• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Potest
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by ChuiTai
    Richards probably believes that Felix is the true competition in this event. And she obviously would like to remain unbeaten this season. I will be more interested to see how she runs both final regions (curve & home) of the race.

As many have stated prior, Felix perhaps is using this to heighten stamina and doesn't see much in the way of importance to win. Execution of a training plan I would think. However if the latter were not true, what would she need to do in order to run a low 49 or better?
    Actually Sanya lost to Williams in the 400 in Jamaica to open the season and to Felix in the deuce at Adidas.

I think it will be a good race but that Sanya will win. These two extremely talented young ladies tend to bring out the best in each other. But Sanya's the best 400m runner in the world and has been for years. And right now she's running very well.

Felix has only beaten Sanya once in the 400 by .02 and that was on a day when Sanya doubled (she pr'd in the 100 prior to the 400) and Felix didnt. Felix also set her 49.70 pr to do it.. Sanya won comfortably the next two times they raced.

Sanya 48.99
    Allyson 49.77

You guys of course realize that there are other individuals in the race. I am particularly interested in the two Willams, Sherika and Novlene. If the two principals get too caught up with each other one of them could spring a surprise. Sherika is shaping up to be a dangerous customer with her improved 200m speed. If either of the favourites misjudge the race they will have their hands full containing her.

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    Oh almost forgot about that one lol.. "9.77" lol..

They finally put some grease on the wind meter this year.

Leave a comment:

• TheTransporter
    replied
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    I expect Tyson to run his first 9.7 race
    Do you mean 'this year'? Or 'ever'? He ran a 9.77 last year, the American Record.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    100m looks good. With the 400 i hope Gillick gets top 2 not particularly a great race though. Most of all i hope for good weather for good times

Leave a comment:

• RQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Is there a site with them on, or could someone copy n paste 100, 200 n 400 start list for the men please.
    No 200m included on this list

100 M G.L. Premium 1 GAY Tyson USA
    100 M G.L. Premium 2 PADGETT Travis USA
    100 M G.L. Premium 3 RODGERS Michael USA
    100 M G.L. Premium 4 BAILEY Ryan USA
    100 M G.L. Premium 5 TAKAHIRA Shinji JPN
    100 M G.L. Premium 6 MARTINA Churandy AHO
    100 M G.L. Premium 7 POWELL Asafa JAM
    100 M G.L. Premium 8 BAILEY Daniel ANT
    100 M G.L. Premium 9 BLAKE Yohan JAM
    100 M G.L. Premium 10 HINDS Andrew BAR
    100 M G.L. Premium 11 FRATER Michael JAM
    100 M G.L. Premium 12 JELKS Mark USA
    100 M G.L. Premium 13 THOMPSON Richard TRI
    100 M G.L. Premium 14 CERUTTI Fabio ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 15 RIPARELLI Jacques ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 16 COLLIO Simone ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 17 DI GREGORIO Emanuele ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 18 MULLING Steve JAM

400 M G.L. Classic 1 KIKAYA Gary COD
    400 M G.L. Classic 2 WILLIAMSON Darold USA
    400 M G.L. Classic 3 NEVILLE David USA
    400 M G.L. Classic 4 STEFFENSEN John AUS
    400 M G.L. Classic 5 BROWN Chris BAH
    400 M G.L. Classic 6 CHAMBERS Ricardo JAM
    400 M G.L. Classic 7 QUOW Ranny TRI
    400 M G.L. Classic 8 GILLICK David IRL
    400 M G.L. Classic 9 TORRANCE Jamaal USA

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by doug091463
    i hate it when there is a big meet coming up a few days away, and they dont even let you know who is competing other than a few marquee matchups.

i like to know the fields as soon as possible, is there any advantages for the people running the meets, not to let the fans know who is in the meet? (i cant think of any).
    Because there are always a lot of withdrawals and if they put them up too far in advance, the actual fields look far from the original. For example, London put their start-lists up two weeks in advance last yr and by the time the meet rolled around, Gay, Robles, Vlasic, Bekele and Spotakova had all pulled out leaving fans like me rather disappointed.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by kuha
    Originally posted by doug091463
    is there any advantages for the people running the meets, not to let the fans know who is in the meet? (i cant think of any).
    I strongly suspect that the organizers aren't 100% sure until very close to the day.
    usually the lists are up the day after Lausanne meeting

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    Is there a site with them on, or could someone copy n paste 100, 200 n 400 start list for the men please.

Leave a comment:

• DPP
    replied
    Entries at:
    http://www.goldengala.it/files/entry_list8_luglio.pdf

Leave a comment:

• The Captain
    replied
    Start lists up.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Sanya's winning this one, but Allyson will set a seasonal best in this race. Somewhere near her PR of 49.7. Sanya will run around 49low.
    How can anyone try to predict this race--especially with the weather in Europe this month? I've followed these two sprinters closely ever since I was at the 2002 USAT&F Junior meet where they both ran, but I have no idea of the winner--much less the time.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by DCSIGMA
    As somebody on here already said why would u bet against SAFA on the GL curcuit...it will be interesting to see what Tyson can do even after his 9.75w(which he says was a terrible race)....he has been very low key this year so has VCB(i guess since they do have the same coach)...not many races....i think a lot of these kats and kittens are playing a lil kat n mouse and not showing their hand till Berlin.....

I think SAFA is just now start to round into shape....

But I am pulling for Tyson....

When is the rome meet and will there be a live feed?
    Who wins this race would have earned it. Both are rounding into shape nice.

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    I can't really see Powell running anything faster than 9.85 this time, but i still want him to win.
    How well do you expect Tyson to run?
    All I can say is FAASST!! :lol:
    I don't know how Powell is gonna dig him self outa this one!

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Rome meet will be live on universalsports.com this Friday as well as universalsports TV later on in the day.

Leave a comment:

• DCSIGMA
    replied
    As somebody on here already said why would u bet against SAFA on the GL curcuit...it will be interesting to see what Tyson can do even after his 9.75w(which he says was a terrible race)....he has been very low key this year so has VCB(i guess since they do have the same coach)...not many races....i think a lot of these kats and kittens are playing a lil kat n mouse and not showing their hand till Berlin.....

I think SAFA is just now start to round into shape....

But I am pulling for Tyson....

When is the rome meet and will there be a live feed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X