Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

800m Men

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by dal4018
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Perhaps, indeed.

    However, I'm still looking for that guarantee that he'll run 1.44-1.45. I really don't believe two laps at two sprints is his thing, though he has been able to sprint really fast over the last two laps following someone else for 700m. Lagat seems periously close to being one guy who will never have reached a semblance of his 800m potential when using his own 800m races as a guide. Yesterday's was ANOTHER 1.46 in a 1.44 race.
    EPelle what is Lagat's pr in this event just curious????
    1:46
    DAMMN I THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE GONE FASTER IN HIS PRIME

    Leave a comment:


  • SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by dal4018
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Perhaps, indeed.

    However, I'm still looking for that guarantee that he'll run 1.44-1.45. I really don't believe two laps at two sprints is his thing, though he has been able to sprint really fast over the last two laps following someone else for 700m. Lagat seems periously close to being one guy who will never have reached a semblance of his 800m potential when using his own 800m races as a guide. Yesterday's was ANOTHER 1.46 in a 1.44 race.
    EPelle what is Lagat's pr in this event just curious????
    1:46

    Leave a comment:


  • dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Perhaps, indeed.

    However, I'm still looking for that guarantee that he'll run 1.44-1.45. I really don't believe two laps at two sprints is his thing, though he has been able to sprint really fast over the last two laps following someone else for 700m. Lagat seems periously close to being one guy who will never have reached a semblance of his 800m potential when using his own 800m races as a guide. Yesterday's was ANOTHER 1.46 in a 1.44 race.
    EPelle what is Lagat's pr in this event just curious????

    Leave a comment:


  • EPelle
    replied
    Perhaps, indeed.

    However, I'm still looking for that guarantee that he'll run 1.44-1.45. I really don't believe two laps at two sprints is his thing, though he has been able to sprint really fast over the last two laps following someone else for 700m. Lagat seems periously close to being one guy who will never have reached a semblance of his 800m potential when using his own 800m races as a guide. Yesterday's was ANOTHER 1.46 in a 1.44 race.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Where are the Bernard Lagat fans?
    I'm here. Lagat ran about two seconds faster than in his heat at USAT&F, so he should be ready in the event of another pair of races with a 1:50 final 800 needed to win. He ran 7:35.92 to defeat Shaheen at Pre and Bekele seems to be at less than 100%, so I think that Lagat is on track for a medal (gold perhaps) or two at Berlin.

    Leave a comment:


  • jlt
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Where are the Bernard Lagat fans?
    Still here you wanker

    Leave a comment:


  • EPelle
    replied
    Where are the Bernard Lagat fans?

    Leave a comment:


  • mojo
    replied
    Originally posted by rasb
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by mojo
    If it is 1:45.40 that is EXACTLY what he ran.
    It is indeed exactly 1:45.40.
    Now, even Canada will select him! :wink:
    Amd maybe even pay his way!

    Leave a comment:


  • rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by mojo
    If it is 1:45.40 that is EXACTLY what he ran.
    It is indeed exactly 1:45.40.
    Now, even Canada will select him! :wink:

    Leave a comment:


  • tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo
    If it is 1:45.40 that is EXACTLY what he ran.
    It is indeed exactly 1:45.40.

    Leave a comment:


  • mojo
    replied
    I can honestly say I never even thought about whether Gary had the A standard yet..... ops:
    If it is 1:45.40 that is EXACTLY what he ran.

    I thought it was an excellent race-he is slowly but surely getting his finishing speed in place.

    Anyone who knows Gary and his coach know they have this season planned perfectly.

    Leave a comment:


  • rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by BisonHurdler
    Originally posted by rasb
    Where are you getting the results from? And did Gary Reed get his "A" standard (1:45.40)?

    On the nose, it seems.
    Wow, I hope that time holds up....Hard to believe that Gary was not selecteable yet. However, if he hit the "A" today, he's on the team...

    Leave a comment:


  • BisonHurdler
    replied
    Originally posted by rasb
    Where are you getting the results from? And did Gary Reed get his "A" standard (1:45.40)?

    On the nose, it seems.

    Leave a comment:


  • pachip
    replied
    FINAL RESULTS

    1 Ismail Ahmed Ismail SUD 1:44.80 20
    2 Mbulaeni Mulaudzi RSA 1:44.97 16
    3 Marcin Lewandowski POL 1:45.27 14
    4 Gary Reed CAN 1:45.40 12
    5 Alfred Kirwa Yego KEN 1:45.70 10
    6 Mohammed Al-Salhi KSA 1:46.22 8
    7 Dmitrijs Milkevics LAT 1:46.70 6
    8 Bernard Lagat USA 1:46.84 4
    9 Yusuf Saad Kamel BRN 1:47.42
    Nagmeldin Ali Abubakr SUD DNF
    Vincent Mumo Kiilu KEN DNF

    Leave a comment:


  • rasb
    replied
    Where are you getting the results from? And did Gary Reed get his "A" standard (1:45.40)?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X