Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome GP

Well, it looks like the match up many has been waiting for is about to happen. Sanya and Allyson goes head to head in the 400m. Anyone outside of you know who(lol) thinks Felix can win this???

Re: Rome GP

Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Well, it looks like the match up many has been waiting for is about to happen. Sanya and Allyson goes head to head in the 400m. Anyone outside of you know who(lol) thinks Felix can win this???
    Felix is gonna get her hat handed to her.

Comment

Felix might get pulled to a PR, but so far this year nothing she's done indicates she's ready to make a race of it.

Comment

Are there any start lists up yet?

Comment

I believe Sanya is ready for the American record.

Comment

Sanya is running closer to her 48.70 than ever...hope she goes under 49.00 with Felix pushing her. But, I think Felix has the potential to be the best in the 400m...if she really concentrated on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeksreal
              Are there any start lists up yet?
              Golden League meet start lists typically come out the night before the meet.

Comment

Felix will win.

Comment

So, who wins the 200m race between Richards and Felix? Richards, if she sticks to this developing pattern she's employed over the past few races of holding back to 200m, should be about even with Felix once the racing starts. Who's stronger? Perhaps Richards, but I'm confident Felix isn't going into this race - one way past her comfort level - to lose or simply run a good time.

Regarding that lack of indication that Felix is ready to make a race of it, well, that's been a bit intentional on Felix's part:

Originally posted by Felix, on her website's journal,
                  My time away from the track was much needed and when I returned I felt rejuvenated, ready, and excited to take on a new year. I’m taking a much slower more progressive approach to this season because last season was so draining.

Comment

Re: Rome GP

Originally posted by guruof track
                    Originally posted by justblaze1011
                    Felix is gonna get her hat handed to her.
                    Oh really, hat handed to her :shock: Sanya is running well right now in the 400m and Allyson will have to run an awesome race to beat her as would any other female in the world. Allyson is capable of winning, one of the things Allyson brings to the table which is an important element, is how relax she runs. To me it's a question of her fitness in the 400m, we'll see. I'll go out on a limb and pick AF :shock:
                    on the road

Comment

Sanya's winning this one, but Allyson will set a seasonal best in this race. Somewhere near her PR of 49.7. Sanya will run around 49low.

Comment

I'm saying Sanya is running sub 49. Felix will run a respectable 2nd, but if she tries to run with Sanya she may fade in the last 50 meters.

Comment

I'm saying Sanya is running sub 49. Felix will run a respectable 2nd, but if she tries to run with Sanya she may fade in the last 50 meters.
                          Because Allyson has stated she is taking a slower, more progressive approach to this season, that may impact her approach to this race. It sounds like she may use this race as a gauge of where she is and where she needs to be, but also work on strength for her 200m.
                          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                            Because Allyson has stated she is taking a slower, more progressive approach to this season, that may impact her approach to this race. It sounds like she may use this race as a gauge of where she is and where she needs to be, but also work on strength for her 200m.
                            IMO, After this race, Felix should begin her speed work and run more 100's, he strength is there, however, the 1st 100m's of her race needs work, she needs to increase her speed and start in order to stay with VCB on the curve. If she let's an athlete like VCB get a great curve like Beijing, she will be hard pressed to come back on her even with her strong guaranteed finish.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                              Originally posted by Speedfirst
                              IMO, After this race, Felix should begin her speed work and run more 100's, he strength is there, however, the 1st 100m's of her race needs work, she needs to increase her speed and start in order to stay with VCB on the curve. If she let's an athlete like VCB get a great curve like Beijing, she will be hard pressed to come back on her even with her strong guaranteed finish.
                              I agree, because she didn't do anything over 200m at the trials, she will use this 400m race as a barometer. I think Allyson and Bobby plans are more speed work as stated.
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X