Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would they normally let a junior compete against the seniors with a different weight, though?

Comment

And no Benjamin in the 400m...christ, how many more are going to pull out?!

Comment

They sometimes do at the Loughborough international, but you have a good point - surely at a national championships everyone would have the same implement? Maybe there was an admin error or something when it came to the implement weigh-in process...? :?: :!:

Comment

Apparently it was Alex Smith who finished in 2nd place being given the winners medal which makes me think Peter may have thrown with the junior implement.
          But i cannot understand why they would do that, this is the UK trials not the throwsfest...

I really hope it is our british pessimism that is making us doubt the performance but i will wait and see, it does seem a bit too good to be true...

Comment

He outthrew his PB with every throw, didn't he? If it IS a senior implement...

The Big O is at least there- "cruises" to a near 4 second win in 51.86

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the junior implement. He may have got dispensation to throw with the lighter implement in advance of the Euro Juniors in a fortnight.

Comment

I can understand the thinking of giving him the special dispensation, and it is a national U20 record, but i don't think the UK trials is the place to do it, especially as it made me think britain may actually be sending a male hammer thrower to a world champs lol.....

Comment

Just looked at the start list for the 400H- and no Elidh Child there either!

What IS going on!?

Comment

No McConnell either!

Maybe there's something good on the TV? :?
                    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

I know we ALWAYS get late withdrawals but this is all a bit ridiculous...

Comment

I agree! At least Meadows, Okoro and Simpson are all there.

Comment

Are people valueing these trials as much as they should ?

Something tells me that had this meet been the only meet at which to qualify McConnell and Co. would be there.

It appears that the Crystal Palace meet is now equal to or more important than the trials in terms of selection, the athletes know if you put in a good performance there you are likely to be selected, and this year selections won't be made until July28th, after crystal palace....

Comment

Originally posted by Kai88

Something tells me that had this meet been the only meet at which to qualify McConnell and Co. would be there.

It appears that the Crystal Palace meet is now equal to or more important than the trials in terms of selection, the athletes know if you put in a good performance there you are likely to be selected, and this year selections won't be made until July28th, after crystal palace....
                            I wholly agree. But you have to think the likes of Benjamin are being a bit foolish with the talent stacked up in the 400- surely Rooney has got the "discretionary" place sewn up if he's in good form and the top two from here must be in pole position.

McConnell knows she is second behind "The Big O" in the pecking order with little chance of anyone else getting close, presuming Sanders is gone for the season...

Comment

Originally posted by Kai88

Undoubtedly. In 2007, McConnell ran (awfully) at the trials over 400mH and was still selected for the 400m flat for Osaka.

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim

Undoubtedly. In 2007, McConnell ran (awfully) at the trials over 400mH and was still selected for the 400m flat for Osaka.
                                See, I almost don't mind TOO much for the sprinters- if they're there for the relay already, then throw em in the individual if they think it will help or give them experience...though if you ask me McConnell is out of the latter category by now, yes...

Comment

Working...
                                X