Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelimo run a 4x400 in the Kenyan championships ,two weeks ago

"But the day’s show-stopper was the women’s 4x400m relay in which the Kenya Police team fielded Olympic 800m champion Pamela Jelimo and silver medallist Janeth Jepkosgei, who is the World champion over the same distance.

The police women prevailed over an equally star-studded Prisons and Armed Forces teams, the latter featuring Olympic 1500m champion Nancy Jebet Lagat.

After taking the baton from Jepkosgei, Jelimo – the 2008 AF Golden League Jackpot winner - anchored the police team to victory in 3:43.19 with Prisons (3:42.17) second and Armed Forces (3:43.19) third."

http://www.iaaf.org/WCH09/news/kind=100 ... 51373.html

more information about her schedule

http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletic ... index.html

Comment

The season of Jepkosgei and Jelimo just makes you appreciate the likes of Richards, Wariner, Mutola and (heptathlete) Kluft all the more, athletes who could come out year after year and dominate yet again. I just find it so disheartening that Jelimo and Jepkosgei are 6/7/8 seconds slower than last year. It's only 2 laps. There are plenty of 800 gals who have come out off the back of 6 weeks training and an injury ridden winter to run somewhat close to their best - I'm thinking Holmes, Calatayud etc (in past seasons). How someone (so young too) loses their wheels altogether, I just don't know. It's disappointing anyway. I'm also not sure I want her to suddenly be in 1'55 shape come Berlin. That would be tough to take.

Comment

Pamela's situation has forced a "moving window" of her return to competition. She is now slated to return at KBC Nacht, in Heusden-Zolder, on July 18 (sorry, only Dutch-language website information posted at this time):

http://www.sport.be/kbcnacht/2009/nl/ni ... _ID=374949

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
          The season of Jepkosgei and Jelimo just makes you appreciate the likes of Richards, Wariner, Mutola and (heptathlete) Kluft all the more, athletes who could come out year after year and dominate yet again. I just find it so disheartening that Jelimo and Jepkosgei are 6/7/8 seconds slower than last year. It's only 2 laps. There are plenty of 800 gals who have come out off the back of 6 weeks training and an injury ridden winter to run somewhat close to their best - I'm thinking Holmes, Calatayud etc (in past seasons). How someone (so young too) loses their wheels altogether, I just don't know. It's disappointing anyway. I'm also not sure I want her to suddenly be in 1'55 shape come Berlin. That would be tough to take.
          Jepkosgei has come out slow in the last 2 seasons. In '07 in July on the circuit she finished 2d, and 3d.barely below 2 min. before blazing in Osaka. Last year she was 5th in Oslo, followed by a 2d and a 3d. then silver in Beijing.
          I don't see any difference in that pattern....yet.

Comment

Jepkosgei has been held back by an injury this season post-Doha (back?). Lausanne was clearly experimental for her.

Comment

Working...
            X