Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Sports Track Announcer ?

Noticed a new female voice announcing the Oslo Universal Sports broadcast on television this afternoon. What a breath of fresh air! She knew the sprints and field events, technique and strategy, names and faces. Guessed she was a former competitor, but didn't catch the beginning to identify her. Recognized Dwight Stones and Lewis Johnson's voices. Who is she?

I actually rewound to catch her name , Jill Montgomery. She had obviously done her homework, coming up with PRs, coaches and other facts on every performer. She made intelligent comments on technical events. She obviously knows the pole vault well. She was enthusiastic and seems passionate about the sport.

She made Lewis Johnson look even worse than usual by comparison as he spewed misinformation (he called Damu Cherry the recent national champion (actually 3rd) and Borzo the 800 champ way back in 2000(actually 2004). When he just threw out that Lolo Jones bombed in Eugene, she actually went over her hamstring injury at Drake and tried to explain where she was in her training.

Definitely a breath of fresh air so I am sure she will never be heard from again.

Comment

Montgomery used to compete in the vault for Accusplit (competed in meets with Suttle, Price, Dragila) and was also an indoor pentathlete and an outdoor heptathlete.

http://www.iaaf.net/athletes/biographie ... index.html

Comment

Universal Sports coverage this year is the best T&F on US TV in years. By far.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Is that the horrid shrieking voice over top of Ariana Friedrich tht we were plagued with on the front page for a couple of weeks after Berlin?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Is that the horrid shrieking voice over top of Ariana Friedrich tht we were plagued with on the front page for a couple of weeks after Berlin?
            Yes. Enthusiastic, eh ?
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Some it merely plagued. Me it nearly drove crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinsdad
                Originally posted by gh
                Some it merely plagued. Me it nearly drove crazy.
                I usually keep my sound off anyway. The times when I forgot to turn it off after listening to something, the Friedrich clip served as a painful reminder of why I try to keep it off.

After a while, it got to be a game--could I mute my laptop before she cleared the bar. Not easy.

Comment

my lap top volume does not work for some reason. i watched berlin and oslo without any problems. who needs the commentary ?

Comment

uh oh, gh, looks like Jill Montgomery is a WSU grad?

Comment

uh oh, gh, looks like Jill Montgomery is a WSU grad?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        After a while, it got to be a game--could I mute my laptop before she cleared the bar. Not easy.
                        What was your fastest RT? ;-)

Comment

Not fast enough. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                          X