Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Sports website says 2pm EDT which I think is 11am Pacific time.
    Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
      I dont think its matching Fraser start, of course you cant let her TOO far out on you, but in Jeter/Stewart's case its getting a respectable start but the most important part is executing their drive phase and maintaining form from that point on and not pressing.
      Kerron, Jeter and Muna need to stay close to SAF at the start and through the drive phase and close up to 50m. If all four are within striking distance from 50-60m, I think Kerron should win.

This was always a similar issue with Devers(similar to SAF at the start) and the rest(Ottey,Torrence and Privaloa).

In the 1996 Atlanta final, Devers got a great start and drive phase and held on for the victory. At the grand prix final that year, both Ottey and Devers got great starts and Ottey had a killer finish and ran a blazing 10.74. That was a great race.
      Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
        Thanks Speed!

Good thing that link wasn't a snake!
        LOL..how's the family?
        on the road

Comment

They're great! Thanks for asking.

Speaking of family, it's good to see so many TSers grafted into this family. I think we class the joint up! :twisted: (Or at least spice it up)
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

IAAF website has an updated start list.

http://www.iaaf.org/gle09/entrylists/ev ... l#detW1500

Comment

Great. It looks like they will be running heats and then the final. I have seen them run heats in the mens 100m on the circuit before. Not typical for the women to run heats though. The women usually have a A and B race.

Should be a great race.
              Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by larro_yel
                Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                I expect a great run/start by Kerron since she has said that the GL 100m is one of her priorities this season in addition to winning in Berlin.

Kerron has 2 out of a total 6 GL wins so far this season. This Friday "might" be her third. Only way she beats Fraser though is if she gets out and stays with her for the first 30m. If that happens, the race is hers.
                I've mixed feelings about this - I kind of want a big payday for Kerron, but wanna know who is the real Jamaican National Chmpion..ie SAF vs Kerron. K's excuse last time was that she couldnt hear the starters pistol hence her slow start .. all that said, Im sure SAF would not begrudge K's money but she will want to proove a point here! then there is lita 'Jetlag' Jetter? the jetlag excuse will have waned.... I predict Photo finish for SAF & K .... who has the pointier nipple will win. a respectable 3rd for the US champion (beijing medals decided here?)
                The real Jamaican Champion is SAF. Last year it was Kerron Stewart and this year it's SAF.

Last year, SAF had a great start and was only overtaken by Kerron Stewart at the end. This year's race was almost a De ja Vu for Kerron, only thing this time...SAF held on. 2009 Jamaican Champion is SAF.

Comment

Will be a shocker if ASAFA Powell win today???

After race in Lausanne Powell mentioned, this is the way he should ran..and that the 100m record is in reach. At the Rome press conference he is saying about this race GL...he's just hoping to improve his form. Is that an clue...that he is settling for 2nd today?

I'll look for SAF to win today with a nice time. Sorry Kerron Stewart but your start might just do you in again. I really didn't think she was going to win atleast five 100m to qualify for piece of the Jackpot anyway. Not with a healthy SAF on the circuit. Also thought VCB would be running in a GL, but don't seems to be happening this year or maybe VCB will run atleast one GL after the World Championships.

Comment

What's that dude grinning at?? He ran fast, but Safa is just cruising. :?:

Nice times by all, by the way.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Any ideas where I can watch this from outside the US, gang ?

Comment

New PR in the mens 100m heats by both Yohan Blake and Steve Mullings 10.05
                        Cows need love too

Comment

Cows need love too

Comment

Cows need love too

Comment

This meet look to be loaded again!! Looking for some excited races all across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
                                Any ideas where I can watch this from outside the US, gang ?
                                find the event in

www.channelsurfing.net

Comment

Working...
                                X