Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valid passports and berlin

it's come to my attention IF your USA passport expires before around FEB 25 of 2010, you might needto quickly renew it....

i became aware yesterday, and am going thru the expedited mail process...

helluva time showing up at the airport and te airline rejecting you...

Re: valid passports and berlin

Originally posted by az2004
    it's come to my attention IF your USA passport expires before around FEB 25 of 2010, you might needto quickly renew it....

Can you clarify this? Is there some kind of requirement that it not expire within six months of leaving the country?
    Thanks,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Comment

Many (indeed I'd go so far as to say "most" in my recent experience) nations now require 6 months life on your passport before they let you into the country.

(as in, U.S. will let you out, but the other countries won't let you in)

(although, come to think of it, I think many airlines now police it, so at least you don't get turned around at the other end)

Comment

Re: valid passports and berlin

Originally posted by Alan Shank

Can you clarify this? Is there some kind of requirement that it not expire within six months of leaving the country?
        Thanks,
        Alan Shank
        Woodland, CA
        The below should suffice coming from the U.S. State Department:

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/fr ... _1741.html

The Issue Date of your passport can be found on the data page of your Passport Book or the front of your Passport Card.

If possible, you should renew your passport approximately nine (9) months before it expires. Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six (6) months beyond the date of your trip. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met.

If your passport has already expired, you may still be able to renew your passport by mail

Comment

I have found multiple websites that say for Germany, Americans need have only 3 months left on passport. BUT DON'T TRUST ME AS YOUR ULTIMATE SOURCE!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            BUT DON'T TRUST ME AS YOUR ULTIMATE SOURCE!
            Never, ever!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              I have found multiple websites that say for Germany, Americans need have only 3 months left on passport. BUT DON'T TRUST ME AS YOUR ULTIMATE SOURCE!
              All the more reason to check the passport link on the U.S. State Department's website not Passport Canada. j/k :wink: :lol:

Comment

US State Department web site says Germany requires remaining validity of three months.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t ... _1123.html

Comment

leaving eugene, the tsa told me i had to renew...

it's in the process...

with all the money spent, hopefully, i get the new one, and the dept of state does their job...

i sent it express mail yesterday... their site said 2-3 weeks of processing so a window of july 21-28 is ok...

apparently it takes 5-7 business days for me to monitor the status of my new passport..

i can also watch my bank account for when the 149.85 gets deducted..

i think there be a very small chance things go wacky...

i leave august 3....

didn't GH have fun getting to osaka....??

Comment

it's in the process...

with all the money spent, hopefully, i get the new one, and the dept of state does their job...

i sent it express mail yesterday... their site said 2-3 weeks of processing so a window of july 21-28 is ok...

apparently it takes 5-7 business days for me to monitor the status of my new passport..

i leave august 3....

You will get it sooner than later, I went thru that last year and it came very quickly.
                    on the road

Comment

hey, thanks for that news...

hearing from some one who went thru the experience is great...

i did call the automated site to get the in person process, but the woman said it was 14 days or less..

do the expedited mail process...

i last renewed after sevilla, with the 90 day period was the rule, but 9/11 changed it to 6 months...

murphy's law was my fear here..

Comment

it's in the process...

i leave august 3....

Another option to consider for expedited passport requests is going through your Congressional representative or Senator's office.

Depending upon the load in each individual office, it can work as well as expedited mail service. However you may want to check with the Congressional/Senatorial office to find out the specifics before exercising this option.

Comment

There are also some commercial services that can get you passports and visas with extremely short turnaround time. I've used one of them several times. They're not cheap, but they're good and their reliable.

Comment

i'm in the expedited mail process now...

so i'll check july 18, basically giving them the 10 days and see where things stand...

the 14 day in person process is my next option, although they do have my EXISTING passport...

so i don't think TWO requests for a renewed passport can happen...

i should be fine, cross my fingers....!!

Comment

i'm in the expedited mail process now...

so i'll check july 18, basically giving them the 10 days and see where things stand...

the 14 day in person process is my next option, although they do have my EXISTING passport...

so i don't think TWO requests for a renewed passport can happen...

i should be fine, cross my fingers....!!
                              You'll be fine, I actually had less time than you last year and again it was a very quick turn around.
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X