Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAF Fantasy Game: Lausanne

I recommend breaking off the other (now very lengthy) fantasy game post into individual meets; begin your discussion of Lausanne here.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Link to the start list.

http://www.athletissima.ch/meeting/athl ... .aspx#M100
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Damn it's starting to get hard already...just wait until the late GL-comps like Zurich etc...
      Should one use Bolt already...have a feeling this race could be fast but most probably not WR-fast.

Comment

Anyone know what shape Jepkosgei is in? It doesn't look like she has run 800 yet this year.

Comment

First they had a men's HJ, now they don't???? Any info?

Comment

Originally posted by Seeksreal
            Anyone know what shape Jepkosgei is in? It doesn't look like she has run 800 yet this year.
            She is an unknown quantity, but last year started slow and didn't really show her 2007 form, except in the Olympics. And in 2007 she was a total surprise at the Worlds and continued to shine afterwards. I'm keeping clear of her until I see her true form.

Comment

Oslo definitely shook things up a bit. Down to 29 folks with a perfect score. 31 of the 39 in our buddy league who have competed in both meets have 1000 or more which should keep you in striking distance of the leaders. Our buddy league is ranked 13th of 143.

Comment

I'm one of the 29... not so sure where I will be after Lausanne.. it will definitely be more of a gamble there...

Comment

Unlike last year, I decided to go with the big stars early and found a way to not have a perfect on at least one occasion. Still in the hunt with 1125 points, but given the depth and overall quality that is already a significant gap.

Comment

Made some really bad decisions early on. Still not scored 200p with my captain for example....
                    Hopefully my tactic with saving some of the bigger stars early on may help me later but the distance tp the top is starting to get long now!

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                      Made some really bad decisions early on. Still not scored 200p with my captain for example....
                      Hopefully my tactic with saving some of the bigger stars early on may help me later but the distance tp the top is starting to get long now!
                      Whoever has Captains that win at every meet will win, and anyone of that lot who has one, or two, who get WR's will be nonpareil.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                        Originally posted by Seeksreal
                        She is an unknown quantity, but last year started slow and didn't really show her 2007 form, except in the Olympics. And in 2007 she was a total surprise at the Worlds and continued to shine afterwards. I'm keeping clear of her until I see her true form.
                        She ran a 4:13 1500 at Doha this year and was in a 4x400. No 800s. The 4:13 is actually a solid early-season mark for her. In Doha '07 she ran 4:14 and 4:15 in '06.

Comment

The official athlete list at the Lausanne web site does not load for me. Is there another source?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                            The official athlete list at the Lausanne web site does not load for me. Is there another source?
                            This link works for me.

http://www.athletissima.ch/meeting/athl ... .aspx#M100
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

The link pego provided as well as the one on the site is getting some server timeout error. Can anyone else get it to work?

Comment

Working...
                              X