening, but this is business; something the track community is still trying to understand.

But I'll wait for the confirmation.

Comment

That's why I said, getting CBC.ca in USA is more likely to be block out like last year.

The computer is good, but even though I watched some of the races online last year, I still watched NBC coverage in the night..where you see everything bigger and in HD.

I remember a few years ago.. I used be able to watch programs from BBC sports etc. Now they block you out if you not in Europe, which is suck! To much politics involve in internet viewing right now.. now we are more limited than we use to 5 yrs ago.

Best thing to do, is do search until you come across other channels on the web.

Comment

don't have the answers to the web questions yet, but I can tell you the midweek shows will be on Versus, not Universal Sports.

Comment

I think you've got the sequencing wrong. wcsn changed its name to Universal after being bought by NBC. wcsn and universal never existed side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                I think you've got the sequencing wrong. wcsn changed its name to Universal after being bought by NBC. wcsn and universal never existed side by side.
                gh has it right--the same folks who were involved with WCSN are with Universal/NBC

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  I know this. I should've made it more clear that Universal and NBC are the same company. I thought people already knew this, due to the peacock on Universal's website.

Watching CSN coverage in the early World Champ weekend mornings was great while it lasted. But Universal/NBC, IMO, saw that as competition, and bought CSN out. And now, the possibility looms that American viewers won't get to see relays and full marathons live on Sunday morning; they will have to wait until the 3:00pm tape delay on NBC.

One good thing is that you'll get the live feeds during the week, with the Versus tape delay (I hope!).

Comment

Working...
                  X