X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Cherry in the 100mH? Not invited?
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Tyson should win in about 9.83 if the conditions are right.

Asafa second in 9.89
      Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
        No Cherry in the 100mH? Not invited?
        Maybe its not on her schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
          Tyson should win in about 9.83 if the conditions are right.

Asafa second in 9.89
          Sounds about right to me.

Comment

Start lists are updated.

Comment

I'm pulling for Tyson, but you be a damn fool to bet against Asafa in a GL Meet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                I'm pulling for Tyson, but you be a damn fool to bet against Asafa in a GL Meet!!!
                And he looked great in his last race! Asafa that is...!

Comment

Originally posted by larro_yel
                  When Kerron focuses well, she can have a good/great start(same for Veronica). At the Jamaica Invitational at the beginning of May, Kerron had a great start and stayed with Fraser for the first 30m. Kerron then motored away for a great victory then in 10.92. Here is the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzN6lH543s

The key is for Kerron to focus and stay with SAF for the first 30m and she will win.

SAF kinda reminds me of Devers. Bullet like start and runaway to victory(Merlene and Gwen were always chasing Devers to the line).

Unless Jeter works on her start here and in Berlin, she is not going to win

A million dollars is a lot of money to be chasing thus the focus I think will be there.. I think Jelimo(womens 800m) won it all in 2008.

If Kerron is next to SAF, she won't look like she has a good start. The only way she does is if SAF has an ok start. Should be fun regardless.
                  I support Jam but I am not discounting Jeter's chances here.

One Love!
                  One Love!!!

Comment

That's really the key for anyone not named Fraser. You must match her start or be able to get out with her , stay close, as that is her strength. For those who's ability comes out in the latter stages of the 100, they would be keen on doing just that. Stay with her and allow for their speed to kick in and overtake her in the latter part of that race.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                      That's really the key for anyone not named Fraser. You must match her start or be able to get out with her , stay close, as that is her strength. For those who's ability comes out in the latter stages of the 100, they would be keen on doing just that. Stay with her and allow for their speed to kick in and overtake her in the latter part of that race.
                      Remember every athlete has their own mind on the track ,some of them if not most they listen to what their coach says and then on the track it they switch instincts and perform differently. so in most cases it's easier said than done

Comment

I dont think its matching Fraser start, of course you cant let her TOO far out on you, but in Jeter/Stewart's case its getting a respectable start but the most important part is executing their drive phase and maintaining form from that point on and not pressing.

Comment

Is there somewhere to see this?
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
                            Is there somewhere to see this?
                            scott...go to the home page and to the right under results, the link and time are available 8-)
                            on the road

Comment

Thanks Speed!

Good thing that link wasn't a snake!
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Is it just me, or is the time off by a few hours.

Right now its already 6:24 pm in Rome.

And according the the meet website, the 100m races start at 19:30 and Rome time, so thats 7:30 pm Rome time, so that's about an hour from now at 10:30 am pacific time

Yet, on the T&FN thing it says events start at 12:15 pm pacific time...

which is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X