Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powell
    AFAIK in Kenya the national championships and WCh Trials are two separate meets.

Edit: it's confirmed by the story from the IAAF site. Only the 10000 and marathon teams have been selected so far.
    Thanks for the clarification. From EPelle's IAAF link:

"The focus now shifts to the national trials for Berlin which will run in Nairobi on July 25."

Comment

men's 4x4

again as with the women 4x4, i'm wondering -- why do you think belgium won't have a say about the medals?

whatever happen to the russians, which almost stole the silver in beijing?

Comment

Re: men's 4x4

Originally posted by cacique
        again as with the women 4x4, i'm wondering -- why do you think belgium won't have a say about the medals?
        They are not completely without a chance, but they still only have 3 good runners. When they find a no. 4 who can at least go sub-46, things will look different.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Latest version now up.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/formch ... lChart.pdf

Comment

i am pretty sure gharib is not running the world championship marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              No medals for the host? Well at least you got rid of STEFAN Bayer ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sinafan
                No medals for the host?
                I'm surprised they chose Kovago over Harting, but other than that I wouldn't predict any German men to medal, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                  No medals for the host?
                  I'm surprised they chose Kovago over Harting, but other than that I wouldn't predict any German men to medal, either.
                  That's at what I was aiming, too. Tilastopaja gives us a 9-2 for Harting against Kovago and I see no reason at all for this surprising ranking.
                  Nevertheless I think it's possible that a second medal might materialize from Bayer, Mohr or Straub, Spank, Frank, Bartels, Behrenbruch or the men's sprint relay.

Comment

I'm tempted to pick Harting for silver. Seem to recall that in the pre-year wild prediction throwing contest many of us picked him for gold... Then again, the discus has produced surprises these last two years.

Unsurprisingly, as WC draws nearer, the predictions are gaining sanity. But no way will Kemboi lead Kenya to a steeple sweep... :?:

Comment

I think it's possible that a second medal might materialize from Bayer, Mohr or Straub, Spank, Frank, Bartels, Behrenbruch or the men's sprint relay.
                      Yes, it is possible, but if I was to pick my top 3 right now, none of the above would be included. Harting would be... unless possibly Małachowski can show today he's capable of throwing big despite the injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X