Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she? I hope so, because no matter she says she doesn't care, it must be very demotivating such a result as she had in Oslo

Comment

As mentioned on another thread, Defar has been added to the women's 10,000m. Fortunately, a few other internationals have been added - Ejegayehu Dibaba, Aheza Kiros, Lineth Chepkurui and Christine Bardelle. So the Ethiopians could take a 'medal sweep' with the rest dragged round to a PB.

To coincide with Ohuruogu's addition to the 400m, it looks like Sanders will not be competing this weekend. Perri Shakes-Drayton has accepted an invite to compete in the 400m flat, but not in the 400m hurdles.

It looks like Goldie Sayers has accepted too, so she might be competing in the JT after all.

Comment

The athletes receive "invitations" not "invites" as "invite" is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by Triplej
          It's funny, I don't remember seeing a rule that asked for all posters to demonstrate perfect grammar! Nor do I recall Jon looking for grammatical advice. :roll: Should we all triple check our posts since it's now apparent that you are watching and noting the slightest of errors? Waste of bandwidth IMHO, since we're chatting - not typing articles.

--------
          Sanders' season looks to be a write off, doesn't it? :cry:

Comment

wrong! It's entirely interchangeable. Invite has a colloquial origin, yes, but invite is certainly listed in the dictionary as a noun...I oddly know because we had this discussion at work just last week!

And there ends your grammar lesson for the day.,.

Comment

Board rules
              15. Critiquing of other posters' choice of words, spelling or grammar is not tolerated. English is not always everyone's first language and not everybody has the same level of education. If you wish to be a pedant, please do it elsewhere.
              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

I sincerely apologise. I did not intend to criticise or offend, I was attempting to provide advice.

Sorry.

Comment

Well how LOVELY

I'm all for a bit of grammar pedantry anyway...the amount of times I have to BITE MY TONGUE!

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
                    wrong! It's entirely interchangeable. Invite has a colloquial origin, yes, but invite is certainly listed in the dictionary as a noun...I oddly know because we had this discussion at work just last week!

And there ends your grammar lesson for the day.,.
                    where on earth do you work ?!??!
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

*double post*

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

I'm a French translator...boring nonsense grammar things like that are right up my street!

Ok, I'm a geek...

Anyway, no major shocks in the men's 100 heats- Chambers leads them with a 10.20

The women's field is depleted as hell- appears Kwakye is out (BOO!), Ania and Nelson haven't shown, Freeman isn't running...it's going to be a very very weak event it seems

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
                          Originally posted by mump boy

I'm a French translator...boring nonsense grammar things like that are right up my street!

Ok, I'm a geek...

Anyway, no major shocks in the men's 100 heats- Chambers leads them with a 10.20

The women's field is depleted as hell- appears Kwakye is out (BOO!), Ania and Nelson haven't shown, Freeman isn't running...it's going to be a very very weak event it seems
                          Could it be possible that Jodie Williams is selected in the individual with her B-standard today, or as a member of the relay team?

Comment

Well surely she HAS to be part of the relay squad- even just for experience! I guess, however, it's just a question of whether they'd want to give her the pressure of an individual slot at her age- I'd say they should throw her in, it's not as if anyone else has done anything this year...

If Kwakye shows some form, I'd put in her and Williams at this stage. It's clear Freeman isn't interested in the 100 for Berlin...

Comment

Oyepitan sets a season's best of 11.57 which is good.
                              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Peter Smith, an U20, has just won the hammer with 76.67m! The official results PDF has ranked Smith's throw among the top 10 UK all-time performances, which would suggest it was set with the senior weight hammer. But surely that's too good to be true? His senior hammer best before today was 66.13m, while his junior weight hammer PB was 75.28m.

If it was set with the senior weight, that puts him at fourth on the world junior all-time list with the senior weight and would be the best throw for 10 years. Surely it's got to be a junior implement?! :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X