Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lausanne W 200m - Kerron Stewart 22.73 (-3.7)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Originally posted by DentyCracker
    Hope Muna is OK
    She is fine, trust me.
    Muna's biggest weakness is headwinds, and -3.7 m/s is like kryptonite for her, for reasons that are self-evident.
    lmaooooooo..

Comment

Originally posted by trackfan22
      lmaooooooo..
      Please translate.

Comment

Now this type of wind is a race changer!!! My girl Kerron is rolling

Comment

Originally posted by knite
          She's still upset about last yr and wants to make amends for her place in with a win in Berlin.
          Yea plus she said that her focus this year is the 100 and the GL jackpot. She may have a tough time sharing the jackpot however. SHe has yet to face Jeter, Fraser and Veronica in the GL meets over 100m.
          Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
            She's still upset about last yr and wants to make amends for her place in with a win in Berlin.
            Yea plus she said that her focus this year is the 100 and the GL jackpot. She may have a tough time sharing the jackpot however. SHe has yet to face Jeter, Fraser and Veronica in the GL meets over 100m.
            IF ITS case where she is close to winning the jackpot and i doubt vcb or fraser is gonna run

Comment

Originally posted by trackfan22
              Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
              IF ITS case where she is close to winning the jackpot and i doubt vcb or fraser is gonna run

Not sure what you call close. She has only run and won 2 out of 6 GL meets. The third GL meet is this Friday in Rome. At some point, she is going to meet Jeter, Frazer and VC on the GL circuit.
              Cows need love too

Comment

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-0ean6uc4A

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveTrack
                  Anyone catch Ato's comments during the 200m race? First, he said Stewart is doubling at WC. Is there any way Jamaica can add her to the team since she opted out of the 200m at their championships? Second, he said running into a -3.7 wind you can take off almost a second for Stewart's time. That's seem a bit much. It what he says is true then Williams and Knight just ran very low 22s, and Stewart was well under 22.
                  He said that? I doubt he saw what I saw 28 years ago:

407 22.30 -4.3 Evelyn Ashford USA 15.04.57 1 Sacramento 21.06.1981

FloJo ran 23.09 in this race for 2nd. If what he said is true, Evelyn would have had the WR for 7 years with 0.0 wind; maybe 21.4x with 1.9 wind. What exactly does both races (Kerron's and Evelyn's) convert to, with 0.0 and 2.0 wind?

Comment

all this wind calculation business is pure speculation. the time is what the clock says it is. i know it was raining, but whoever crosses the finish line wins that particular race. anyway...

Comment

Some of the fastest times have been run during or right after rainfall, fyi.

Matter of fact, last May, Bolt set his former WR in the 100m's right after it rained for about 20 or so minutes!

Comment

again all this is pure speculation. If Carl Lewis had a 2.0 wind in Colorado in the early 80s in his peak and got all of the baord he would have jumped over 30 feet in the long jump. well as we know he never got these conditions and never got off that jump. so please lets end the "if x athlete had 2.0 wind at this meet he would have run y time". the new olympic and world championship venues are enclosed such that wind is going to be NEGLIGIBLE (between -1 to + 1). It is unlikely we will see a lot of championship races run in 2.0 wind anymore.

Comment

Some of the fastest times have been run during or right after rainfall, fyi.

Matter of fact, last May, Bolt set his former WR in the 100m's right after it rained for about 20 or so minutes!
                          There are a couple reasons I can think of that rain before an event could help a sprint time, and they are basically the same as increasing altitude.

1) Rain tends to happen during low pressure systems, so the air is less dense than normal.
                          2) Strangely enough, humid air is less dense than dry air of the same pressure.

I have no idea how much difference these effects have; it could negligible, it could be measurable.

Comment

Originally posted by Non Potest

if she changes her mind she might have a shot as its been rumoured that second past the post at the Jam nationals Shelly Ann Fraser wont be doubling in Berlin. The 3rd spot is not automatic but picked by a selection committee.
                            Same thing was said last year when VCB was fourth and, rumour or not, never happened. But if it had, 3rd place SAF has never run that 10.78 for gold in Beijing, a faster time than the great VCB's best time

Comment

Hope Muna is OK
                              She is fine, trust me.
                              Muna's biggest weakness is headwinds, and -3.7 m/s is like kryptonite for her, for reasons that are self-evident.
                              why? because she's so tall and skinny?

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
                                Hope Muna is OK
                                She is fine, trust me.
                                why? because she's so tall and skinny?
                                Not so much in her height, but she's all of about 115 lbs,on her 5-7 frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X