X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Again, Oslo was forced to accept her entry, because she was invited to compete in Berlin - and won. Per IAAF, she has to have a lane made available in a heat (or final, sans a qualification), because she was in GL contention for the jackpot.
    I can't find any such rule (that doesn't mean one doesn't exist, but I couldn't find it). The only thing I find in the summer hand book is Rule 4.4 (bf mine):

<<a. Although Meeting Organisers are not required to invite any particular Athletes or groups of Athlete to their meetings [here's how good they have to be].....>>

The Rome meet director said that he had his field full early, but after Cherry won in Oslo they asked each person who had a lane if they'd give up a spot to let Cherry in and everybody said no.

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Demu Cherry should be yielded a lane if she wanted to contest the event. Stating that the "lanes are full" is completely irresponsible on the organizers side and doesn't even look well for the top administrators of the IAAF, as they need to look at how this makes the sport look.
    So, Cherry should be given a lane, although she put her entry in late.

With all other lanes full from people who followed the rules regarding entry.

That means that one of the people who have done nothing wrong procedurally and entered on time etc would be disqualified from taking the spot she properly entered for.

If the lanes are full, the lanes are full. Next time, put in your entry early. It's the professional thing to do. MHO.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Demu Cherry should be yielded a lane if she wanted to contest the event. Stating that the "lanes are full" is completely irresponsible on the organizers side and doesn't even look well for the top administrators of the IAAF, as they need to look at how this makes the sport look.
    You don't even know that's what's happened. You've just jumped on something that has been mentioned an the internet and decided that not only is it true but the IAAF are to blame.

We don't know why she's not running let's just be glad she isn't

Leave a comment:

• roundthebend
    replied
    Originally posted by roundthebend
    I certainly hoped it would be consitent with last years decisions. She was excluded across the board then and I blame the Berlin organisers for letting her compete in the first place this season.
    And then in Oslo....so my point stands. Either not allow them to compete or allow them...pick one, but don't allow and then say "There are no more lanes..." As if she's not in the hunt for the GL series.

Its inconsistent and unorganized.
    Indeed. She shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    I'm hopeful that Sally can make it three from three in Rome. She hasn't had great conditions to race in so far, based on Lausanne she looks in PB shape is likely to need it to hold off the rest of the field.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    I certainly hoped it would be consitent with last years decisions. She was excluded across the board then and I blame the Berlin organisers for letting her compete in the first place this season.
    And then in Oslo....so my point stands. Either not allow them to compete or allow them...pick one, but don't allow and then say "There are no more lanes..." As if she's not in the hunt for the GL series.

Its inconsistent and unorganized.

Leave a comment:

• IFK_Vaxjo
    replied
    Originally posted by ALLSpeed
    Where is Michelle Perry?
    She's in my hometown and training! She has picked Växjö, Sweden as her base in Europe.
    She's in pretty hard training right now judging by her workouts.

Leave a comment:

• roundthebend
    replied

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    It makes the sport look more clean.
    No it doesn't, it looks utterly inconsistent. Either you allow her to compete or not at all. You cannot let her win the 1st 2 GL meets, then state "there are no more lanes" to give her a spot.

Again, make the decision BEFORE they compete and enter into a "series" where an athletes is suppose to win each. Not uniform or consistent with what, whatever stance they've taken prior to this season...

Leave a comment:

• roundthebend
    replied
    It makes the sport look more clean.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KLocke
    replied
    she will compete next in St. Denis

Originally posted by ALLSpeed
    Where is Michelle Perry?

Leave a comment:

• xxx
    replied
    Where is Michelle Perry?

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Again, Oslo was forced to accept her entry, because she was invited to compete in Berlin - and won. Per IAAF, she has to have a lane made available in a heat (or final, sans a qualification), because she was in GL contention for the jackpot.

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    This was much discussed in Norwegian papers prior to Bislett (and after).

The consensus was that since she had run and won in Berlin it would have been unfair not to invite her to run in Oslo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X