X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikewats
    replied
    When is Athens?

Hopefully Wariner just trying to get a few things in training sorted due to his absense with Hart and will come out blazing in at least a 400m race before Berlin.

I think 43.5/6 will win Berlin and be a close race.

Leave a comment:

• The Captain
    replied
    Just appeared on the Athens start lists, as is Merritt, and no longer down for Tangier.

Leave a comment:

• 502CD
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Anyone else think that the Berlin 400 is really a 300? They both exhibit a strong last 100 (relatively speaking - everyone is slowing down). If LM commits to the third 100, I think it's his to win. JW has always shown a strong third 100. I really think whoever enters the straight in the lead, wins. That should be LM (given his superior speed), but if he snoozes, he loozes!
    Unless the one in the outer lane makes the mistake of going too hard and blows up.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Anyone else think that the Berlin 400 is really a 300? They both exhibit a strong last 100 (relatively speaking - everyone is slowing down). If LM commits to the third 100, I think it's his to win. JW has always shown a strong third 100. I really think whoever enters the straight in the lead, wins. That should be LM (given his superior speed), but if he snoozes, he loozes!

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Obviously LM is the man right now in the 400.

But from what I've heard training is going well for JW with Hart.

Just because JW hasnt dropped any times for people to see... dont sleep. That's part of the game sometimes; don't show your hand.

In fact Hart was quoted as saying thats the reason JW ran the 200 at trials. He called it "gamesmanship."

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/ ... nited.html

He went on to say that had LM been the defending champ he would have run the 200 for the same reason.

Like I said in another thread, expect JW to crush it come Berlin. He wants to be back on top so bad he swallowed his pride, admitted his mistake and asked someone who he hurt to help him again.

LM is a beast, but he may have to run a pr to win in Berlin.
    An actual great post, you and knite are making the transition from trackshark perfectly, lets just hope a few of the others follow you pairs lead.
    FYI,

I was a member of TFN long before I was a member of TrackShark...

I STILL receive the MCTrack Beat emails from folks who use those links to comment. One of the reasons I posted on TrackShark more because the coverage of the sport was flat out better. On the college level. That site alone made each and every other track covering website step there game up, IMO.
    Ditto...although my handle on TrackShark was different from the one I use on this site.... :wink:

Not to mention, I've received TFN for close to 30 years now.....

Leave a comment:

• The Captain
    replied
    He's running 400 in Tangier on Sunday.
    www.meetingdetanger.ma

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    never said you wasn't, but you posted there a lot, now its gone you post here a lot. You've moved your main posting site to here and at first i thought ow great same nonsense as tracksshark, but you and trackdaddy have started to do some really good insightful posts. As far as i know texas speed only posted her anyways, so i dont know why he flipped his lid.
    I think I can speak for TD when I say this but...
    Him and I made the same types of contributions on that board over there. Just because I'm on a new board doesn't mean I change with the site that I post on.

What you see is what you get, its unfortunate that you felt some posters comments were nonsense there, but I can only control what I post, nothing else or no one else's opinions.

When I see something that is nonsense, I normally just skim over it or disregard it altogether...don't loop everyone together though, its a tad bit unfair to do so.

Thanks for the welcome I guess.....? haha

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Wariner looked fine until USAT&F. He was fourth at 200 in 2007. I don't know the answer and I'll be concerned until he breaks 44.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    never said you wasn't, but you posted there a lot, now its gone you post here a lot. You've moved your main posting site to here and at first i thought ow great same nonsense as tracksshark, but you and trackdaddy have started to do some really good insightful posts. As far as i know texas speed only posted her anyways, so i dont know why he flipped his lid.

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    Obviously LM is the man right now in the 400...

Like I said in another thread, expect JW to crush it come Berlin. He wants to be back on top so bad he swallowed his pride, admitted his mistake and asked someone who he hurt to help him again.

TD is right, but it is also the case that LM is incredibly gifted both physically and mentally, This kid has it together and is not likely to get caught up in mindgames or otherwise sidetracked. He is all work. I would certainly expect a PR from him in Berlin. I can remember him when he was in HS in VA, as rare a talent as one ever sees. Scarry, but had he focused on the 200m he would have been just as successful.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Just because JW hasnt dropped any times for people to see... dont sleep. That's part of the game sometimes; don't show your hand.

In fact Hart was quoted as saying thats the reason JW ran the 200 at trials. He called it "gamesmanship."

He went on to say that had LM been the defending champ he would have run the 200 for the same reason.

An actual great post, you and knite are making the transition from trackshark perfectly, lets just hope a few of the others follow you pairs lead.
    FYI,

I was a member of TFN long before I was a member of TrackShark...

I STILL receive the MCTrack Beat emails from folks who use those links to comment. One of the reasons I posted on TrackShark more because the coverage of the sport was flat out better. On the college level. That site alone made each and every other track covering website step there game up, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Can we kill the "transition" talk already?

Myself and TD were on T&FN before Trackshark ever even closed...we just frequented Trackshark more and I'm sure others are in similar boats.

I've seen some stuff on here worse than what was on Trackshark and some stuff that was on Trackshark worse than on here.

Moving on :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Well it isn't like he is a novice in how to run an effective, quality 400m.
    Yea, when you've run 43 as many times in a life as he has its not going to be much of a problem doing it again. He has experience running rounds in the Olys and winning, he has experience running rounds and winning a world championships. Hell he even has experience not competing at the USA Trials and winning a world Championship. He'll get his fair share of 400s in this summer and get back to 43 no problem. He knows what he's doing. Thats why he's a pro.

............ I mean he's still gonna get all kinds of blazed by Lashawn "D.M." (Da Man :wink: ) Merritt, but he knows what he's doing. No cause for alarm.

Leave a comment:

• 502CD
    replied
    I think there's a pychological aspect in play with JW this year though. In years past if he wasn't leading at 300 he knew he could walk anybody down. That's not the case now. If he ends up in an outside lane again to LM he may go out too hard and have nothing left for last 100. Or if he doesn't go out hard enough he may be too far behind LM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X