100 M G.L. Premium 11 FRATER Michael JAM
    100 M G.L. Premium 12 JELKS Mark USA
    100 M G.L. Premium 13 THOMPSON Richard TRI
    100 M G.L. Premium 14 CERUTTI Fabio ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 15 RIPARELLI Jacques ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 16 COLLIO Simone ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 17 DI GREGORIO Emanuele ITA
    100 M G.L. Premium 18 MULLING Steve JAM

If Asafa shows up healthy(we know Tyson will), this race will be the most exciting race of the meet.

100 W G.L. Premium 1 DURST Stephanie USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 2 STEWART Kerron JAM
    100 W G.L. Premium 3 JETER Carmelita USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 4 FRASER Shelly-Ann JAM
    100 W G.L. Premium 5 LEE Muna USA

100 W G.L. Premium 6 BROOKS Shery-Ann JAM
    100 W G.L. Premium 7 BAPTISTE Kelly-Ann TRI
    100 W G.L. Premium 8 BAILEY Aleen JAM
    100 W G.L. Premium 9 SOLOMON Shalonda USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 10 FERGUSON Debbie BAH
    100 W G.L. Premium 11 EDWARDS Torri USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 12 KNIGHT Bianca USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 13 ANDERSON Alexandria USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 14 TEJEDA Anay CUB
    100 W G.L. Premium 15 CALI' Vincenza ITA
    100 W G.L. Premium 16 STURRUP Chandra BAH
    100 W G.L. Premium 17 JONES Lolo USA
    100 W G.L. Premium 18 x x x

The womens 100m will be the most competitive of the meet.

Womens 400m
    400 W G.L. Classic 1 RICHARDS Sanya USA
    400 W G.L. Classic 2 FELIX Allison USA

400 W G.L. Classic 3 WILLIAMS - MILLS Novlene JAM
    400 W G.L. Classic 4 HARGROVE Monica USA
    400 W G.L. Classic 5 WILLIAMS Sherika JAM
    400 W G.L. Classic 6 WILKINS Bobby-Gaye JAM
    400 W G.L. Classic 7 MONTSHO Amantle BOT
    400 W G.L. Classic 8 GRENOT Libania ITA
    400 W G.L. Classic 9 THIAM Ami Mbake SEN

Sanya should win but I expect a sub 50 and possible PR for Felix.
    Cows need love too

I expect a great run/start by Kerron since she has said that the GL 100m is one of her priorities this season in addition to winning in Berlin.

Kerron has 2 out of a total 6 GL wins so far this season. This Friday "might" be her third. Only way she beats Fraser though is if she gets out and stays with her for the first 30m. If that happens, the race is hers.
    Cows need love too

Comment

Rome Golden League July 10

Does anyone have an opinion on why there are no U.S. entrants in 800,1,500, 5,000 or steeple? Either they are not good enough to be invited, waiting for other meets, still training?

I believe there are still some who need qualifiers before July 31.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
        I expect a great run/start by Kerron since she has said that the GL 100m is one of her priorities this season in addition to winning in Berlin.

Kerron has 2 out of a total 6 GL wins so far this season. This Friday "might" be her third. Only way she beats Fraser though is if she gets out and stays with her for the first 30m. If that happens, the race is hers.
        I've mixed feelings about this - I kind of want a big payday for Kerron, but wanna know who is the real Jamaican National Chmpion..ie SAF vs Kerron. K's excuse last time was that she couldnt hear the starters pistol hence her slow start .. all that said, Im sure SAF would not begrudge K's money but she will want to proove a point here! then there is lita 'Jetlag' Jetter? the jetlag excuse will have waned.... I predict Photo finish for SAF & K .... who has the pointier nipple will win. a respectable 3rd for the US champion (beijing medals decided here?)

Comment

Actually, I need to correct myself slightly:

Maggie Vessey and Hazel Clark are in W800.
          Christin Wurth-Thomas is in the 1,500
          Delilah DeCrescenzo in the Steeple

Comment

Actually, I need to correct myself slightly:

Maggie Vessey and Hazel Clark are in W800.
            Christin Wurth-Thomas is in the 1,500
            Delilah DeCrescenzo in the Steeple

Just no men...

Comment

I am also wondering where the Americans are for the middle and long distance events.

?????

sureley, we have a few athletes that could have gotten into this meet.

Perhaps this is a new thread topic, but I really think that some of our middle distance runners do not spend enough time in Europe.

how the heck does Nick Symmonds think he is going to step up and compete with the big boys at Worlds if doesn't mix it up on the circuit before hand?

he has flopped at Worlds and Olympics, I think in part because the guy does not race in Europe at any big meets.

too much of a stay home and train mentality.

sure, he's a hero in Eugene, but he will never break through to the next level if he does not mix it up regularly with the top guys on the European Circuit.

same goes for lots of other U.S. middle and long distance runner.

anybody have any info or fact-based opinions on this???

Comment

Fraser had 2 "walkabout" races last year on the circuit (Monaco/Stockholm), is she due for another one?

Will Vessey continue her Silky Sullivan tactics or has she learned something?

Pray for sun.

Comment

Originally posted by larro_yel

I've mixed feelings about this - I kind of want a big payday for Kerron, but wanna know who is the real Jamaican National Chmpion..ie SAF vs Kerron. K's excuse last time was that she couldnt hear the starters pistol hence her slow start .. all that said, Im sure SAF would not begrudge K's money but she will want to proove a point here! then there is lita 'Jetlag' Jetter? the jetlag excuse will have waned.... I predict Photo finish for SAF & K .... who has the pointier nipple will win. a respectable 3rd for the US champion (beijing medals decided here?)

When Kerron focuses well, she can have a good/great start(same for Veronica). At the Jamaica Invitational at the beginning of May, Kerron had a great start and stayed with Fraser for the first 30m. Kerron then motored away for a great victory then in 10.92. Here is the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzN6lH543s

The key is for Kerron to focus and stay with SAF for the first 30m and she will win.

SAF kinda reminds me of Devers. Bullet like start and runaway to victory(Merlene and Gwen were always chasing Devers to the line).

Unless Jeter works on her start here and in Berlin, she is not going to win

A million dollars is a lot of money to be chasing thus the focus I think will be there.. I think Jelimo(womens 800m) won it all in 2008.
                  Cows need love too

Comment

Will their be semi's in the men's and ladies 100's?

Comment

Originally posted by longingfornia
                      Will their be semi's in the men's and ladies 100's?
                      semis or probably A and B races
                      Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by larro_yel
                        When Kerron focuses well, she can have a good/great start(same for Veronica). At the Jamaica Invitational at the beginning of May, Kerron had a great start and stayed with Fraser for the first 30m. Kerron then motored away for a great victory then in 10.92. Here is the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzN6lH543s
                        What I saw was Fraser having a lousy start ( she had too much company at 50m) and easing up 20m out when she knew she was beat.
                        The key is for Kerron to focus and stay with SAF for the first 30m and she will win.
                        Both Jeter and Stewart can beat her if she has an average start, but when she has one of her great ones I don't see anyone catching her.

[quote:3q5hqcf8]SAF kinda reminds me of Devers. Bullet like start and runaway to victory(Merlene and Gwen were always chasing Devers to the line).
                        [/quote:3q5hqcf8] Ditto

Comment

Lita 'Jetlag' Jeter is the best nickname I've heard yet....jiffypop is a close second! lol

Comment

I see that Lolo Jones is running the flat 100 --- is 11.36 her pr?

edit--pr= 2006 WAF Stuttgart 4th place final 11.24 (-0.20)
                            Tom Hyland:
                            "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by wineturtle
                              I see that Lolo Jones is running the flat 100 --- is 11.36 her pr?
                              Unfortunately after her injury she's needing speed! She's tire of being Slolo! 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X