X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    I think LM was aiming to PR regardless of Wariner. The question now will be how fast the 2 of them run! It should be a great matchup!!
    No doubt Merritt planned to pr anyway.

But my point is that Wariner has shown himself capable in the past of running times -even without being pushed -that LM hasnt dipped to yet.

If I'm not mistaken he's only gone sub 44 twice with a 43.7x pr?

To hold a retooled JDubb off, Merritt may have to hit a new mark out of necessity. Obviously he's capable and that's what makes this such an interesting rivalry.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Obviously LM is the man right now in the 400.

But from what I've heard training is going well for JW with Hart.

Just because JW hasnt dropped any times for people to see... dont sleep. That's part of the game sometimes; don't show your hand.

In fact Hart was quoted as saying thats the reason JW ran the 200 at trials. He went on to say that had LM been the defending champ he would have run the 200 for the same reason.

Like I said in another thread, expect JW to crush it come Berlin. He wants to be back on top so bad he swallowed his pride, admitted his mistake and asked someone who he hurt to help him again.

LM is a beast, but he may have to run a pr to win in Berlin.
    I think LM was aiming to PR regardless of Wariner. The question now will be how fast the 2 of them run! It should be a great matchup!!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Obviously LM is the man right now in the 400.

But from what I've heard training is going well for JW with Hart.

Just because JW hasnt dropped any times for people to see... dont sleep. That's part of the game sometimes; don't show your hand.

In fact Hart was quoted as saying thats the reason JW ran the 200 at trials. He called it "gamesmanship."

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/ ... nited.html

He went on to say that had LM been the defending champ he would have run the 200 for the same reason.

Like I said in another thread, expect JW to crush it come Berlin. He wants to be back on top so bad he swallowed his pride, admitted his mistake and asked someone who he hurt to help him again.

LM is a beast, but he may have to run a pr to win in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by Madd Marine
    Yeah, LM was so mediocre at the nationals, barely won.

I must say I have more respect for LM after seeing the interview he gave online. Very well thought answers. I hope he and JW hook up for more than 1 big race this season.
    Not many folks have run 44.50 the last few yrs, so I'd hesitate to call that "mediocre".

There was plenty of wind on the back stretch of that 400m run and he stated that his only goal was to qualify.

Leave a comment:

• Madd Marine
    replied
    Yeah, LM was so mediocre at the nationals, barely won.

I must say I have more respect for LM after seeing the interview he gave online. Very well thought answers. I hope he and JW hook up for more than 1 big race this season.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Indeed.

Either
    A. he's not where he wants to be yet, and doesn't want others to know
    or
    B. He's right where he should be and doesn't need races to interfere with his peaking for Berlin

In any case, you WOULD think he could use some GP pay-days now, wouldn't you? I don't see a JW-LM showdown before Berlin. Or is JW holding out for the right price to have said showdown?

JW's 200s in Eugene couldn't have done much for his confidence, but having CH back in his corner is a definite plus, even if only psychologically. Then again, LM didn't exactly burn up the track either.

Leave a comment:

• 502CD
    replied
    If I remember correctly in 2007 he wasn't running 400's during this same period and was doing the 200 and people were wondering the same thing. Then on his 2nd 400 after nationals he dropped the 43.50. Not sure if he'll drop something like that this year.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Well it isn't like he is a novice in how to run an effective, quality 400m. There are things you can do practice/training wise, that you use as barometers. When you don't see the number of races (events) run so far, then it also speaks to the trust he has in himself and the coaching.

I won't say he is desperate, maybe he doesn't want to show his hand right now either.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    started a topic Where is the 400m WC?

Where is the 400m WC?

Can someone please explain why JW has not run a 400m in almost 2 months (5/16 - 7/?) and he has only run 3 the whole season w/ a best of 44.66. It is already July. What is up with that? This whole thing seems out of whack for JW even w/ CH. And his 200m (6 of them in almost 3&1/2 months) are not improving at all. He barly made it past the 1st round. Is he confused, slightly injured, or trying somthing new - because he is desperate to beat LM?

LM on the other hand has run 6 400m two of which are the WL and most important of the 6 were the round experience he got during the NC. He has also run a 300m in and excellent time. He has run as far as I know 3 200m including todays (which I suspect will be another good run from him). Complete opposite of JW with better results to boot.

What is JW's stragegy for doing this????? Anyone?
Working...
X