Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smithg
    replied
    tfn buddy league is by far the large in total members and sitting tied for 17th. very good going guys!

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Jnathletics
    Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by jeremyp
    Originally posted by donley2
    Results on IAAF page show Rodgers as a combined 6th. So that should be 20 points. In this case the "B" race guys got a huge break with the wind (-1.8 vs +1.0) and (I think) a huge difference in how wet the track was. I would email the IAAF folks and ask about it.
    I have complained, to no avail, about B races. I am of the opinion that only A races should count in the game, the above reason being one of them. One of these days they're going to have a B 800 or 1500 much faster than the A and no-one will get any points. Not all races are equal in either conditions or pace.
    I agree. Those combined results are an abomination.
    What do you mean one of these days? How about Madrid.

Men's 800
    Heat 1

revisedOfficial Results - Men - 800 Metres - Race 2 Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
    1 Jackson Mumbwa Kivuna KEN 1:44.86 10
    2 Arturo Casado ESP 1:45.52 8
    3 Abraham Chepkirwok UGA 1:46.14 4
    4 Eugenio Barrios ESP 1:46.30 3
    5 Prince Mumba ZAM 1:46.60 2
    6 Juan Carlos Higuero ESP 1:47.27
    Heat 2
    [quote:lb9lapwl]1 Mbulaeni Mulaudzi RSA 1:45.81 7
    2 Manuel Olmedo ESP 1:45.91 6
    3 Ismail Ahmed Ismail SUD 1:46.08 5
    4 Tamás Kazi HUN 1:46.74
    5 Marcin Lewandowski POL 1:46.98
    6 Dmitrijs Milkevics LAT 1:47.04
    7 Miguel Quesada ESP 1:47.30
    I guess all the Spainards didn't want to race each other and each needed some elite international runners in their heat?!?! :? :wink:[/quote:lb9lapwl]

Had this been in the fantasy game there would have been blood.

Leave a comment:

• Jnathletics
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Results on IAAF page show Rodgers as a combined 6th. So that should be 20 points. In this case the "B" race guys got a huge break with the wind (-1.8 vs +1.0) and (I think) a huge difference in how wet the track was. I would email the IAAF folks and ask about it.
    I have complained, to no avail, about B races. I am of the opinion that only A races should count in the game, the above reason being one of them. One of these days they're going to have a B 800 or 1500 much faster than the A and no-one will get any points. Not all races are equal in either conditions or pace.
    What do you mean one of these days? How about Madrid.

Men's 800
    Heat 1

revisedOfficial Results - Men - 800 Metres - Race 2 Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
    1 Jackson Mumbwa Kivuna KEN 1:44.86 10
    2 Arturo Casado ESP 1:45.52 8
    3 Abraham Chepkirwok UGA 1:46.14 4
    4 Eugenio Barrios ESP 1:46.30 3
    5 Prince Mumba ZAM 1:46.60 2
    6 Juan Carlos Higuero ESP 1:47.27
    Heat 2
    1 Mbulaeni Mulaudzi RSA 1:45.81 7
    2 Manuel Olmedo ESP 1:45.91 6
    3 Ismail Ahmed Ismail SUD 1:46.08 5
    4 Tamás Kazi HUN 1:46.74
    5 Marcin Lewandowski POL 1:46.98
    6 Dmitrijs Milkevics LAT 1:47.04
    7 Miguel Quesada ESP 1:47.30
    I guess all the Spainards didn't want to race each other and each needed some elite international runners in their heat?!?! :? :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    After my disastrous Lausanne I'm loving my Rome picks.

It's like the season has finally started. Lausanne answered lots of questions which has made Rome easier.

Anything less than 600 will be shocking!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    They show your lowest scoring athlete as 0 even when they scored.
    Thanks for info. This is the first time I've had six scorers so it was a bit confusing, especially since I thought I had a third place finish with Rodgers.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Originally posted by trackstar
    Originally posted by Daisy
    I just looked at my score and found Rodgers scored 0 points in the 100m. Was he DQ'ed or is it a bug?
    Was he your worst-scoring athlete? If so, then his score was dropped. We pick six athletes each meet, but only the top 5 get scored.
    I had not realized until now that is what they do. They show your lowest scoring athlete as 0 even when they scored.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Ah, I had not realised they were going with combined, even then, he should not be a zero. Unfortunately my sixth athlete is at 20 too.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied
    Everyone remember: Rome is coming in only two days. Get your teams picked quickly!

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    I just looked at my score and found Rodgers scored 0 points in the 100m. Was he DQ'ed or is it a bug?
    Was he your worst-scoring athlete? If so, then his score was dropped. We pick six athletes each meet, but only the top 5 get scored.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    After the much more chaotic last two meets we are down to 566 people with 1500 points or more, 23 in our buddy league. The top end is also spreading out a bit with 1680 making the top 50. Still one person with a perfect score of 1800. Looks like the people who are just joining the game may grab a lot of the weekly prizes from now on.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    I lay a major egg. Oh well .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X