X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Asafa will never be the same after a minor ankle injury??? And these same people EXPECT someone who had MAJOR surgery on his ankle to just up and run sub 45s and sub 20s like its that easy.

Amazing
    You noticed that too huh??

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    Originally posted by BCBaroo
    Wow - quite a bit of snipping at one another these days.

My hope is that the wind is legal. The fast is start and the runners run well and remain healthy. I would love to see 2 sub 9.8 times, just to make things interesting in Berlin.

I am born and bred USAnian, but I think these 2 are running for silver at this point. I think we are all witnessing something rare and phenomenon-tastic in that taller Jamaican kid, whatever his name is.
    Tis a shame when patriotic fervor gets in the way of pure, beautiful athleticism. The funny thing is most of that kind of attitude is primarily on the board. The athletes who are actually competing have a tremendous amount of respect for one another, regardless of the flag they fly under.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    Some Gay fans are adamant in saying Powell is 100% all because the want Tyson Gay to finally get a "Real win" against a non fainting Powell. :lol:

Come on guys, better than that! Gay is only winning against a weakened Asafa.
    Man, I just love the excuses!!!
    Real win???

He's demonstrated well the "real wins" he's had over Asafa. Some folks still don't want to accept it.
    not to be a stickler but Tyson has only beaten Asafa once..............but BOTH were healthy and it was in a race with ALL the marbles on the line.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Asafa will never be the same after a minor ankle injury??? And these same people EXPECT someone who had MAJOR surgery on his ankle to just up and run sub 45s and sub 20s like its that easy.

Amazing

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied
    Wow - quite a bit of snipping at one another these days.

My hope is that the wind is legal. The fast is start and the runners run well and remain healthy. I would love to see 2 sub 9.8 times, just to make things interesting in Berlin.

I am born and bred USAnian, but I think these 2 are running for silver at this point. I think we are all witnessing something rare and phenomenon-tastic in that taller Jamaican kid, whatever his name is.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by JWiz
    Some Gay fans are adamant in saying Powell is 100% all because the want Tyson Gay to finally get a "Real win" against a non fainting Powell. :lol:

We all make excuses...you know, kinda like American jetlag in Lausanne.
    The Americans didn't make the excuses, just some of us who know when the athletes made the trip, understand that there's going to be some adjustments that need to be made with respect to travel, rest, etc and being able to compete. You haven't heard any of the athletes make any statements if I'm being correct...

Leave a comment:

• JWiz
    replied

We all make excuses...you know, kinda like American jetlag in Lausanne.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    He's fine, his last race should have let everyone know that. He's run on his ankle since April.

If he's run that well on it, he's very close to if not 100%. This has been going on since April and he has gotten faster every time out. NO excuses. You don't continue to run on it if it were that bad. He's run like 5 races, he's fine.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    I mean for the Rome race coming up, he's clearly not 100%. Just like Gay wasn't 100% at beijing, both have valid excuses to why they don't win. Asafa still might win if he starts putting more pressure on his ankle. Asafa is still running well, proven by his last race, he's just not 100%.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Asafa isn't 100% for the Rome race and Gay wasn't 100% at Beijing. Asafa is closer to 100% now than Gay was at Beijing.

I still think it will be a good race if Asafa gets out well and maybe tests out his left ankle a little more.
    Asafa was healthy in Rome, he then goes on to a super fast time setting the WR almost twice right after the WC's...I do not get why folks believe that stuff coming from an athletes camp about their health not being great. If its not great, then why are you competing...?

MVP is the last camp I'm gonna take at their word about an athletes "health". Only because they've used this so many times that it never pans out to what they state.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Real win???

He's demonstrated well the "real wins" he's had over Asafa. Some folks still don't want to accept it.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    Asafa isn't 100% for the Rome race and Gay wasn't 100% at Beijing. Asafa is closer to 100% now than Gay was at Beijing.

I still think it will be a good race if Asafa gets out well and maybe tests out his left ankle a little more.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Do you reckon Asafa's ankle will be fine by Berlin?? I hope it is!
    I certainly hope so, but the reality is that injuries like that one do not go away quickly, if ever. A doctor once told me, after I had turned my left ankle, that it would for the rest of my life be my weakest ankle and it would be the one that I would turn from time to time. So said, so done. I've never turned my right ankle (my knee is another story, 'scoped in three places) but my left is always susceptible to a turn if I misstep on a stone etc.

Ankle injuries are tough, and Asafa is trying to run through his. Not a recipe for a return to full fitness, IMHO. But, he only has a few years left of legitimate competition for a medal at a major and it must be hard to even contemplate sitting one out for rehab, especially since he has done that before.

Originally posted by croflash
    After watching the race I don't believe him when he says he is only "85 percent" like he did during the press conference in Rome today. Under normal conditions, he would have run at least sub 9.9 and nobody can achieve that at 85 percent.
    The quote I've seen is that he said his Ankle is "85% better". Not quite the same as he being at 85% overall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X