X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainy.here
    replied
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    Tyson should win in about 9.83 if the conditions are right.

Asafa second in 9.89
    Sounds about right to me.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    No Cherry in the 100mH? Not invited?
    Maybe its not on her schedule.

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Tyson should win in about 9.83 if the conditions are right.

Asafa second in 9.89

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    No Cherry in the 100mH? Not invited?

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by wineturtle
    I see that Lolo Jones is running the flat 100 --- is 11.36 her pr?
    Unfortunately after her injury she's needing speed! She's tire of being Slolo! 8-)

Leave a comment:

• wineturtle
    replied
    I see that Lolo Jones is running the flat 100 --- is 11.36 her pr?

edit--pr= 2006 WAF Stuttgart 4th place final 11.24 (-0.20)

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Lita 'Jetlag' Jeter is the best nickname I've heard yet....jiffypop is a close second! lol

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by larro_yel
    When Kerron focuses well, she can have a good/great start(same for Veronica). At the Jamaica Invitational at the beginning of May, Kerron had a great start and stayed with Fraser for the first 30m. Kerron then motored away for a great victory then in 10.92. Here is the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzN6lH543s
    What I saw was Fraser having a lousy start ( she had too much company at 50m) and easing up 20m out when she knew she was beat.
    The key is for Kerron to focus and stay with SAF for the first 30m and she will win.
    Both Jeter and Stewart can beat her if she has an average start, but when she has one of her great ones I don't see anyone catching her.

[quote:3q5hqcf8]SAF kinda reminds me of Devers. Bullet like start and runaway to victory(Merlene and Gwen were always chasing Devers to the line).
    [/quote:3q5hqcf8] Ditto

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by longingfornia
    Will their be semi's in the men's and ladies 100's?
    semis or probably A and B races

Leave a comment:

• longingfornia
    replied
    Will their be semi's in the men's and ladies 100's?

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by larro_yel
    I expect a great run/start by Kerron since she has said that the GL 100m is one of her priorities this season in addition to winning in Berlin.

Kerron has 2 out of a total 6 GL wins so far this season. This Friday "might" be her third. Only way she beats Fraser though is if she gets out and stays with her for the first 30m. If that happens, the race is hers.
    I've mixed feelings about this - I kind of want a big payday for Kerron, but wanna know who is the real Jamaican National Chmpion..ie SAF vs Kerron. K's excuse last time was that she couldnt hear the starters pistol hence her slow start .. all that said, Im sure SAF would not begrudge K's money but she will want to proove a point here! then there is lita 'Jetlag' Jetter? the jetlag excuse will have waned.... I predict Photo finish for SAF & K .... who has the pointier nipple will win. a respectable 3rd for the US champion (beijing medals decided here?)

When Kerron focuses well, she can have a good/great start(same for Veronica). At the Jamaica Invitational at the beginning of May, Kerron had a great start and stayed with Fraser for the first 30m. Kerron then motored away for a great victory then in 10.92. Here is the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzN6lH543s

The key is for Kerron to focus and stay with SAF for the first 30m and she will win.

SAF kinda reminds me of Devers. Bullet like start and runaway to victory(Merlene and Gwen were always chasing Devers to the line).

Unless Jeter works on her start here and in Berlin, she is not going to win

A million dollars is a lot of money to be chasing thus the focus I think will be there.. I think Jelimo(womens 800m) won it all in 2008.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Fraser had 2 "walkabout" races last year on the circuit (Monaco/Stockholm), is she due for another one?

Will Vessey continue her Silky Sullivan tactics or has she learned something?

Pray for sun.

Leave a comment:

• 110hedgeNYC
    replied
    I am also wondering where the Americans are for the middle and long distance events.

?????

sureley, we have a few athletes that could have gotten into this meet.

Perhaps this is a new thread topic, but I really think that some of our middle distance runners do not spend enough time in Europe.

how the heck does Nick Symmonds think he is going to step up and compete with the big boys at Worlds if doesn't mix it up on the circuit before hand?

he has flopped at Worlds and Olympics, I think in part because the guy does not race in Europe at any big meets.

too much of a stay home and train mentality.

sure, he's a hero in Eugene, but he will never break through to the next level if he does not mix it up regularly with the top guys on the European Circuit.

same goes for lots of other U.S. middle and long distance runner.

anybody have any info or fact-based opinions on this???

Leave a comment:

• huntinwr
    replied
    Rome Golden League July 10

Actually, I need to correct myself slightly:

Maggie Vessey and Hazel Clark are in W800.
    Christin Wurth-Thomas is in the 1,500
    Delilah DeCrescenzo in the Steeple

Just no men...

Leave a comment:

• huntinwr
    replied
    Rome Golden League July 10

Actually, I need to correct myself slightly:

Maggie Vessey and Hazel Clark are in W800.
    Christin Wurth-Thomas is in the 1,500
    Delilah DeCrescenzo in the Steeple

Leave a comment:

Working...
X