Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Captain
    replied
    Jepkosgei has been held back by an injury this season post-Doha (back?). Lausanne was clearly experimental for her.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    The season of Jepkosgei and Jelimo just makes you appreciate the likes of Richards, Wariner, Mutola and (heptathlete) Kluft all the more, athletes who could come out year after year and dominate yet again. I just find it so disheartening that Jelimo and Jepkosgei are 6/7/8 seconds slower than last year. It's only 2 laps. There are plenty of 800 gals who have come out off the back of 6 weeks training and an injury ridden winter to run somewhat close to their best - I'm thinking Holmes, Calatayud etc (in past seasons). How someone (so young too) loses their wheels altogether, I just don't know. It's disappointing anyway. I'm also not sure I want her to suddenly be in 1'55 shape come Berlin. That would be tough to take.
    Jepkosgei has come out slow in the last 2 seasons. In '07 in July on the circuit she finished 2d, and 3d.barely below 2 min. before blazing in Osaka. Last year she was 5th in Oslo, followed by a 2d and a 3d. then silver in Beijing.
    I don't see any difference in that pattern....yet.

Leave a comment:

• REngelhardt
    replied
    Pamela's situation has forced a "moving window" of her return to competition. She is now slated to return at KBC Nacht, in Heusden-Zolder, on July 18 (sorry, only Dutch-language website information posted at this time):

http://www.sport.be/kbcnacht/2009/nl/ni ... _ID=374949

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    The season of Jepkosgei and Jelimo just makes you appreciate the likes of Richards, Wariner, Mutola and (heptathlete) Kluft all the more, athletes who could come out year after year and dominate yet again. I just find it so disheartening that Jelimo and Jepkosgei are 6/7/8 seconds slower than last year. It's only 2 laps. There are plenty of 800 gals who have come out off the back of 6 weeks training and an injury ridden winter to run somewhat close to their best - I'm thinking Holmes, Calatayud etc (in past seasons). How someone (so young too) loses their wheels altogether, I just don't know. It's disappointing anyway. I'm also not sure I want her to suddenly be in 1'55 shape come Berlin. That would be tough to take.

Leave a comment:

• gabyandersen
    replied
    Jelimo run a 4x400 in the Kenyan championships ,two weeks ago

"But the day’s show-stopper was the women’s 4x400m relay in which the Kenya Police team fielded Olympic 800m champion Pamela Jelimo and silver medallist Janeth Jepkosgei, who is the World champion over the same distance.

The police women prevailed over an equally star-studded Prisons and Armed Forces teams, the latter featuring Olympic 1500m champion Nancy Jebet Lagat.

After taking the baton from Jepkosgei, Jelimo – the 2008 AF Golden League Jackpot winner - anchored the police team to victory in 3:43.19 with Prisons (3:42.17) second and Armed Forces (3:43.19) third."

http://www.iaaf.org/WCH09/news/kind=100 ... 51373.html

more information about her schedule

http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletic ... index.html

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    I'm still sort of hoping she re-surfaces in great form at the Kenyan WC trials.
    Me too she's my girl last year she dominated this event

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    I'm still sort of hoping she re-surfaces in great form at the Kenyan WC trials.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Re: Where is Jelimo this season?

Originally posted by jeremyp
    And Jelimo will be there as well
    She's not on the start list.
    Oh, turns out you're right. She was there yesterday, but she's gone now.
    Sort of like her season, n'est ce pas? :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

Originally posted by jeremyp
    Oh, turns out you're right. She was there yesterday, but she's gone now.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Originally posted by Non Potest
    Tyson lands in Rome on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

Originally posted by Non Potest
    Tyson lands in Rome on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Non Potest
    replied

Originally posted by trackstar
    Only a 2:02 a month ago? Is she injured?
    A Shaolin priest who is a friend of mine (Fong See You) has confided that he has seen Jelimo, VCB, Tyson Gay and JW in heavy training in the Himalayan Mountains. Patience my son. All will be revealed soon. Tyson lands in Rome on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=35878

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    we've had multiple threads on her problems this year; a quick search of her name should give you lots of background.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

Originally posted by trackstar
    Only a 2:02 a month ago? Is she injured?
    Did not look fit last time she ran. She blew up at 600m trying to run like she did last year. I wonder if she has gone back to training?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X