Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donley2
    The link pego provided as well as the one on the site is getting some server timeout error. Can anyone else get it to work?
    I am getting the server timeout error now too. I suspect, it is a temporary thing. Here is the main Athletissima website.

http://www.athletissima.ch/organisation/comite_en.aspx
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
      I am getting the server timeout error now too. I suspect, it is a temporary thing.
      It is temporary. Since I posted the question I was able to load the page but now it is back to the error page.

Comment

It works for me now.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I've been trying for an hour starting at 7:30 p.m. Pacific and can't get it. It's the middle of the night there and shouldn't be busy. Woe! Can't be an anti-Yank move cause we aren't doing well.

Comment

Rogueden you are not the only one. I have the same problem for probably 3 hours now. Also I sent you a PM.

Comment

It's accessible now (at least from Sweden)

Comment

It's worked for me every time. Maybe you guys just don't know how to work these newfangled computer machine thingies. :P
                "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
                  It's worked for me every time. Maybe you guys just don't know how to work these newfangled computer machine thingies. :P
                  Says the smart alec who I passed in the home stretch last year.

Comment

Sitting here and flipping a coin for whom of Bolt and Robles I should use this meet (want them i separete meets as captains). Perhaps Robles is more likely to break a WR than Bolt?!

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                      Sitting here and flipping a coin for whom of Bolt and Robles I should use this meet (want them i separete meets as captains). Perhaps Robles is more likely to break a WR than Bolt?!
                      Don't forget the WAF is double points! Why waste a "gimmie" this early. Also WR's are impossible to predict, even a planned attack by an the Ethiopian Du Jour.

Comment

Two things. Both World Champs and WAF are double points. And there are no gimmies. I managed to pick Asafa Powell the meet he dogged it in the prelims and didn't even make the finals last year.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
                          Two things. Both World Champs and WAF are double points. And there are no gimmies. I managed to pick Asafa Powell the meet he dogged it in the prelims and didn't even make the finals last year.
                          I thought the WC's was a separate competition? Not counted in this game. I agree that there are no gimmies, but there are those who are "highly expected to win, " and Bolt and Robles, and quite a few others as well are among em. It worked for me last year, as I got top score from WAF.

Whoops, there is the WC's on Aug 15. O.K. then hold off on even more "almost gimmies."

Comment

i look at the fields for certain events and say that this is heck of a meet. I would like to pick Americans, but really its like the ones I pick will have "that crappy race"/ post USATF champs letdown. So truly Robles and Bolt arent looking bad along with maybe Jeter.

people like Clement, Rodgers, phillips all are wildcards here IMO and the same for some of the Jamaican women (some Jamaican fans) as what athlete will show up I seem to never know. I guess thats why I like TAF huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                              Why waste a "gimmie" this early.
                              Back when I first started playing fantasy track games, gh gave me some sensible advice: Pick the players that will get you points RIGHT NOW. The game he was advising me on then was a longer-term game where players were picked for a whole season, but the advice still holds up. Just because somebody might be hot early in the season doesn't mean they'll be around when the chance for those double points rolls around later.

Can you say "Tyson Gay in Beijing," boys and girls?
                              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
                                Originally posted by jeremyp
                                Why waste a "gimmie" this early.
                                Back when I first started playing fantasy track games, gh gave me some sensible advice: Pick the players that will get you points RIGHT NOW. The game he was advising me on then was a longer-term game where players were picked for a whole season, but the advice still holds up. Just because somebody might be hot early in the season doesn't mean they'll be around when the chance for those double points rolls around later.

Can you say "Tyson Gay in Beijing," boys and girls?
                                I follow this philosophy as well. Different people peak at different times and there will always be some new standouts cropping up. As for the WAF, I found it easy to make picks last year as so many events are contested and many top athletes choose not to participate.

Comment

Working...
                                X